Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#461427 03/10/18 03:09 AM
User Showcase
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi All,

Here's something new - this is called Charlottesville.

The sun sinks low in Charlottesville
On an evil August night
You can smell the citronella
You can see it burning bright
The fear is rising slowly
From the windows up above
You can almost hear the footsteps
And their words have run amok

The sun comes up in Charlottesville
There's a new day ahead
You can see the strangers gather
You can almost feel the dread
The streets are filling slowly
From the first light of the day
You can read the printed signposts
And the flags now on display

In the middle of the day
You can see the monsters prowling
You can smell the pepper spray
The crowd is in slow motion
From the blinding metal weather
You can see the flowers scatter
And the tears upon the heather

On a somber August night
You can see the shadows running
You can feel their vile delight
The house is in disorder
From the streets and all around
You can hear the voices singing
And the rising of this town

All BIAB Tracks:
1253: Bass, Electric, PopShiningHeld Ev 120
1262: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Ev 120
634: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanMuted Ev 120
RealDrums: MetalSlowTomGroove: a: Toms, b: Busy Toms

As always, thanks for listening.

Bob

rsdean #461431 03/10/18 04:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great lyrics.

One thing that bothered me personally about the whole scene was that Time magazine photo center spread of some twenty something year olds smiling and cheering while a young person beat a crippled old man with a crutch while he was lying on the street helpless and undefended.

No one stepped in to say don't beat an old man with a baseball bat.

No, they cheered and smiled while old old man was beaten and it is all on camera. But hell, at least they were on the right side. Media Heroes. I am sure Jesus was very impressed and will show them which door to take when they make it to the other side.

If I could move to a different planet I would.

This one is messed up.

Glad you kept the song murky because it is all murky.

Murkier than Satan's innermost hellhole.

rsdean #461563 03/11/18 12:57 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent writing! Spoken word really works well here.

Man, what a powerful song! On my second listen ....

rsdean #461591 03/11/18 06:48 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! That is strong stuff.

The spoken word, the band and the arrangement are all in sync with the ominous feel.

This deserves a ton of listens!

The mix is pro level sounding on our monitors and is a classic example of how often less is more.

Great!

J&B

rsdean #461593 03/11/18 07:10 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Heavy and deep. Not easy to write a song about tragedies like this. Impressive how you wrote this through unbiased eyes of a poet capturing the high emotion with such great imagery. Great job on the arrangement and production too Bob.

User Showcase
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
David,

Thanks - much appreciated. I like your description of murky... I also wanted to take a bit of a LoFi approach with the mix / recording.

Thanks again.

Bob

rsdean #461611 03/11/18 09:50 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi rsdean
I've wanted to post some of my political views, in my songs. I mentioned a one world order religion, that I wondered was doomed to fail... My song (hello world), but I think your song is better fashioned for that, kodos to you.

rsdean #461654 03/11/18 01:06 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Great writing. I wish i had the courage to write on such an important topic.

Well done.

rsdean #461697 03/11/18 02:56 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That blew me away Bob. As soon as the started I sat up in my chair. What a powerful song. Life at is worse and song writing at its best. Well done. Incredible delivery..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
rsdean #461705 03/11/18 03:06 PM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Powerful lyrics Bob!! This is a fantastic production, and great mix. One of my faves of so many by you that I really like!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Dave,

Thanks - much appreciated.

Bob

rsdean #461721 03/11/18 04:46 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You painted a word picture masterpiece. Very clever write this one. Very moody and captivating. Thanks for listing. Rob.

rsdean #461727 03/11/18 07:23 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
One of your all-time best, Bob - and THAT is saying a lot...

Excellent write - start to finish.

Excellent production. You used that piano SO effectively...all the instruments for that matter. Exceptional!

Powerful writing and producing and vocal. Bravo.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Heavy and deep. Not easy to write a song about tragedies like this. Impressive how you wrote this through unbiased eyes of a poet capturing the high emotion with such great imagery. Great job on the arrangement and production too Bob.

Bob,

I second Josie's comments. She said exactly what I was thinking as I listened. You've done a spectacular job with this. It's a very powerful composition and your arrangement and your performance catapult it into the territory of exceptional songwriting.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Janice & Bud,

Thanks very much.

Bob

rsdean #461782 03/12/18 05:28 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I had to play this song a few times so that I could really appreciate it. It has so many subtleties that I really appreciate, and I think you did a great job with making the song really pop even with it being more mellow with its sound.

Rad job. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Ember
rsdean #461797 03/12/18 07:19 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Nice arrangement and song. It's really tough to write a political song. No matter what side of the isle you are on you risk offending at least 50% of your listeners. We always think we're right and have the moral high ground. However a little humility will tell most of us that we all have blind spots, facts we don't know and many issues are very complicated. I remember the old saying "The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions". I think it helped that you kept your lyrics a little vague. I was just reading comments this morning about Tim McGraw as it seems he collapsed on stage in Ireland and some of his fans are done with him and his music due to some recent comments and positions he's taken. We all have a right to our beliefs, but if you're out there making music and money, there's a responsibility to not alienate your fans, unless I guess you've made all the money you want or need and don't really care. My two cents.

rsdean #461799 03/12/18 07:51 AM
User Showcase
K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
K
Robert...another excellent, excellent write. You have a real gift for creating strong imagery through verse. There is real craftsmanship here. Not to mention the excellent production. Well done!!

Scott C #461803 03/12/18 08:42 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
That blew me away Bob. As soon as the started I sat up in my chair. What a powerful song. Life at is worse and song writing at its best. Well done. Incredible delivery..

Bob,

I agree with Scott and those that appreciate how fine a line you`ve balanced in writing this.
Wonderfully stripped down production... the pulsing end without a solo instrument allows the effect of your lyrics to sink in.
Definitely up there with your best work.

Robert

rsdean #461811 03/12/18 09:27 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Bob,

A very intimidating song, but in a very good way. Bearing in mind the subject
matter, the feel is spot-on.

A very clever write which is thought provoking and leaves you with an uneasy
feeling, but also with the need to play it again.

Excellent.

ROG.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,469
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195