You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#378682 - 12/01/16 01:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

So to create MultiRiffs in Biab much the same way as RealBand does.

If I have all my tracks in my DAW, recorded session or BB tracks, so I need some solos or instrument fills.

I have set the solo/fill section to start earlier or end later as in RealBand's MultiRiff's, in BB I just highlight a bar before and after.
Using F5 I mute the tracks @ bar 1, un-mute @ bar 8, mute @ bar 13.
If you can automate the muting of all bars that are not highlighted (except Audio slot without having to F5), and then generate up 7 of the same RTs (this should be quick as the other bars are muted, actually empty), so if you highlight the bars then go up to a "MultiRiff" button that will let you choose the RT you want and then mutes the non selected bars and gives me 7 RT Solos/Fills to choose from.
With my downmixed stereo file loaded into the audio track I can find one that fits (you can even look at the notation of each of the 7 Riffs beforehand that you can't do in Realband), all we need to do is solo a riff and the Audio track, hit play or highlight a section and loop it, this will play our song Audio track along with it til we find one that fits while BB is looping, or generate up 7 again with Play/Generate button, then drag it out, either the section bars by highlighting them or the whole track without highlighting any bars.
You can also drag the RealCharts out to your DAW, click your notation window.
Once we have ReWire implemented soon, BB as Master and DAW as slave, you can use MultiRiffs with ReWire instead of having to load your downmix into the BB Audio track.
So as you hit play in BB the slave DAW will follow BB start/stop/continue/loop.

Attachments
RB_MultiRiffs.jpg

BB_Reaper_ReWire_MultiRiffs2.jpg (604 downloads)

Edited by Pipeline (12/01/16 01:36 AM)

#401639 - 03/19/17 06:18 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

DropBox > click No Thanks Continue..
BB-MultiRiffs.mp4

#461115 - 03/08/18 06:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
I would give my plus or not comments...if I understood one word of any of the above confused

#461122 - 03/08/18 07:04 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Icelander]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

In a nutshell, the above is creating Multiriffs in Biab the same way that they are created in RealBand.
This way was pointed out to show Win uses that don't or can't use RealBand or Mac users that don't have RealBand, how to create MultiRiffs.

All the tracks are save to a stereo track except the realtrack instrument you want to create 7 Multiriffs to choose from.
That saved stereo track is then loaded into the Audio track of the song, then the same RealTrack is loaded in each of the 7 Biab tracks,
F5 is used on each track to generate the instrument only from bar 8 to 12, this works the same as RealBand generating a MulltiRiff for the selected bars.

Now you solo the audio track and solo the first track,
you play this and see how it sounds, if it fits good then highlight bars 8 to 12 and drag export it into bar 8 of your DAW, or don't highlight and drag export the whole track to your DAW,
else solo track 2 and play as it might play a better Riff or track 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or lucky 7. If you still can't find a suitable riff then just hit the regenerate all.

As mentioned above, if PG would automate the muting of all bars that are not highlighted (except Audio slot without having to F5 mute track , un-mute track), and then generate up 7 of the same RTs.
(this should be quick to generate up as the other bars are muted, actually empty),
This could be done with one button "MultiRiff" as you click the button it will bring the RealTrack picker window up, you select the RT > OK > Biab will then generate up the 7 tracks to the whole chord sheet or just the selected bars if selected.

#461140 - 03/08/18 08:31 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
In a nutshell, the above is creating Multiriffs in Biab the same way that they are created in RealBand. Snip ...

So Pipeline, the wishlist request is for PG Music to add a multi-riff button to the Band-in-a-Box toolbar. Clicking the button would cause the actions you described above to happen, is that correct? If so, +1.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#461170 - 03/08/18 11:56 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Pipeline, if only PGM would hire you on a contract basis I feel we would get some cool features that are truly useful really fast.

#461173 - 03/08/18 01:02 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
+1 to Pipeline's idea.

+1 to JJJ's idea.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#461175 - 03/08/18 01:32 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
beatmaster Offline
Apprentice

Real clever thinking awesome stuff..!!

#461206 - 03/08/18 04:13 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: beatmaster]
Keith44 Online   content

Loc: Sydney NSW
+ 1

#461214 - 03/08/18 05:43 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Keith44]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

I will try and explain it a bit more easier:

1. You have your song made up in Biab but would like to get the soloist to play a suitable riff at certain bars.

2. Mute the soloist track, Save my song.SGU

3. File > Save Special > WAV/AIFF .

4. Save song As my song - multiriff.SGU

5. File > Import Audio > choose the wav/aiff file you just save, or rename the wav/aiff to the same name as my song - multiriff.SGU my song - multiriff.wav and reopen the song and the file will load into the audio track.

6. Edit > Song Form > Unfold

7. Select the first track and select the RealTrack you want to Multiriff in the RealTrack picker.

8. In the top left of the picker select the next track and set it to the same RT and so on until all 7 are the same RT.

9. Hit F5 on Bar 1 and set each track to mute except the Audio track.

10. Hit F5 on Bar 9 set each track to Back to Normal except the Audio track.

11. Hit F5 on Bar 13 set each track to Mute except the Audio track.

12. Generate all with >+

13. In the mixer right click on the Audio track solo button and right click the solo button on track 1 then 2 then 3 etc..
to preview each Multiriff with the other instrument in the Audio track.

14. When you find the riff that fits highlight the bars and export via DROP and drag to the same bar number in your DAW or don't highlight to export the whole track.

Attachments
BB-Multiriff01.png

BB-Multiriff02.png

BB-Multiriff03.png

BB-Multiriff04.png

BB-Multiriff05.png

#461226 - 03/08/18 06:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Biab MultiRiffs an Easier Way [Re: Pipeline]
Trygve Larsen Online   content
Expert

Loc: Philippines
+1 to Pipeline's idea.

+1 to JJJ's idea.
My tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

PG Music News
Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 is a HIT!

Since the release Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we've received some great feedback!

"The added Piano Roll Window is... WONDERFUL!"
"Adding the Piano Roll Window is a BIG DEAL - thanks PG Music!"
"This significantly changes how I will use Band-in-a-Box in the future."
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely must have!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid! "
"Such a comprehensive source for music making!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"Oh wow. This has got to be the coolest enhancement in Band-in-a-Box 2018. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"
"A brilliant piece of software!"
"What a release!!!"
"THEY DO NO PAY ME BUT if you don't own this you are crazy."
"Been using Band in a Box for years!! Great product for composing. I absolutely love the background vocals in Band-in-a-Box 2018."
"My compliments to the PG Music team who have once again have delivered an incredible collection of new styles and RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box this year!"
"There is still so much to explore and work with!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic... any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone... gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"I bought this Band-in-a-Box 2018 and I love it , it is amazing to work with!!!!!"
"...it's educational utility and the potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me chomping at the bit!"
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"This is amazing software!"
"Thank you for a wonderful tool for both musicians and singers - I can never say enough about this amazingly versatile product!"

Forum Stats
27611 Members
50 Forums
52202 Topics
432014 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
MichLeon, dave1990, mucheyielts2018, bpran, smokinop

27610 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 189
Noel96 165