Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sslechta
90dB can introduce you to a tool that will make you perfect!

Since you mentioned it.....

The Starmaker Machine

Are You the Next Big Thing in the Music Business?
Are your songs better than anything you hear on the radio?
Do your friends and family tell you that you are great?
Are you stuck in BFE, far away from New York, L.A. or Nashville?
Do you have a closet full of your music CD's that you can't even give away?
Do you have a message that the world needs to hear?
Are you a star on the internet forums?
Do you have some money?

Then, I would like to introduce you to The Starmaker Machine! We have the knowledge, experience and connections in the music industry to take your musical career to the next level!

Do you want to play packed stadiums to thousands of screaming fans?
We can make that happen!

Do you want gold records hanging on your home studio walls?
We can make that happen!

Do you want to demand only yellow M & M's on your performance rider?
We can make that happen!

Do you want your face on the cover of Rolling Stone?
We can make that happen!

Do you want to hide your vast wealth in offshore accounts while maintaining your "common man" persona?
We can make that happen!

Do you want a herd of groupies waiting for you at the stage door after your shows?

We can make that happen!

You've already tried it your way, and where are you? Still living in Mom's basement, and working at the Crazy Chicken fast food joint? Still shlepping your guitar to the open mics and posting your music on internet forums?

Stop kidding yourself!

To succeed in the music business, you need to be connected. You need the guidance of professionals who are dedicated to your career. People who can get your music to the right people. You need The Starmaker Machine!

Fact: 14,672 new CD's are released to the public every single second!
Fact: .000000012 % of these CD's will make a profit.
Fact: Most music today is pirated or downloaded for free.
Fact: Most musicians live lives of quiet desperation, ending tragically in drug addiction and suicide.

How can you overcome the daunting challenges of the music business? How can you get your music into the hands of millions of new fans? How can you get the money, prestige and women you truly desire?

By signing up for membership in The Starmaker Machine - that's how!

Success is right around the corner. You can feel it. You are the greatest thing to ever hit the music business. You know it. We know it too! With The Starmaker Machine behind you, all your dreams will come true!

What can you expect to get with your membership?

A professional demo of your song, recorded by top level studio pros!
Your own website on the Starmaker Page!
Two guest passes to The Bluebird Cafeteria in Nashville, Tn!
Two round-trip bus tickets to the Annual Starmaker Convention in Swamp Hollow, Arkansas!
Personal mentoring with Buddy Jay, award-winning songwriter of “Love's Done Got Me” and “The Blue Tick Hound Song”!!
Radio airplay on WSVJ in Wheeling, W.V.
Free membership in Broadcast Music Inc.!
Exclusive song critiques by our staff of award-winning songwriters/A & R / Producers!

Starmaker Staff:

Colonel Bob Parker, President.

Bob has scored a number of charting songs in his long illustrious career, most notably: “She Wouldn't Shut Up, So I Shot Her”, and “There's A Fly In My Beer And A Tear In My Eye” - and who could forget the timeless “Barrooms And Spitoons”?
Bob has also had a huge career on tour, opening for acts like Johnny Dolan's Rough Riders, Nancy Higgenbotham, Charlie Duncan and The Brittles! Bob also hosted a popular Radio Show on WDFR in Bugtussel, Ok.
Bob brings all his years of Music Business Business Experience to everything we do here at TSM, and through his guidance, we are growing every day!

Chet Haskins, C.E.O.
Chet is well known as a pioneer in The Music Business Business, having run a myriad of wildly successful websites catering to amateur songwriters and musicians, such as - “Wannabee.com”, “Poseur.com” and his biggest triumph - “YourSong.com”.
Chet knows all the right people, and can get your song to them!

Emongo Mobubu, Nigerian Chapter President.
Emongo is our rep in Africa. We get a TON of airplay for our clients in Africa! The royalties can be difficult to negotiate, but hey – it's airplay!

Chi Chi Monteno, Latin Music Director
Chi Chi began his music career as the Artistic Director at the BoomBoom Room in Detroit, then moved to L.A. to coordinate the 1st Annual Chicano Punk Festival in Culver City, which was headlined by none other than Juan Yuto! (“Maracas and Cucaraches”).

