Off-Topic
P
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
P
hello
anyone from Vegas.

im visiting Vegas in April for the viva Las Vegas rockabilly weekender.
i will be busking on Fremont and on the strip.
im aware of the rules for Fremont street but not sure on the strip.
i have the Roland cube amp and i play sax.
i was there last year but didn't really give it a good go.
any advice/tips on the best legal places to busk or any bars/pubs i may enquire to get a short notice gig

i was informed that you cant use amplification on the strip(how keen are the police on this policy?)
i know Fremont is a lottery system after 3pm(again how keen are the authorities)

another question is
if im on a hotels or bars property/terrace(the area where the main strip walkway joins the private area of an establishment) could the police stop me if i had permission from the hotel/establishment?)

thanks for any info advice and i hope its not too way off topic(its still music and i do use bb for some of my rhythm tracks hah

rebuilt styles,songs and real tracks.
win 10...amd a10 radeon r6 4c+6g 1.8ghz
64 bit hp envy
biab 2023 with 1004 build. styles 1 to 429 plus extras 1,2,3,4 and 6.
running as admin,cleaned up returned to factory settings.
paulpaul #463615 03/22/18 11:39 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
PaulPaul,

Two thoughts; have you contacted the American Federation of Musicians local union or the Chamber Of Commerce?

I don't know if it still is or not but the +++ Las Vegas Musician's Union +++ use to be a force to recon with and you did not want to incur it's wraith. If you are a member of the musician's union in your area you may be able to contact the union and they can advise you about how to avoid much of the hassle.

+++ The Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce +++ may also be able to advise; that's one of the things they like to do. It maybe a simple matter like acquiring a busker's license so the police know you're legit.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Jim Fogle #463664 03/22/18 07:21 PM
Off-Topic
P
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
P
jim
thsanks for info.

im not a pro musician i kinda just turn up in places and if i see an opportunity to busk i do it.
the permit thing is a real bind but thanks for the link.
im in the uk and our busking laws require no license as long as buskers use common sense and are not a nuisance.

i thought America had the first amendment or something that allows
the freedom of expression hah
thanks

64 bit hp envy
paulpaul #463690 03/23/18 02:13 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Do let us know how you go with your Vegas Busking Experience !

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
paulpaul #464348 03/27/18 05:47 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here you go:

https://secure3.lasvegasnevada.gov/buskerpermit/Default.aspx

Sounds like a pretty big hassle to me. This is the same procedure in Santa Monica on the Third Street Promenade during the summer. That runs about 4 or 5 full city blocks and you have to show up at City Hall early in the morning, it's first come first served. You get an assigned spot for a certain time for that day only.

Probably the one place that has more musicians and entertainers per capita than LA is Vegas, the competition has to be fierce for a spot.

Freedom of speech or expression does not allow you to trample the rights of others including businesses. If they didn't have this Freemont Street would be a complete zoo as oppossed to being merely a riot. I stayed in a hotel down there a couple years ago. As the evening goes on it was packed beyond belief, there are big stages every block with some really good bands. It's loud, noisy, crowded and fun. It's Vegas Baby!

But, still controlled.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
paulpaul #464352 03/27/18 06:30 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah.... I didn't dig into the link posted by Bob, but it does look like a PITA.

They have a huge surplus of people who think they are entertainers so they have to curtail it for the sake of the visitors.

It looks like a real hassle to do.... and, I wouldn't advise not complying with the laws, regulations and permitting process. The cops are probably pretty aware of the allotted spots, where the performers are permitted to be, who has permits issued and that are good for that day, and they ride along and see you standing where there is not supposed to be a performer, check the roster, nope, no permit issued for this place, and he has a strage accent..... next thing you know, "Book this guy"...you get a firsthand reading of your Miranda Rights, and in no time, you're on "Las Vegas Cops" TV show in the tank with the ladies of the night, drunks, and other miscreants. Heck, the TV show might actually pay you, but the fines and jail time wouldn't make it worth while. It would make for an interesting night.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Guitarhacker #464460 03/27/18 07:17 PM
Off-Topic
P
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
P
hello
thanks to all responses.
i have all the info for fremont now but any info on the strip please.
fremont is privatley owned but the strip is owned by clark county(i think)
so the rules are different.
anyway i busked on fremont last year until 3 pm ,that was ok ,i had already asked the police who were around and they told me about the lottery system,
the registration is a real bind because im coming from the uk which is why i only busked upto 3pm.
thanks for everyones time.

64 bit hp envy
paulpaul #464492 03/28/18 03:42 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Good luck! And do post some photos!

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
paulpaul #464580 03/28/18 11:06 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
jazzmammal #464581 03/28/18 11:12 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I did get a laugh when I read one of the interviewees titles. Musicians are now Sonic Laborers. Given how hard it can be to make a buck, it makes sense:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2018-03-29_08-10-31.jpg (19.68 KB, 35 downloads)

jazzmammal #464641 03/28/18 03:47 PM
Off-Topic
P
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
P
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal

thanks for that bob
i have seen a few articles regarding some of the street entertainers getting too near the bone with what they are wearing.it was these types who were causing all the fuss(not the musicians).
i see that the article was written in may 2017, i was there a month before in april,so it might be a bit more difficult, i only busked for a short while in a few different areas but didnt really give it a good go to see what reaction of authorities might be.
the only trouble i had was with the evil disgusting crooks with the shell and pea(they must be all over the world.

thanks again

64 bit hp envy
AudioTrack #464642 03/28/18 03:51 PM
Off-Topic
P
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
P
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Good luck! And do post some photos!

thanks and hopefully the photos wont include me in a britney costume,spiderman,minion or in handcuffs hah

64 bit hp envy
paulpaul #464877 03/30/18 08:49 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well, you could do what this cute young lady did on Freemont a few years ago. She pranced around nude in body paint. She probably had a tiny G string but I wasn't going to stare at her close enough to tell.

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,510
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195