Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nothing better than a great story to carry a great ballad through. I love the power that the backing vocals add. Nice work on the production.Congrats to all involved. Rob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom, Janice & Bud,

This song opens up so pretty and melodic it takes a while for the depth of the lyrics to sink in... this is a powerful and moving picture of such a devastating problem. Its an epidemic here as well and as a parent who tried a few things in my youth, the deadly potential of one choice to pop that party pill scares me.
Great vocal delivery and lovely harmonies.

Robert

User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Hi People.

Love your song.
Realistic contemporary feel.
Great lyrics and drama sympathetically presented.
Like the ghostly no no not this way.

Cheers.

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Excellent in every way.

To my ears, it's got a strong Warren Zevon vibe.

Great stuff.
Thanks David, Tom
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Wow, such a powerful song! Excellent write, you really brought the story home (it's a big problem here too)

Production of course is totally pro, and it's the little things that really stand out and make it special. The second "no, no, not this way" line for example with just Janice.

Really good guys and gal!
Dave, thank you for all your support. We appreciate the fine review, Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Ouch!

Powerful, and punchy. So close to home for America. Painful subject, but you handled it so well.

The subject matter at hand is so heart breaking for our country. Whenever I read about, and see pictures, I really want to cry.
David, it is a heartbreaking subject. Sometimes it needs to be said. I think we all share the pain. Tom
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom, Bud And Janice...

This is STUNNINGLY good.

Songwriting at its very best. Not a wasted word. Every line is excellent. Every line is important. So much said in so few words.

The production is (as always) clean, clear, concise. No fat. Stellar mix.

The vocal has the empathy required. The harmonies are exquisite.

Y'all are all pros.

Extraordinary.

fj
Thank you much. I guess they all can’t be love songs. Whenever I feel down about this music thing I can always look back at your reviews and become reenergized. Your opinion means a lot to us all, Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Wow Tom what an awesome song and vocal. Awesome write Tom, Bud and Janice and such a beautiful harmony.
I have to respond to the lyrics separately.
The lyrics were so heart wrenching. It just seems the tragedy we are subjected today just keeps getting more and more extreme each day. That fentanyl just seems so insane why anyone would want to use it. Even the people cleaning up after these overdoses are getting wacked with just trace amounts of it lying around. Sad song awesome delivery
Thank you Scott. We appreciate the kind words. Tom
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - you guys absolutely nailed this. It is so haunting, and so moving. The subject matter of this one really hits close to home for me personally. It isn't often you see this issue addressed. Topic aside - this is a brilliant write and perfectly executed. Your harmonies on the chorus gave me goosebumps. Simply beautiful, and incredibly touching.

Thanks so much for sharing this smile You guys should be very proud of this one.
Derek, we are glad it touched you. That’s what it’s all about. Thanks, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Tom, Janice & Bud,

I think that difficult themes are being expressed beautifully.
The way to use the piano and the drums is wonderful.
Vocals and harmonies also fit spectacularly this song.
It is a splendid collaboration.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Here's one for the forum hall of fame, for sure!!! Powerful and painful, brilliant and beautiful, stellar and stunning!! Easiest way to sum it up.....everything done right, nothing done wrong. My favorite for both of you, and THAT is saying A LOT!!! Love it!! Take care. Greg
Greg, that sure is a great review! Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Tom,

A great song, beautifully performed and mixed.

It comes across at first as a really nice rock ballad, until you start to pick up
on the lyrics and then it gets difficult to listen to without being moved.

A very powerful and clever piece of writing.

Cheers, ROG.
ROG, thank you for stopping by. We appreciate the kind words, Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Yep..... got to agree, this is a really poignant song about a topic that is difficult at best to write about.

Thanks Herb, Tom
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Sad and beautiful Tom! It's packed full of truth that many can relate to! As for the production .... It has the awesome sonic quality an high production level we have come to expect from you! Great work! Thanks, Torrey
Torrey I am glad you came by. Thanks, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Tom, Bud & Janice,

A heartbreaking and beautifully written song. The vocals and production are incredible - pro all the way and really drive the emotional aspects of this song home.

Well done - does not get better than this...

Bob

Thanks Bob. Janice and I were excited to play a part in this. Tom’s production carried the message so well...just the right touch.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
This is one hell of a powerful song!

These lines really moved me:

"She got that call again you know it’s happened twice
All his answers shot into a vein
Round here Dying’s just another part of life
But No No Not this way"

I think the last anti-drug song that moved me this much was John Prine's "Sam Stone".

This should be the theme song for an anti-opioid campaign.

This is a keeper for sure.

Playing a part, albeit small, in a song that you mention in the same paragraph with Sam Stone is overwhelming. Sam Stone to this day is about as strong as it gets. Thank you Mario.