Why wait? Every passing day you slip further into oblivion! You want the fame – the fortune – YOU KNOW YOU DO!

1 Year Membership : $1500. USD
3 Year Membership : $6000. USD

Payable to:

Colonel Bob Parker
PO Box 2
Happy Trails Motor Court
Muckoluski, OK.

Membership Form:

Name____________________________________________
Address______________________________________
Email _______________________________________
Credit Card # ___________________________
SSN __________________________________
Bank Account Number(s) ______________________________________

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
We are straying just a tiny bit from Cochran's original video. His underlying current was "Give them a lot of stuff so they don't forget your name. Keep your name in their faces as much as possible so they don't forget your name." That is what "build your brand" is all about. That concept has been the same since we were all young aspiring musicians. Overall though, isn't that kind of insecure? Should you really be concerned that people won't remember you unless you plaster the web with your name and face?

Isn't another way of not being forgotten to create something unforgettable?

I mean, I don't really care either way. I have always been a supporting player. I was always a guy in the background who played in the band but was not featured. It was not in my cards to be a star. That doesn't mean that I don't take pride in what I do. And to that end, I am in the camp where I want things polished and as close to perfect as my skills will let me get it.

I posted that song Groundhog Day about 6 weeks ago. I played lead sax on it. Had someone at the skill level of Notes done the lead sax, I am sure it would have been better. But that was MY perfect. His perfect is a different perfect. So in line with the general tone of many responses, until someone can define perfect, it's still all subjective.

To the topic of that video that started this discussion, as far as people remembering me, I have a fairly long list of people I wish WOULD forget about me! grin

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
It would be funnier, 90Db, if it weren't so true.

Last edited by edshaw; 03/28/18 09:18 AM.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Yes, Cochran's video was about keeping the market saturated along with an "it'll be right, just get it out there" approach.

Incidentally, my definition of 'perfect' in this context is simply "the best that you can do".

One item that I was most concerned about was Cochran's video title: "The new rules of the music industry". He talks as though he now has the authority to makes the rules. What??!! I think he takes a liberty there. What consultation process took place? It's just one person's view, nothing more.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Perfection

It is the sound of utter silence.

Everyone has stopped playing.

All the instruments have been taken out because one was too many and no one was good enough.

So the music stopped. Everyone threw away their BIAB hard drives and gave up.

Pure pristine silence. Nothing out of key. Just pure beautiful nihilistic nothingness and a humming in the head.

Then, wait, the sound of Katy Perry coming from the arena 10 miles down the road.

...... it. Oops, I mean forget it. (Typo. Fingers slipped.)

Plugging back in.

PERFECTION.

Aaaaaaaahhh.

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Here's a specific podcast episode from Seth Godin (who knows a few things about hit books and software), that talks about the fallacy of the pursuit of creating a hit.

Hopefully the link I put here will take you to the podcast episode called 'Hitsville'.

It's highly related to the topic of discussion here, but never mentions music; instead it looks at the long tail phenomenon of all kinds of hits and how the game has changed due to the internet.

<iframe src="https://art19.com/shows/akimbo/episodes/50b4de50-dcac-4b9e-898f-ebabbca7fbe3/embed?theme=light-gray-orange" style="width: 100%; height: 200px; border: 0 none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Anybody that can convert this link to BB code, feel free!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Here's a specific podcast episode from Seth Godin (who knows a few things about hit books and software), that talks about the fallacy of the pursuit of creating a hit.

Hopefully the link I put here will take you to the podcast episode called 'Hitsville'.

It's highly related to the topic of discussion here, but never mentions music; instead it looks at the long tail phenomenon of all kinds of hits and how the game has changed due to the internet.

<iframe src="https://art19.com/shows/akimbo/episodes/50b4de50-dcac-4b9e-898f-ebabbca7fbe3/embed?theme=light-gray-orange" style="width: 100%; height: 200px; border: 0 none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Anybody that can convert this link to BB code, feel free!

+++ Hitsville Episode +++

Done! smile

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Isn't another way of not being forgotten to create something unforgettable?

But that's not the market that he's talking about.

He's talking about a breed of consumer that's bored, and is always seeking something new. So first and foremost, he suggests creating brand loyalty to you, the content provider. Not as a songwriter, or as a musician, but as someone who creates something to satiate the consumer's boredom. And preferably, that content is free and updated on a regular basis, so the consumer keeps coming back.

