Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
PG Music Staff
OP Online Happy
PG Music Staff
Some of the recent comments we've heard from program users JUST LIKE YOU!

Great program with lots of support through the publisher and after-market. Use it for teaching, practicing, and gigging.
-Andrew L.

I just got my 6th film placement on a song recorded entirely in Band-in-a-Box. You guys rock!
-Terry Fernihough (Band-in-a-Box Endorsing Artist!)

I love this program. I have only had it for around a month but it has made things a lot easier for me. I no longer have to scour the internet for backing tracks. I just plug in the chords I want to use, find the style I want and done. Saving me so much time and being able to transpose into different keys is awesome too.
As the days go on I will be delving deeper into what it can do, importing some of my backing tracks into Abelton 9 to play with and writing some songs.
Best money I have spent on something in while.
-Peter S.

I started using Band-in-a-Box around 1990. It was the DOS version naturally and I used one of those old portable computers with dual floppy drives and a built in 9" monochrome display. I connected midi cables to a great sounding Yamaha keyboard and played my music using midi tracks. I did a demo for a university music class that was a lot of fun. Wow, it is almost unimaginable to see where this product has elevated to today. I have upgraded many times over the past 28 years but each time I am even more amazed. Thank you PG Music for being such a major part of my love for music all of these years!!!
-Dwayne G.

Incredible Software. Great for ignorance and experts and for anyone who wants to deal with music. If you do not have a hobby and want to have one "band in a box" is the best choice. Simple, but if you want to be an expert on it, you need to make an effort to master it perfectly for perfect use. The only disadvantage is if you do not want to become a musician, and use it, you will become a perfect musician. Therefore, be cautious. It's not a toy.
-Ilija B.
Note: I love this one - made me actually "LOL"

I’ve been using it for about the same time (20 years). I’m a trumpet player and just really want some backing on lead sheets. With the Real Styles - it sounds fantastic! Takes just minutes to input chord changes and find the right style. There is so much you can do and I love having the Soloist features to really add color.
-Mike B.

I have the Band-in-a-Box UltraPAK and have made many music track that are comparable to Nashville Studios and I am ecstatic!!
-Ronnie F.

I bought Band-in-a-Box 2018. Started the program left the default C chord where it was selected a style hit play and I had a rather high quality track i could play to..... all without reading a manual. Now obviously there is a world of discovery with this program to really dig deep into but it is definitely a keeper when it comes to music software!
-Darren W.

Very cool software, indeed... and it's up and running on my studio computer all the time. I use Band-in-a-Box to whip up quick theme tunes ...on a regular basis, and have even produced an entire original-music CD project with Band-in-a-Box cranking out all the instrument tracks not long ago, which has been very well-received by my client's audience.
-Jeff F.

T H I S . I S . G R E A T !!!
Three decades ago I was playing gigs in an Italian restaurant in Virginia Beach as a "one-man-band" using Band-in-a-Box tracks recorded to cassette tape and played back through guitar amplifiers.
I am duly impressed on how much this computer program has improved over the years...
-Rick B.

I love this program. It allows me to create a preliminary version of a song as I write it. I even used it for my basic tracks where i then recorded guitar and vocals on top and released it in record time for Christmas 2017. Great program. I give it 5 stars out of 5.
-Jack S.

I love Band-in-a-Box. Satisfies my antisocial nature. Someday I might actually play with real musicians.
Cal B.

This sounds Great! I have been wondering how Band-in-a-Box was going to compete with the other digital stuff but this sounds like it gives a real vibe! I'll spread the word to my students!
-Jim J.

Callie
Marketing Representative
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
Callie,

The fabulous SUPPORT TEAM often goes unsung. It is the best support crew that I've ever had the pleasure of working with, bar none.

You and your customer support people add something special to PG Music software.

Thanks for all that you do for us.

Expert
Expert
Totally agree: i guess there's no software that does what BIAB/Realband can do. And we'll keep nagging PG so that they keep on trying to fly higher and higher .... and fix some quirks (and bugs) on the way up too, F.

Expert
Expert
Without Band in a Box, I’m afraid that my deep interest in music, and specifically, songwriting, would remain locked inside of me. Since I’m not a performer, and not connected with a community of musicians, I’m not able to “realize” my compositions on my own. I started using BIAB in the 90’s, when it came as a set of small diskettes. This amazing software has been my band and orchestra for over 20 years now, and, it has been, and still is, my indispensable tool that lets me get my musical concept “out”, making what was imagined something real. I would have to say that this technology has been so impactful in my creative life—I can’t “imagine” how frustrated and unfulfilled I would be as a songwriter without it. Over the years, it’s gotten better and better, especially the “real” players..they are awesome. Thanks for enabling me in this most meaningful aspect of my life!

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Without Band in a Box, I’m afraid that my deep interest in music, and specifically, songwriting, would remain locked inside of me. Since I’m not a performer, and not connected with a community of musicians, I’m not able to “realize” my compositions on my own. I started using BIAB in the 90’s, when it came as a set of small diskettes. This amazing software has been my band and orchestra for over 20 years now, and, it has been, and still is, my indispensable tool that lets me get my musical concept “out”, making what was imagined something real. I would have to say that this technology has been so impactful in my creative life—I can’t “imagine” how frustrated and unfulfilled I would be as a songwriter without it. Over the years, it’s gotten better and better, especially the “real” players..they are awesome. Thanks for enabling me in this most meaningful aspect of my life!

Beautifully said, my friend.

My story is very similar.

A severe stroke left me paralyzed and mute. As a singer-guitarist I was devestated and sidelined for years until I discovered BIAB.

Apprentice
Apprentice
Don,

Your residence in Oklahoma caught my attention years ago because I, too, live in Oklahoma (in Jenks, just across the river from Tulsa). We have communicated once before, I think.

I don't remember knowing that you had a stroke. That caught my attention because I also had one in November, 2016 that affected my right side and my speech, so I know some of what you have experienced and some of how you have felt, although my stroke seems to have been less severe. I can understand how BIAB has become your outlet and primary tool for musical expression. Hang in there, brother, and don't give up! It can get better...

After my stroke, I was unable to play guitar or type on the computer (with both hands) for 3 months and then, with therapy, it started coming back, little by little. I can now play about 80% as well as I did before the stroke and I'm typing with both hands again. For several years now, my playing and singing has been in a praise and worship setting at the fellowship where I am both the music leader and teacher; I play guitar and sing some, my wife sings wonderfully, and BIAB is our band, played through a Bose system as loud as they'll let me turn it up (I'm an old rocker that later got into jazz and country). My speech and singing was affected more than my hand and arm; even though I could speak (with difficulty and some slurring), my singing has been more severely impaired. And over the last few months, both my speech and singing have unexpectedly gotten gradually worse while my hand and arm continue to improve. I have started going to my speech therapy again and I'm going to see a neurologist for the first time this Friday. And I have a lot of folks praying for me, as I'm sure you do as well.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to hear more about your life and situation; if you don't feel comfortable talking about it on the forum, please feel free to send me a PM. I want to encourage you and let you that people care about you...I'm sure many in our BIAB community feel the same way. There are many regular contributors whose words and communication style indicate kind, loving hearts, and I am grateful for them.

Jim King

Jim
Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

BIAB 2018 build 519; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz
Expert
Expert
As well as great sounds, ease of use, flexibilty, another thing that makes Band In A Box so good is the forums. This to me is all a part of the product and what makes it so great and fun. I have looked at forums for other products but none are as helpful nor entertaining as the PG forums.

My thoughts

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,439
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195