J&B

User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
this is so different to what Ive heard on Showcase..such a well developed song with such haunting melody licks and vocal backing..this is a powerful song that deserves to be out there not covered by another artist but by you...brilliant

frankie allen
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Nothing better than a great story to carry a great ballad through. I love the power that the backing vocals add. Nice work on the production.Congrats to all involved. Rob
Glad you liked it, Tom
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Tom, Janice & Bud,

This song opens up so pretty and melodic it takes a while for the depth of the lyrics to sink in... this is a powerful and moving picture of such a devastating problem. Its an epidemic here as well and as a parent who tried a few things in my youth, the deadly potential of one choice to pop that party pill scares me.
Great vocal delivery and lovely harmonies.

Robert
Thank you Robert for the kind words, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Such a sad, sad thing this epidemic is. Great job on the song and the very moving production by you all.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Hits right to the heart of the matter..outstanding production, and feels "right" for the topic/lyrics.

My favorite lyric element: "But No No Not this way"

BTW...was the drum track generated with RD's?

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Excellent in every way.

To my ears, it's got a strong Warren Zevon vibe.

Great stuff.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Wow, such a powerful song! Excellent write, you really brought the story home (it's a big problem here too)

Production of course is totally pro, and it's the little things that really stand out and make it special. The second "no, no, not this way" line for example with just Janice.

Really good guys and gal!

Thanks y’all! That line was all Tom’s idea including using Janice’s harmony line solo.

Bud

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac

Hi People.

Love your song.
Realistic contemporary feel.
Great lyrics and drama sympathetically presented.
Like the ghostly no no not this way.

Cheers.
Thanks Richard, Tom
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Tom, Janice & Bud,

I think that difficult themes are being expressed beautifully.
The way to use the piano and the drums is wonderful.
Vocals and harmonies also fit spectacularly this song.
It is a splendid collaboration.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
We are surely glad you liked it, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Ouch!

Powerful, and punchy. So close to home for America. Painful subject, but you handled it so well.

The subject matter at hand is so heart breaking for our country. Whenever I read about, and see pictures, I really want to cry.

Thanks! Tom has a heckuva with with being powerful and punchy...but with relatively few words. So effective.

Bud

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom, Bud And Janice...

This is STUNNINGLY good.

Songwriting at its very best. Not a wasted word. Every line is excellent. Every line is important. So much said in so few words.

The production is (as always) clean, clear, concise. No fat. Stellar mix.

The vocal has the empathy required. The harmonies are exquisite.

Y'all are all pros.

Extraordinary.

fj

That is most kind of you mr jane. Tom is THE man on this production. As I've mentioned my contributions were relatively minor and Janice? Well what can I say w/o showing all my bias. What the heck....she nailed it all in one take. So there smile

Bud

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Tommy, Janice & Bud !

This must be one of your
absolute best tunes at least
in MHO ! Super lyrics and
vocals make the icing on this
wonderful cake !

Congrats to all involved !

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Wow Tom what an awesome song and vocal. Awesome write Tom, Bud and Janice and such a beautiful harmony.
I have to respond to the lyrics separately.
The lyrics were so heart wrenching. It just seems the tragedy we are subjected today just keeps getting more and more extreme each day. That fentanyl just seems so insane why anyone would want to use it. Even the people cleaning up after these overdoses are getting wacked with just trace amounts of it lying around. Sad song awesome delivery

Thanks Scott. It is a sad story indeed. And I get very tired of hearing folks blame nobody but the users when these drugs are frequently prescribed like candy.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - you guys absolutely nailed this. It is so haunting, and so moving. The subject matter of this one really hits close to home for me personally. It isn't often you see this issue addressed. Topic aside - this is a brilliant write and perfectly executed. Your harmonies on the chorus gave me goosebumps. Simply beautiful, and incredibly touching.

Thanks so much for sharing this smile You guys should be very proud of this one.

Thank you Deryk. We appreciate you mentioning the write and the harmony. Tom did an amazing job with the entire production.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Here's one for the forum hall of fame, for sure!!! Powerful and painful, brilliant and beautiful, stellar and stunning!! Easiest way to sum it up.....everything done right, nothing done wrong. My favorite for both of you, and THAT is saying A LOT!!! Love it!! Take care. Greg

Wow! Those are might kind words Greg...and they are greatly appreciated.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Tom,

A great song, beautifully performed and mixed.

It comes across at first as a really nice rock ballad, until you start to pick up
on the lyrics and then it gets difficult to listen to without being moved.

A very powerful and clever piece of writing.

Cheers, ROG.

ROG, thank you. We always appreciate your thoughts!

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Yep..... got to agree, this is a really poignant song about a topic that is difficult at best to write about.

Thanks Herb.

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,642
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193