Go To
#460891 03/06/18 11:40 AM
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
M
mmm2018 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hello Hello

Deleting two bars in a Song causes a total confusion. What the heck is happening here? A normal band in a box behavior?
(Why cant i just add an image in a normal way?)

BEFORE deleting the first two bars

AFTER deleting the first two bars

Can anyone help me in this case?

Thanks

mic

mmm2018 #460903 03/06/18 01:48 PM
Veteran
Veteran
FWIW - I lay my songs out with one chorus and no repeat signs and I have never had a problem deleting or add measures. However I do agree that what you see should not happen.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
mmm2018 #460908 03/06/18 01:56 PM
Veteran
Veteran
I have had SO much trouble with this that if I have to make a change like that now, I start over. It has never worked correctly and cleanly for me. I see exactly when the example pics show. At least that lends credence to the fact that it's a problem on the software side if more than one person has the problem..

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
mmm2018 #460934 03/06/18 05:05 PM
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi,

If you send the song file as shown in the first screenshot, I'll be happy to test this and see if I can replicate the problem. Please be sure to let us know which exact version and build you're running as well.

You can send the file as an email attachment to support@pgmusic.com.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

M
mmm2018 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Dear Kent

Thanks so far for the answers, it looks like, as it is not only my problem.
i´ve just been sending you the file

kind regards

mic

mmm2018 #461629 03/11/18 10:48 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Welcome to the forums Mic but one question for you. Why would you post your question here in the Tech S.O.S forum which is stricty a non musical, non PG products, off-topic forum?

The Biab forum is Here , isn't this the logical forum for this question? You will get more views and more answers if you post in the correct forum.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
mmm2018 #461729 03/11/18 07:31 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

Why don't you ease off on people new to the forums? At the end of the day, they're free to post wherever they want to.

Quite honestly, I can understand users' confusion in relation to the forums. There are so many to choose from these days that it's very easy to wonder where best to post. Also, this post has already been answered by Kent from PG Music and he had no issue with it being here.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
mmm2018 #461819 03/12/18 11:11 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Ease off? I thought I was pretty gentle.

If you post into the correct forum your chances of getting the right answer is much better because EVERYBODY will see it. Here, it can get lost especially the answer. For all we know there could be 100 people (or more) who would like this answer but they probably won't see it because they're looking for Biab answers in the Biab forum. I guess they're wasting their time looking there when they should be looking here, right?

That's what Kent should have said.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
mmm2018 #461821 03/12/18 11:19 AM
Veteran
Veteran
I've noticed that PG Music staff do not correct posters about this. It's certainly not up to us to tell them what to do.

I also post on occasion that someone will get better attention if they post in a different forum, but I answer their question anyway.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
mmm2018 #461841 03/12/18 01:31 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, I know Matt. That's why I don't mention this every time, only occasionally. It makes you wonder though, what's the point of this little blurb at the top of this forum:

Note: This is an "Off-Topic" help forum. For assistance with Band-in-a-Box and other PG Music Products, you should post on the appropriate "PG Music Product" forum.

As for not telling them (PG staff) what to do, why not? It's not an order, just a suggestion but what's wrong with a little nudge? We do that all the time around here.

If nobody's going to enforce these rules then just make this one big forum and I'm serious. Put it all into one then questions never get put into the wrong forum, nothing gets lost, nobody gets slighted so everybody's happy.

Until...

Bob

mmm2018 #461848 03/12/18 02:47 PM
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi mmm2018,

Thanks for sending the file, I was able to figure out what happened.

Regarding the first chord changing from Gm to Bb, that happened because bar 3 didn't have a chord entered, so the root chord of your song's key was entered automatically when the chord on bar 1 was deleted. If you'd entered another Bm on bar 3 before deleting bars 1 and 2, this wouldn't look so confusing. That's easy enough to fix though, by re-entering that one chord.

Regarding the rest of this song, it was pretty complicated, with 3 sets of repeats (1st/2nd endings), and you deleted 2 bars that were part of the first 1st/2nd ending. Bars 1-2 had already been copied to bars 17 and 18 and designated as a repeat, so this would have broken the first repeat. Also, since bar numbers changed throughout the entire song, the other repeats were broken.

If you go back to the Edit Repeats and Endings window and hit Edit List, you'll see that the 3 repeats are still there, but since things had been moved around, the bar numbers for all the repeats got changed to:

Repeat begins at Bar 1
1st ending begins at bar 1
1st ending lasts for 2 bars.

If you just delete those 3 repeats and re-enter them with updated bar numbers, your song should be fine. Just make sure you don't check the "Generate (insert) new bars" checkbox when you re-do them, since the repeated bars are already there.

In the future, if you've already put together a complicated song full of repeats and want to delete some bars, I'd recommend that you go into that list of repeats, delete them, delete your bars, then build the repeats again. In this case, if you're deleting bars 1 and 2, you'd also need to delete 17 and 18, so they match and can be part of a repeat again.

On my end, I'll do some more testing and submit a report to the development team, hopefully this behaviour can be improved. Maybe we can have a warning when we delete bars from a repeat, or just have the repeated bars (17 and 18) automatically get deleted, and it would be nice if the second and third sets of 1st/2nd endings had been able to adjust their parameters to match the new bar numbers.

Deleting bars after entering repeats will always be complicated and confusing though, so I'd definitely avoid doing it altogether if at all possible.

Eddie's issue looked somewhat similar, but was completely unrelated. He was using RealBand, which doesn't have repeats. We haven't figured that one out yet.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

D
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
I'm pretty sure that the lyrics would get equally screwed up if they were entered. I only use note based lyrics, and I have had similar problems when deleting bars.

As Kent mentioned, deleting the repeat data before deleting the bars is a good idea, and so is making a copy of the song. At least you have something to go back to if all else fails.

Notation has always been a bit of a problem that never seems to get resolved. But it can be 'managed' if you are careful.

BIAB for Windows Version 2019 (643)
Windows 10 (1909)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,506
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195