Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#465788 - 04/06/18 10:24 AM [User Showcase] First Light ( with ScottC)
Robertkc Online   content
Expert

First Light

Another Scott/Robert rocker resurrected from the Canadian permafrost.

Style is _BARSPGW.STY (Baritone Guitar Spaghetti Western)

RealTracks in style: 11190Bass, ModernRock
RealTracks in style: ~364:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 065
RealTracks in style: ~368:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 065
RealTracks in style: 2446:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Background Spaghetti Western 065
RealDrums in style: BluesRock
UrbanPopEV8Requiem
RT1543 SynthPadPop Believe
Vocal OOhs/AAhs
RattlesnakeLoop

Scott`s guitar gear:

Gibson Les Paul R9 for solo

Gretsch Duojet for the low melody

Amp Vox AC15H1TV

Delay Flashback X4

Overdrive Radial Texas Bones

Compression Boss CS-2

First Light

stone eyes in ancient pictures
down corridors of doubt
I wander a stranger
in an old abandoned house
you say birds are singing
praising the end of war
I hear ghosts slam shutters
I hear dogs at the door

reach for me reach for me
from the scarce side of mercy
angels come angels come
to my asylum
first light first light first light

through fields I live beside
could not touch or see
a quiet storm is coming
by broken doors revealed
a worn out man in the mirror
shadows slinking at the gate
there`s soul kindling
in your hair and on your face

reach for me reach for me
angels come angels come
to my asylum
first light first light first light

© Robert Cordrey Feb.2018

#465792 - 04/06/18 11:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - what a tune! I'm getting a Built To Spill kind of vibe on this one. Very reminiscent of 90's indie rock. Your vocal delivery was seriously on point, and I loved the lyrics too. They are very unique, and almost poetic.

Great job, and thanks for sharing smile

#465794 - 04/06/18 12:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Yeah, I love this!

Good writing, and one of your best vocals. Scott sounds great, and I like the mix too, good headphone listen.

You two always seem to bring out the best in each other, I always enjoy listening to your collaborations.

Well done!

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Latest song: Right on Time

#465804 - 04/06/18 01:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
cliftond Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Alabama
yes, just a top notch song love the beat feel vocals and that guitar!!!super song!!!

#465812 - 04/06/18 01:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Robert and Scott,

You've certainly brought out the very best in one another.

Scott
Your guitar work sounds incredibly polished (as always). What really appealed to me was how it stood out in contrast to the baritone guitar. When your playing first entered, the very first thought that came to my mind was "that sounds SO good... such great instrumental contrast".

Robert
I've never heard you sing better. The production sizzles with competence and your vocals sit strong and confident against such an inspired arrangement. The melody, lyrics, arrangement and production all work hand-in-hand to deliver a superb listen through my headphones.

This is definitely A+ teamwork!

All the best,
Noel

#465857 - 04/06/18 10:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Robert and Scott

What kind of genre does it belong to?
As Deryk said, very reminiscent of 90's indie rock?
The originality is too amazing anyhow.
I entirely agree with Noel.
The production sizzles with competence and your vocals sit strong and confident against such an inspired arrangement.
Scott's guitar work also sounds incredibly polished.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#465868 - 04/07/18 12:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Scott & Robert

That was very nice indeed. Lovely guitar solo Scott, with excellent atmospheric playing throughout.
Robert as noted really nice work on the vocal, and another one of your poetic lyrics - has a bit of a progressive rock sound.
Great work from both of you.

Peter

#465898 - 04/07/18 06:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Robert & Scott,

This is great! Very cool song and vocal - excellent guitar and mix as well.

I could hear Robert Plant doing this one...

Bob

#465907 - 04/07/18 08:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
What an excellent write.

The lyrics have been masterfully created.

Your team work collaboration has been highly successful.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#465909 - 04/07/18 08:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
"reach for me reach for me
angels come angels come
to my asylum
first light first light first light"

That is terrific writing...as is always anticipated and fulfilled ..

The fine vocal and superb guitar are all nicely accented by the RT choice and excellent overall production.

We would say more...but just read Noel's post again. He nailed everything so well that there's little left to say other than how much we are enjoying it.

We've just listened through four times. And look forward to more. Wow!

J&B

PS Janice said “Manassas meets Jefferson Airplane.” smile

Edited by Janice & Bud (04/07/18 09:50 AM)
J&B Website

#465925 - 04/07/18 10:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: BlueAttitude]
Expert

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - what a tune! I'm getting a Built To Spill kind of vibe on this one. Very reminiscent of 90's indie rock. Your vocal delivery was seriously on point, and I loved the lyrics too. They are very unique, and almost poetic.

Great job, and thanks for sharing smile

Deryk,
You won`t be surprised to know that I missed 90`s indie rock... but will checkout the song you mentioned.
I appreciate your kind comments- vocal was a bit of a stretch for me so glad it sounds good.

Robert

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yeah, I love this!

Good writing, and one of your best vocals. Scott sounds great, and I like the mix too, good headphone listen.

You two always seem to bring out the best in each other, I always enjoy listening to your collaborations.

Well done!

Dave,
I had a so-so feeling about this song until I heard where Scott took it - his intro going somewhere much cooler than I`d imagined.
I`m glad you liked the mix as it was also very collaborative.
Thanks for all your supportive comments on our work!

Robert

#465930 - 04/07/18 12:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Very solid groove to this, I really enjoy the progression and instrumentation. Good vocals too! Thanks for sharing this with us Robertkc!

