Print Thread
Go To
#461162 03/08/18 09:17 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Rich59 Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Can anyone recommend what wave synth plugins are compatible with BIAB and RB., without having to use a third party software.

Last edited by Rich59; 03/08/18 09:17 AM.

BIAB 2018 latest build, Window 10 Pro 64 bit operating system
X64 based processor
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU ES-2670 @ 2.60GHz
16 Gigs Ram
Tascam 2x2 audio interface. Podxt
Rich59 #461165 03/08/18 09:35 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Rich google/bing 32 bit wav synth plug ins and you will find a number of them. I only use 64 bit plug-ins so I can not suggest any 32 bit ones.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #461171 03/08/18 10:42 AM
Rich59 Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thank you, I will check that out tonight.

X64 based processor
16 Gigs Ram
Rich59 #461176 03/08/18 11:32 AM
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Rich,

You likely won't get many special results by including the word "wave" in a search, as that word doesn't really mean anything specific in the synthesizer world (other than the company name Waves, whose products aren't directly compatible with our software).

Are you looking for wavetable synths like that Codex synth we discussed in that other thread?

If so, wavetable synthesis is a specific kind of digital synthesis (one of my favourites, great for slowly evolving sounds like pads). U-He's Zebra uses wavetables, so does Xfer Records' Serum, and Waldorf's PPG Wave, Nave and Largo. We haven't tested these with BIAB ourselves, but there's no reason they wouldn't work as they're just normal VSTi plugins with no special requirements.

www.kvraudio.com is a great resource for researching plugins, they have a directory of pretty much every VST or VSTi on the market. If you go their Products section, select Best Synth Plugins, you can narrow the search by price, OS, synthesis type, etc...

I hope this helps!

Kent
PG Music

Rich59 Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice

it does help. Thanks I am looking for pad sounds and an hopefully one that can arrpegiate as well.. Things like that.

The sounds included in the player are either public domain, CC 3.0 with attribution or made strictly for music production. The license for each sound is written on their respective GUIs. The public domain sounds can be use for sound design projects without any restrictions while the CC 3.0 with attribution requires attributions.

Can you explain what the above means?

Last edited by Rich59; 03/08/18 12:40 PM.

X64 based processor
16 Gigs Ram
Rich59 #461191 03/08/18 12:45 PM
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Rich,

I don't think the PPG Wave has an arpeggiator, but all the others I listed do. Waldorf Largo's arpeggiator is fantastic, it's based on their Blofeld hardware synth that I have at home. Great pad machine.

Zebra is great for pads too, it was the main synth Hans Zimmer used for the Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises soundtracks.

Googling "wavetable vst synth" will find any others that I missed, but I believe those are the most popular. smile

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Rich59 #461193 03/08/18 12:47 PM
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Originally Posted By: Rich59

The sounds included in the player are either public domain, CC 3.0 with attribution or made strictly for music production. The license for each sound is written on their respective GUIs. The public domain sounds can be use for sound design projects without any restrictions while the CC 3.0 with attribution requires attributions.

Can you explain what the above means?

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Where are you seeing this?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Rich59 Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Samplescience synth. This is what is states about the available sounds.
Iy's free but I am new to this so before I look for something else I wanted to experiment a bit.
It is asking me to copy the plugin .dll file and .instruments folder in your DAW VST plugin folder.

I don't know where to find the file. I open the zip file and see two items but no .dll

Last edited by Rich59; 03/08/18 01:24 PM.

X64 based processor
16 Gigs Ram
Rich59 #461205 03/08/18 01:51 PM
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi, it looks like they're telling you that each sound's license terms will be explained by the interface (GUI = Graphical User Interface) when you select that sound.

CC refers to Creative Commons, who provide ready-to-use license agreements. The ones marked "CC 3.0 with attribution" can be used as long as you provide attribution (credit) as described by the Creative Commons license version 3.0.

There's some more info here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

"Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use."

The sounds marked "Public Domain" can be used freely.

I've never used or installed SampleScience, but if you provide the full file names of what you're seeing in the ZIP file, I might be able to point you in the right direction. You may need to talk to SampleScience themselves though.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Rich59 Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I figured out what I was doing wrong but I could not understand how to apply it to BIAB although I use other vst plugins for effects and the Coyote synth without issue. I uninstsalled it because I did not care for it at all. I realize what I need is actually good presets for synth sounds like the arrpegiator without having to delve into creating the sounds myself. The Coyote has a couple of synth pads but it is limited. I have virtually no experience with creating my own sounds and I am a novice when it comes to midi so I need to keep things simple. I am creating backing tracks for worship and would like to add orchestral as well as synth pad type sounds. Sample Tank 3 as a standalone maybe?
Now that I figured that out I need to find a synth with good presets that will not break the bank. Any specific suggestions would be appreciated. The Pastor at my church wants to cover the cost for the midi controller which is great. I also just finished watching a BIAB tutorial on using BIAB with standalone synths. I think that may be a better approach for me. One question is if I am using a standalone synth for a track or two and then save the song , does it save the sound from the synth or do I have to actually press record and record the synth sounds into the song?

Last edited by Rich59; 03/09/18 07:38 AM.

X64 based processor
16 Gigs Ram
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195