You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#461213 - 03/08/18 05:31 PM [Songwriting] Looking for people to collab with?
kevthakid Offline

I came across this app called Vampr. It's like Tinder for collaborating with other musicians. So far so good check it out! It's free in the app store!

#461299 - 03/09/18 07:11 AM [Songwriting] Re: Looking for people to collab with? [Re: kevthakid]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

I looked this up, and it seems really interesting smile I'd be interested to hear if anyone on our forums has experience with this.

#461301 - 03/09/18 07:45 AM [Songwriting] Re: Looking for people to collab with? [Re: kevthakid]
sslechta Offline

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
I just figured it was spam since the user never posted before.

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win10, Dell Precision 7920, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Interface

#461773 - 03/12/18 07:38 AM [Songwriting] Re: Looking for people to collab with? [Re: sslechta]
Guitarhacker Offline

Originally Posted By: sslechta

yep.... someone who possibly has a financial interest in the app looking for free advertising.
You can find my music at:

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#461861 - 03/12/18 07:40 PM [Songwriting] Re: Looking for people to collab with? [Re: sslechta]
Don Gaynor Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Originally Posted By: sslechta

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
New Video - Installing Band-in-a-Box® from the Flash Drive Tutorial

When you order directly from us, there's an option to have your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK installation files sent to you on a flash drive (instead of DVD).
(this option appears during the check-out process)

We've created this handy tutorial video to walk you through the installation process:

Guitar Riffs Solo Lesson - YouTube Find (EricBlackmonGuitar)

Check out EricBlackmonGuitar's latest video, QUIK LICKS #14 Guitar Riffs Solo Lesson EricBlackmonGuitar HQ, where he not only teached a great guitar riff, but he also repeats that lick over a Band-in-a-Box backing track... what a great way to show how Band-in-a-Box is ideal for backing tracks!

Video link:

Thank you Eric!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - Cleaned-up BB folder!

It's the first day of spring today, which means it's time to start spring cleaning!

We cleaned up the BB folder with our release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018. Over the years, this folder has been growing - there were up to 10,000 files in there! We've fixed this and put the files into various folders. This is done with a cleanup routine. The cleanup normally happens automatically during installation, but you can run it manually by selecting the main menu Help | Utilities | Run Cleanup routine.

The cleanup routine does the following:
-Moves Styles files (.STY/.STX) from C:\bb to C:\bb\Styles.
-Moves Soloists files (.ST2/.XT2) from C:\bb to C:\bb\Soloists.
-Moves various Demo folders to C:\Demos.
-Moves various songs and lessons folders to C:\bb\Songs and Lessons.
-Moves various files essential for running Band-in-a-Box to C:\bb\Data and C:\bb\Data\Lib.
-Moves various preferences files to C:\bb\Preferences.
-Moves tutorial demo songs, program manuals (.pdf), and the help file (.chm) to C:\bb\Documentation.

Oliver Gannon Interview - Appointed to the Order of Canada!

Oliver Gannon (Peter Gannon's brother), was appointed to the Order of Canada in recognition for "his achievements as a musician" on December 29, 2017!

Oliver recently sat for an interview with CBC's Hot Air host Margaret Gallagher - read a summary and listen to the interview at

'I don't know ... why they chose me. But I'm very glad and I'm not giving it back'
-Oliver Gannon

To be clear, and avoid any confusion, there are two brothers: Peter Gannon is the "Band-in-a-Box" PG Music guy, and Oliver Gannon is the jazz guitarist who just won the Order of Canada.

#Monday Motivation - Free Band-in-a-Box® Hard Drive!

Want to snag yourself a free Band-in-a-Box® hard drive? Tell everyone how much you love Band-in-a-Box® with your very own Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial video!

Submit your video, and when we use it on our website (and YouTube page) we will send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® Hard Drive!

Learn more about how to submit your video testimonial here.

Take a look at the video testimonials we've already received at

User Tip - Custom Drum Shots

Have you ever wanted more control of the RealDrums generated within Band-in-a-Box? (example: with the same consecutive shot/hold/push)

Forum user Pipeline shared their steps in an incredibly detailed forum post to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out: Custom Drum Shots.

#FunFactFriday - Team PG!

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, choose Help | About Band-in-a-Box, and you'll see more than just information on the program - you'll also see a complete list of Team PG - we're currently at 35 team members!

Forum Stats
27255 Members
49 Forums
50730 Topics
417511 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Mjolnnir, BigRd, printman73, atc, Dangelico

27254 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 177
Matt Finley 173