#465959 - 04/07/18 02:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Robert,

Your inspiration truly never seems to run out. Yet another example of creativity combined with a surreal atmosphere and great vocals.
Scott's addition, once again, is a true asset.

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#465999 - 04/07/18 04:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Robert/Scott, what a great effort from you guys! Wonderful lyrics and awesome chord changes abound! Scott you did some very nice work in this and I also caught some of the little subtle things going on low in the mix that really enhanced this one! Thanks, Torrey

#466023 - 04/07/18 08:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Robert & Scott,

A big WOW to you both!

This is a great listen. Start to finish. It grabs ya from te get-go and never lets go.

Terrific write - both lyric and melody. Super vocal, Robert.

Excellent arrangement and mix. Solid!

SUPER lead, Scott - terrific tone.

Loved it.

fj

#466041 - 04/08/18 05:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
The mix sounds fantastic in headphones. The lyrics are poetry in motion. A great vocal and some brilliant guitar work. Overall=an A+rating! A superb listen. Well done, Tom

#466086 - 04/08/18 10:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: PeterF]
Expert

Originally Posted By: cliftond
yes, just a top notch song love the beat feel vocals and that guitar!!!super song!!!

Thank you!

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Robert and Scott,

You've certainly brought out the very best in one another.

Scott
Your guitar work sounds incredibly polished (as always). What really appealed to me was how it stood out in contrast to the baritone guitar. When your playing first entered, the very first thought that came to my mind was "that sounds SO good... such great instrumental contrast".

Robert
I've never heard you sing better. The production sizzles with competence and your vocals sit strong and confident against such an inspired arrangement. The melody, lyrics, arrangement and production all work hand-in-hand to deliver a superb listen through my headphones.

This is definitely A+ teamwork!

All the best,
Noel

Noel,
I left it up to Scott to mix/match his tracks with the baritone and other BiaB guitars- I agree he blended them nicely!
After Scott had added his guitar I had to redo some vocal parts to try and match the "attitude" he brought- really pleased that you liked the vocals.
Many thanks for such a positive review!

Robert

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Robert and Scott

What kind of genre does it belong to?
As Deryk said, very reminiscent of 90's indie rock?
The originality is too amazing anyhow.
I entirely agree with Noel.
The production sizzles with competence and your vocals sit strong and confident against such an inspired arrangement.
Scott's guitar work also sounds incredibly polished.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki,
Its nice to hear you found this original-thank you for all your kind comments!

Robert

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Scott & Robert

That was very nice indeed. Lovely guitar solo Scott, with excellent atmospheric playing throughout.
Robert as noted really nice work on the vocal, and another one of your poetic lyrics - has a bit of a progressive rock sound.
Great work from both of you.

Peter

Thank you for your listen and comments Peter!
I think its Scott`s guitar that really brought out the drama of the song.

Robert

#466107 - 04/08/18 12:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

Robert, the imagery in your lyrics is Awesome. Reminds me of the Doors. Between you and Scotts always great guitar work this one stands out in front.

#466155 - 04/08/18 02:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
You two should be very proud of this one. This reminded me of Steve Miller.

I like everything about this and I believe this is your best to date. Super guitar leads!

This is a keeper.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#466190 - 04/08/18 07:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: First Light ( with ScottC) [Re: Robertkc]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Super psychedelic rock ballad guitar sound, cool lyrics, spot on vocal and mix. Great collab guys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Build 520 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 for Windows users can download the latest free patch update, Build 250, here.

Summary of changes for Build 520 since 519 (July 17 2018):
Added: Save As style feature has support for MIDI velocity changes if volumes aren’t 90 on mixer when saved.
Added: Support for MIDI velocity changes in styles. Use the Misc-More dialog in StyleMaker to set velocity changes in MIDI styles.
Fixed: [Style Memos etc] button was not visible in the Style Editor -> Misc dialog.
Fixed: Bar lines would not display properly in the Audio Edit window if launching through the menu item "Audio Chord Wizard (Audio Edit)".
Fixed: Hitting the Return key while in the Audio Edit window might trigger Loop Screen mode.
Updated: PDF Manual and Help.

User Blog - Recording and Processing Vocals Using RealBand...

Joanne Cooper's latest blog post is a "start to finish" of how she records and processes vocals for her songs using her three "go-to" programs: RealBand, Melodyne, and Nectar from Izotope (with a little help from Band-in-a-Box...)!

Check out this blog post here.

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Save Notation Window as a Video with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Did you know... Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac allows you to save the Notation Window as a video? What a great way to share your songs with users, and LEARN from the notation as you listen!

From the program manual:
[Save As] | Save as video
-In the Make Notation Video dialog, select a track at the upper left corner. (Note: The dialog title says “Make Chord Sheet Video” until you select a track.)
-You can also set the dimension (width/height) of the video and select the number of frames per second and a specific codec.
-Press the [OK - Render Video] button to start rendering the video. When the video has been created, press the [Show Video File] button.
-You can then double click on the file to watch the rendered video.

Note: A special use of this feature is to combine a Video RealTracks (new with version 2018) with the corresponding notation in a single video. This creates an educational video, which shows the actual performance with notation/tab, playing over your chord progression! To do this, right-click on the Master button or one of the track buttons at the top of the main screen and select Render Video(s) from the menu.

Forum Stats
27719 Members
50 Forums
52610 Topics
436065 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Hcarry51, sosa, LaurieS, jigelaz, gerry logan

27718 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 165
Al-David 148