Print Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
So is anyone getting paid yet? I'm very skeptical of most of these licensing services, since I don't hear of any paying company actually using them except for musicbed. I do hear several sponsored podcasts which mention they use musicbed.

Veteran
Veteran
If you are getting licensed by the heavy hitters, irrespective of the library that got you there, there may be a non-disclosure contract. We are Crucial Music artists and we signed a contract with them and later the NDC. My guess is that if you are in a HBO film they aren’t very interested in you disclosing what you learned about the production, etc. With some libraries there are private chat channels for you to work directly with the production’s music supervisor, etc. I will say that the NDC is tight enough to keep me from ever saying a word! I had a lawyer read it before signing on. That may be why some folks don’t say much about their placements. smile

The blanket licenses are another world. Songtradr says we can expect quarterly payments for our Mood Media licenses and gave us the dates. It’s in their interest to carry through as they get a percentage. Mood Media is the world’s largest provider of overhead music with a half million customers. I anticipate they will pay. I don’t anticipate much with this type of license. But the potential exposure is huge.

FWIW,

Bud

Journeyman
Journeyman
You always give us good info Bud, Thank You for sharing!!!! and best of luck on your songs, they stand on their own!!!!

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Bob. That was nice of you to say. smile

This may be a little off topic but since I started this thread I guess I am allowed.

I am so dumbfounded by the POSSIBILITIES surrounding me I hardly have time for thinking any worrisome thoughts. I just plan on writing some kick a..... tunes and I will let the universe take care of the rest.

Now here is something that blows my mind:

I have a “matching set” of my studio software on my laptop and my PC (the main studio.)

I just did an orchestral piece on my laptop with heavy duty orchestra samples using a template that is utilizing both Miroslav Philharmonik2 (love it) and Garritan Personal Orchestra. Embedded in the tracks were mastering plugins from IK Multimedia’s new TR5 Studio Max bundle. (Mind boggling. Like almost 50 high end EQS, amps, bus compressors, and on and on.) Plus I found some cool Band in a Box Real Track stuff with awesome trance loops and stuff that will be killer for movie stuff once I add in those .wav files too.

So, I just sent myself an email and the finished work (including the BIAB file which will extrapolate the .wav audio on the other end) in template code was 256K.

256K.

I opened it up on the PC and it was like unpacking a NYC studio with 1000 pounds of hardware.

Hit play and it sounds like it is already mixed and mastered, and I don’t even need to do anything before submitting to film licensing companies. Just hit render.

The thought that I can sit under a tree in a park, produce a movie trailer score, email it to myself, open it up on my PC, hit render and upload: man, I am way too busy thinking of new chord progressions and melodies to think anything but happy, shiny, golden thoughts.

What PG Music and other companies have made available to us all is jaw dropping.

In that context it is really hard for any other thought to enter my head except what chords I am going to use next and what I am going to play on the melody line with a virtual piano or Prophet V.

smile

I am one happy camper.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
So is anyone getting paid yet? I'm very skeptical of most of these licensing services, since I don't hear of any paying company actually using them except for musicbed. I do hear several sponsored podcasts which mention they use musicbed.

I guess it depends on who you sign with and what's in the contract.

I'm getting paid.... not much. I'm not shopping for Lear Jets and private islands just yet. I have a few placements in some film and TV shows. Nothing in those deals address confidentiality. My checks come from BMI and they cash just fine at the local bank.

I would expect to see confidentiality agreements if you're working on a yet-to-be-released project that's planning to be a box office hit or from a new season on a show like The Walking Dead, for example. They don't want any details leaked beforehand. In the case of the placements I have had, heck, I didn't know it had happened until I got the check from BMI. So far, I have not worked on a project where the producer was coming back to me looking for me to make edits for him.

Regarding the placements I have had.... none of them, not one, came through a service like TAXI or Songtrader. All the cuts I have gotten were from me going out and finding them, asking if I could submit, getting s positive response and sending in some examples of my work. I've had forwards and gotten my music into some pretty prestigious libraries through the services, but nothing has come from it so far.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I'm getting paid.... not much. I'm not shopping for Lear Jets and private islands just yet. I have a few placements in some film and TV shows. Nothing in those deals address confidentiality. My checks come from BMI and they cash just fine at the local bank.

I'm following you on Songtradr, Herb, just in case you hit it big I can say I knew you. smile

Bob

Veteran
Veteran
I have 28 songs licenced on various “deals”. Some of them were licensed nearly a year ago. Still no $ in my account though. But I am expecting the millions to start coming in soon....

Encouraged by David’s recent posts I am starting to submit more to the “music wanted” section and have had quite a few short listed in the last couple of days.

I think the site is quite saturated with quality music but, hey, if you wanna win the lotto you gotta buy a ticket!

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
...... but, hey, if you wanna win the lotto you gotta buy a ticket!

I almost believe your odds of getting rich in the lotto is better than the odds of getting rich writing music, looking for that big break.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Herb,

I WAS just doing it for fun, and joy, UNTIL...

Five minutes ago I got a call from a big streaming television show that is not NETFLIX that wants me to sign a secret, exclusive 400 page document that requires a level five security clearance and I have to wear an ankle bracelet at all times, but they are going to pay for it...

