You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#466704 - 04/11/18 09:18 AM [User Showcase] Stand By Thee - Whole album created with BB and RB
Antho1965 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ottawa
In the summer of 2016 I created this whole album using BB and RB for ALL the instrumentation. I did all the lead vocals and many of the back ground ones plus I had some vocal help from a friend on a couple of tracks.

Unfortunately I did NOT note what I used on any of the tracks as I was under a severe time crunch.

I had 6 weeks to put together this album before hitting the road going east to Nova Scotia...

I will try to go back and make a note of what was used and where as I know that is something that many users are interested in.

But in the meantime have a listen to this album and let me know what you think...

http://tonytrue.bandcamp.com/album/stand-by-thee-2

Thanks

Tony True

#466740 - 04/11/18 12:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Stand By Thee - Whole album created with BB and RB [Re: Antho1965]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Tony,

This sounds great. Great job! By the way, I had a chance to meet one of the guys who wrote Three Wooden Crosses. You really did a super job with it.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#466774 - 04/11/18 02:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Stand By Thee - Whole album created with BB and RB [Re: Antho1965]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Tony,

A really nice collection. All the songs are very well done.

I listened to "Three Wooden Crosses" and then parts of most of the others. The productions and mixes are all quite nice.

Your vocals are terrific. I'd be interested in your recording/processing chain for vocals - they are very much "in the pocket".

Impressive. Good luck with the record!

floyd

#466803 - 04/11/18 04:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Stand By Thee - Whole album created with BB and RB [Re: Antho1965]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
You done some excellent songs. Awesome vocals. Super album

#466823 - 04/11/18 08:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Stand By Thee - Whole album created with BB and RB [Re: Antho1965]
Westside Steve Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Shores of Lake Erie
That sounds great. Not only the music with the sentiment
WSS

#466831 - 04/12/18 12:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Stand By Thee - Whole album created with BB and RB [Re: Antho1965]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Tony,

This sounds really great. Your vocals are outstanding, and the arrangements and mixes of the tracks I've listened to are excellent. You certainly know what you're doing in this arena!

All the best,
Noel

#466860 - 04/12/18 06:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Stand By Thee - Whole album created with BB and RB [Re: Antho1965]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

I'm excited to listen to this! For the time being, I listened to track that is suggested when you first open the link - Three Wooden Crosses. There's nothing like some nice, relaxing gospel. The vocals are on point, and I loved the addition of the harmonies in the background. It's perfectly catchy as well - exactly the kind of tune that is really easy to groove to and sing along with.

I'm stoked to listen to the rest! Thanks for sharing smile

#466865 - 04/12/18 07:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Stand By Thee - Whole album created with BB and RB [Re: Antho1965]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Well done. Good luck with the CD release.

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#467046 - 04/13/18 04:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Stand By Thee - Whole album created with BB and RB [Re: Antho1965]
rayc Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Nice job all around.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels - http://therecordingrebels.com/index.php

#467050 - 04/13/18 06:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Stand By Thee - Whole album created with BB and RB [Re: Antho1965]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
What a great album. Wishing you great success with it.

"Unfortunately I did NOT note what I used on any of the tracks as I was under a severe time crunch."

You obviously do not need help with mixing, your work is excellent. But I will share a tip with you (and others) of a 'how to book' by Fett titled "Fett's Mixing Roadmap" published in 2013.

Fett outlines and explains his 7 steps to mixing music in the studio. He refers to them as phases.

Phase One is step by step instructions to his Environment Setup.

It is his data organization, drive and folder structure on his computer. It's how,why and where he saves his projects. I've never seen a better template for archiving recording material and in my opinion, that chapter alone is worth the modest cost of his book.

I recommend the book and think you and others will find his method of data organization and storage very beneficial in your future projects.

I found the whole book to be informative and contains a lot of useful instructions and techniques. The book is directed toward the home and project studio owner, so many here on the forum may benefit from it.

I have no affiliation or involvement with Fett or his business. I simply find his book to be useful to people who enjoy and utilize home studios. His data organization is a good example and came to mind as I read the posters comments.

#467538 - 04/16/18 02:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Stand By Thee - Whole album created with BB and RB [Re: Antho1965]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Sampled through this a bit. Cool stuff!! You're a very good singer. Nice job! Take care. Greg

#468195 - 04/20/18 10:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Stand By Thee - Whole album created with BB and RB [Re: Antho1965]
Antho1965 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ottawa
Thank you all for the wonderful comments back, I'm really taken aback by the positive feedback.

I'll try to get to add those track IDs asap...

Thanks again.

PG Music News
Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Save Notation Window as a Video with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Did you know... Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac allows you to save the Notation Window as a video? What a great way to share your songs with users, and LEARN from the notation as you listen!

From the program manual:
[Save As] | Save as video
-In the Make Notation Video dialog, select a track at the upper left corner. (Note: The dialog title says “Make Chord Sheet Video” until you select a track.)
-You can also set the dimension (width/height) of the video and select the number of frames per second and a specific codec.
-Press the [OK - Render Video] button to start rendering the video. When the video has been created, press the [Show Video File] button.
-You can then double click on the file to watch the rendered video.

Note: A special use of this feature is to combine a Video RealTracks (new with version 2018) with the corresponding notation in a single video. This creates an educational video, which shows the actual performance with notation/tab, playing over your chord progression! To do this, right-click on the Master button or one of the track buttons at the top of the main screen and select Render Video(s) from the menu.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Resource - Individual New Features Videos

The release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac added 50+ new features and enhancements, Video RealTracks, 202 new RealTracks, and more!

Here is a summary of the videos created to highlight the new additions and features:
(click on the title to play the video)
-Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes!
-Complete New Features Video
-2018 Audio Chord Wizard
-Piano Roll Window
-Vocal Ooh & Aahs
-Audio Harmonies
-Video RealTracks
-202 NEW RealTracks
-40 Bonus RealTracks in the 2018 49-PAK

Summer NAMM 2018 Shout Out!

We were just down in Nashville for the 2018 Summer NAMM show. We were especially excited to attend this trade show as we've had a number or musicians record RealTracks for us in Nashville, and we hoped to meet them in person!

Click here to see everyone who stopped by!

From left to right:

RealTracks Producer Mike Harrison, PG Music's own Tobin Frank, and RealTracks Artist Wanda Vick
RealTracks Artist Eddy Dunlap & Tobin
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Brent Mason
RealTracks Artists Dave Cleveland and Darin Favorite with Mike and Tobin
Tobin with Brent Mason, Mike Harris, and Darin Favorite
Mike & RealTracks Artist Jelly Roll Johnson
Tobin & RealTracks Artist Jason Roller
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Tony King
Band-in-a-Box Endorser Bobby Cochran with Tobin & Mike

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. It was so great to meet everyone!!

Forum Stats
27716 Members
50 Forums
52592 Topics
435893 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jigelaz, gerry logan, jack homburg, perljazz, dreamoutlaw

27715 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 155
Noel96 153