You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#461084 - 03/08/18 03:34 AM [User Showcase] This Girl, re-imagined for BIAB
Russell Moore Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland
Ok, so it's not strictly an 'original' (or even at all!!!) but I thought you guys might like to hear this version of the Beatles classic and made pretty much entirely with Band in a Box Real Styles and my own vocals.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzd26klyybigbaf/thisboy_rmoore.mp3?raw=1

One day I'll maybe get the urge to write something new again but for now, this keeps me playing and enjoying making music. Thanks BIAB...

#461185 - 03/08/18 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: This Girl, re-imagined for BIAB [Re: Russell Moore]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Hey Russell, I am sure this sounds super, super cool but PG Music posted this up top for legal protection--yours and theirs. Copyright infringement suits are not fun. They can take your house.

The User Showcase is an area where users of PG Music products (e.g. Band-in-a-Box or RealBand) can post links to their original song compositions, for others to listen to.

The songs must be originals, no copyrighted or "cover" songs. You must have all of the rights to the songs.

Start a new thread with each new song post - don't add new songs to an existing thread. The exception to this is if you are posting a lot of songs in a short period of time (compared to others), please post them in a single thread.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#462092 - 03/14/18 06:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Girl, re-imagined for BIAB [Re: Russell Moore]
Russell Moore Offline

Hi David, thanks for the note and the advice. I didn't think anyone would mind a cover version as an income-free 'hobby' - how else would people play anything at home or in the pub? - but perhaps you're right...

Cheers, R

#462157 - 03/14/18 02:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: This Girl, re-imagined for BIAB [Re: Russell Moore]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Well a couple of things.

In the United States:

1. They force restaurants to shut down. $40,000 fine for 4 songs.

69 Taps in Medina is hardly the first local bar or restaurant to be on the receiving end of a lawsuit from BMI or the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP), the two largest Performance Rights Organizations, or copyright collectives, in the country. Every year, bars, grills and taverns across the country find themselves ordered to pay tens of thousands of dollars to the non-profit behemoths for crimes ranging from playing Bob Dylan on a jukebox to allowing a group of amateur rockers cover John Fogerty. In August of 2011, for example, Fosters American Grille in Raleigh, North Carolina was ordered to pay BMI $30,450 for playing four songs without a license and another $10,700 in attorneys’ fees. The restaurant shuttered that same month.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bmi-reminds-ohio-bar-cover-songs-dont-come-for-free

2. I guess when the owner of a website like this says no cover songs they must have a reason and mean it or they wouldn't have put it up in the first place.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#462230 - 03/15/18 02:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Girl, re-imagined for BIAB [Re: Russell Moore]
Russell Moore Offline

Wow, draconian or what? If they tried that in Ireland the whole nation would die of thirst, lol... wink

Point taken though...

R

PG Music News
Starting Young with Band-in-a-Box®

Look at what we came across! The site https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/ posted this interview with Norway's Lido, which includes the following:

Question: How did you get into producing?

Lido: "Growing up in the mountains on the west coast of Norway there wasn’t very much to do. My dad downloaded this music making software for me on his computer, I think it was called “band in a box”. I just started making beats on there, I was about nine at the time. I didn’t realise I was producing, it felt more like a video game. It wasn’t until I got Cubase when I was 11 that I really started producing."

How great is that!?!

Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Forum Stats
27997 Members
57 Forums
54111 Topics
446409 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
gianni2007, SP3, Kevyn285, nitz, smokinhalfnote

27996 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 499
David Snyder 183