Then, when the branded content provider has something to sell, the consumer will purchase it out of loyalty to the brand. What that thing we're monetizing is actually secondary, so it could be an album or a brand of toilet paper.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I think the definition of “not perfect” would be when you are telling yourself “it would be better if I...used a better microphone...had a better camera...could tune my vocals... went into a recording studio... had better rhymes... etc etc

Last edited by JoanneCooper; 03/28/18 08:43 PM.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
For creative folk nothing can ever be "perfect". There will always be something that niggles the creator as he/she develops. The rest of the world might consider it perfect. Perfect, like most adjectives defies definition, everyone has his/her own definition.

Chris
Off-Topic
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C
I don't agree, but I do it anyway. I'm probably never ever going to "finish" a song, so I release them anyway.I'm not the perfection type, so I just do what I can and hope for the best.

I get his point because I got better ranking and views when I constantly posted crappy songs online, then when I slowed down I lost the #1 spot and ended up near the 20th position.

Not every song can be a hit, but if another musician hears my tune and comes up with an idea, then my job is complete.

Windows 10 build 16299
2018 Ultra
Intel i5-3550 @ 3.3GHz
p8z77-v pro
RAM: 32GB
Roland V-Studio 100
Alesis VX49

https://soundcloud.com/dirtbom/
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
I think the definition of “not perfect” would be when you are telling yourself “it would be better if I...used a better microphone...had a better camera...could tune my vocals... went into a recording studio... had better rhymes... etc etc

Hi Joanne, I don't think that is the definition of "not perfect". I think that is the definition of "misconception". I know, been there done that grin

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper

For me, that defines "delusional". Tune my vocals, go to a studio, buy better stuff.... when music is just a retirement hobby now? It would be delusional for me to even consider that at approaching 67 NOW is the time someone is going to discover me. But that lends itself to my general outlook on this thread. The people in Cochran's primary target audience are young and still have the gleam in their eye that they will be the next Beatles. I'm just an old guy who is thankful to be on the green side of the sod. grin

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
There's some really good points in this thread. I simultaneously agree and disagree with the original video posted. I do think you should strive to release music with high quality, but quantity of releases - ESPECIALLY early in a career - can be crucial.

The way I look at it - if you release a lot of content early on, you are going to catch attention. If you release say 15 songs in a 2 month span and enough people hear it, it's almost guaranteed that each song will appeal to someone. It's just a matter of having it reach out to enough people. Whereas if you release one song every 2 months because you need it to be absolutely perfect, it might not garner enough attention.

Just some food for thought smile

Cheers,
Deryk
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I would like to run a scientific experiment where we put everyone with a really bleak, negative outlook ("Just give up now and throw your band in a box away, you're too old and fat and everyone hates you") on massive doses of anti-depressants and then see after a two month period if they suddenly think they have just miraculously written 25 wonderful and extraordinary songs that the world just has to hear now--no matter what.

If PG music will underwrite this groundbreaking study, I will do a t-test on the back of a cocktail napkin in 3 minutes and I'm gonna bet the farm on brighter future outlook for songwriting and a massive sign up on SongTradr of, hmmm, I'll say 30,000 to be conservative, in a two hour period.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
massive doses of anti-depressants

You have any, Dr. Dave? I've been working on the placebo effects of Tic Tacs for years now.....

(You are going to like the new song I have in progress... One of those happy surprises that go from passing thought to song in a day. This is the one that I was laying in bed dictating the lyrics for into my cell phone this morning.)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie!!

I want credit for that study!!

Ha ha ha ha ha!!

BTW, my wife likes to tell people at dinner parties that I am an "Auto Tic Tac."

It somehow came out of a conversation about being an autodidact. Don't ask me how.

But now I know you are the only person in the world who gets me Eddie. The only one.

That's ok. One is better than none.

Can't wait to hear the new song. Sounds like a case of Tic Tacs was consumed there buddy.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
This here might be about as close to perfect as we'll see in this life:
https://youtu.be/XafcAAPhuU0
A lot of busking, determination. Now we hear Willie has moved on to other things.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195