Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#460103 - 03/03/18 12:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
animarorecords Online   content
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Josie

Super vocals and harmonies!
Your vocal is perfect. Really comfortable.
As trevor said, toe-tappingly good!
As Robert said, I also hope you'll be bringing us more like this.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#460231 - 03/03/18 01:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Josie,

Good to have you back with such a subtle and groovy folk song.
Vocals are emotive, bright and sparkly as always.
Very good work.

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#460298 - 03/04/18 01:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
jannesan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Finland
Very nice catchy folky song with great vocals and harmonies. And those fiddles really make the sun shine smile

Janne

#460306 - 03/04/18 02:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
What a great tune. Very true to the genre and everything is spot on. I'm glad to see you posting again and listening to your song first thing this morning is a wonderful way to start the day.

#460329 - 03/04/18 04:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Torrey Bliss Online   content
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Josie, I loved everything about this one! Vocals/harmony are great! Your mix is excellent and you did a very good job with the instrumentation! Thanks, Torrey

#460331 - 03/04/18 04:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Great to hear you again Josie. As you know we come from a long bluegrass background so this is right in our wheelhouse. Janice mentioned that the feel is a lot like The Marshall Family that we used to listen to many years ago. A very similar vocal style - nice and flowing. Your use of those RTs shows a genuine appreciation for the nuances of arranging and mixing a bluegrass based tune.

The imagery rich lyric was terrific and we really liked the stopped vocal section.

Well done!!

J&B

PS There was a foot log on our family farm to get to the best fishing spot.
J&B Website

#460364 - 03/04/18 07:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Awesome work here, Sundance! I enjoyed everything about this one - the vocal performance is excellent, the arrangement is superb, and it's very catchy. Just a well written song, through and through. Not to mention - that groove got my foot tapping in about 10 seconds! I can imagine this sounding unreal in a live setting, and packing the dancefloor in no time.

Great job and thanks for sharing smile

Thank you very much Deryk!

#460365 - 03/04/18 07:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Samuel Davis]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
Nice tune. This is very well put together. Love your choice of instrumentation. Very Appalachian sounding.

Thank you Samuel!

#460366 - 03/04/18 07:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: F.M.M.]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
great work Josie love the vocal perfect thanks for sharing eric

Thank you Eric!

#460367 - 03/04/18 07:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Robertkc]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Josie,

A cute idea for a song that you turned into a great story.
Your vocal ( and harmonies) sounds so comfortable and relaxed and the production ticks all the boxes.
Love that washboard!
I hope you`ll be bringing us more like this.

Robert

Thank you Robert!

#460368 - 03/04/18 07:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: gruverider]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Great story song. Love the harmonies and the vocal brake down in the second verse. Great arranging there.

much enjoyed!

Thank you Lawrence!

#460586 - 03/05/18 06:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Josie, Your chorus works well with the bluegrass sound/instruments. The holler/swallers rhyme is clever.

#460590 - 03/05/18 07:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Josie,

I love everything about this!

Great arrangement, singing, production, lyrics and vocals.

Love it! A classic.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#461225 - 03/08/18 06:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Scott C]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this song Josie. Brought memories of Loretta Lynn and Dolly Parton. Super vocal and lyric.

Thank you Scott!

#461228 - 03/08/18 06:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: dcuny]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dcuny
What a fun tune! It sounded great through my phone's speaker, which is a sign of a great mix.

I was hoping that you'd include a verse where Pa takes potshots at the suiter's feet as they try to cross the creek. wink

I enjoyed the listen!

Thank you David! Maybe I'll do the sequel one of these days.

#461229 - 03/08/18 06:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: animarorecords]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Josie

Super vocals and harmonies!
Your vocal is perfect. Really comfortable.
As trevor said, toe-tappingly good!
As Robert said, I also hope you'll be bringing us more like this.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you Shigeki!

#461230 - 03/08/18 06:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: RnAM]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Josie,

Good to have you back with such a subtle and groovy folk song.
Vocals are emotive, bright and sparkly as always.
Very good work.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thank you Rob and Anne-Marie!

#461231 - 03/08/18 06:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
What a great tune. Very true to the genre and everything is spot on. I'm glad to see you posting again and listening to your song first thing this morning is a wonderful way to start the day.

Thank you Charlie!

#461535 - 03/10/18 07:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: jannesan]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very nice catchy folky song with great vocals and harmonies. And those fiddles really make the sun shine smile

Janne

Thank you Janne, I really appreciate it!

#461680 - 03/11/18 05:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Good to hear from you again Sundance!! I heard this earlier on Soundcloud. It is really fun and creative.....a real true country feel! Vocal and mix are top notch!! Keep posting (miss you)!! Take care. Greg

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Forum Stats
27616 Members
50 Forums
52225 Topics
432313 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
donbaxter, Jose-Luis-NZ, Cipher, BillyP, fleahead

27616 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 195
Noel96 170