Nothing but heavy, heavy hitters here, only 5 people, I can't utter their names or I will get shot but they named a guitar after one of them.

I can't say a word BUT, the new show is kind of like Even Stranger Stuff than You Saw Last Time But Ten Times Stranger and *THINGS* (OMG I might get shot now) like that, but not quite. I can't even talk to my wife about it or I have to swallow cyanide.

BUT it is HUGE man, HUGE. I can't even use the forum anymore because they are afraid I might mention some of my real tracks and then other people will copy my riffs.

Nice knowing everyone!!!!

I have to get on the helicopter now Herb.

Thanks for all the help bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman
Journeyman
HA, David you have the knack, but your captivity on the planet Ztradr will be short lived I hope. Keep your secret songs to yourself and share no molodies, rhymes or good one liners. All top secret societies go through this occasionally, remember , the grassy knoll was just a grassy knoll.

Veteran
Veteran
I have 28 songs licenced on various “deals”. Some of them were licensed nearly a year ago. Still no $ in my account though. But I am expecting the millions to start coming in soon....

Encouraged by David’s recent posts I am starting to submit more to the “music wanted” section and have had quite a few short listed in the last couple of days.

I think the site is quite saturated with quality music but, hey, if you wanna win the lotto you gotta buy a ticket!

Joanne, there is one sure way to have a million dollars playing music. Marry someone with two million dollars!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not

Regarding the placements I have had.... none of them, not one, came through a service like TAXI or Songtrader. All the cuts I have gotten were from me going out and finding them, asking if I could submit, getting s positive response and sending in some examples of my work. I've had forwards and gotten my music into some pretty prestigious libraries through the services, but nothing has come from it so far.

One of my online collaborators is one of the TAXI favorites - he's based in LA, and has been on their video chat with the main TAXI guy - forgot his name - but Steve has had placements on some fairly big TV shows. He's also incredibly prolific and wide-styled. He writes a ton of crap music. He admits this. But he also writes gems now and then, and several of those have been placed through TAXI.

However, these others that seem to pop up each week - I don't see them getting anyone placed - most of it seems to be the modern day equivalent of 'I can get your music on the radio' lies.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Joanne, there is one sure way to have a million dollars playing music. Marry someone with two million dollars!

Ha ha! Yes I am trying out that one too!

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
Veteran
Veteran
Of all the songs "forwarded", has anyone got any actual cuts through Songtradr?

Not promises, actual CUTS.

Regards,

Bob

Journeyman
Journeyman
Not yet but I got one that's been sitting in final selection for the last month that I'm hoping makes it.

If you join the Facebook group for Songtradr artists there are some success stories on there from users. Like Joanne stated it's a very saturated and competitive field. You just have to keep plugging away and hopefully something gets picked up.

Samuel Davis Jr
BIAB 2018 + Cubase + Ignite
BMI

www.sammycountry.com
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
Not yet but I got one that's been sitting in final selection for the last month that I'm hoping makes it.

If you join the Facebook group for Songtradr artists there are some success stories on there from users. Like Joanne stated it's a very saturated and competitive field. You just have to keep plugging away and hopefully something gets picked up.

That's one no. Anyone else?

Regards,

Bob

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I'm curious about this too. Anyone seen actual $$?

Veteran
Veteran
$13.98 currently reflecting in my account whoop! I have several songs in final selection lately. In general you wait about two or three months for them to come back to you after final selection.

BUT the good news is that I am building up quite a catalogue and they are often looking for the same type of music again and again. Recently they wanted circus music and on the off chance I submitted something I wrote about 6 months ago for another opp (for which it was not even short listed) and now for this opportunity ithe same track has gone to final selection.

Only one song with my vocals has gone to final selection, the rest (probably about 20 of them) have been instrumentals.

Last edited by JoanneCooper; 08/09/18 07:30 PM.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Great news Joanne, you are making money!!!, I had one make final selection, but did not get selected by the music supervisor, a--hole obviously, just joking HA, have one in the chicago blues, shorlisted. I may not get any actually used, but, its fun just to submit them and see, kind of like the dog races, or horse races. Thanks for the news, and good luck on your submissions.

Last edited by cliftond; 08/10/18 07:00 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
We had 18 songs licensed thru ST to Mood Media. FWIW, MM is the world’s largest supplier of overhead music and has 500,000 customers. First payments are due before September 30. We don’t expect much. Another six songs have been licensed for compilation albums. Don’t expect much there either. On the music wanted side (film, tv, ads,etc.) we made the finals about a dozen times and have been shortlisted 23 tines.

We also have three songs on the short feature lists under roots on ST’s public genre page. Each feature list only has about a dozen songs so we are happy to be there.

What does it all mean. Well, since we aren’t in it for the money and since we’ve never written anything for a placement what we get is some validation that some folks in library land like what we are doing - only for fun.

We are contracted artists with Crucial Music but that’s a different game.

J&B

Last edited by Janice & Bud; 08/10/18 09:50 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,577
Posts734,574
Members38,495
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tony1234, trustedmedications, MAJORKEY, Fender601, VIPBET사설토토
38,494 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193