Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#468837 04/24/18 11:24 AM
User Showcase
furry Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi folks been ages since I've been able to compose anything. Wife still recovering after a 3 week stay in hospital with double pneumonia. Here's an old tune of mine that won me a local tune competition 9 years ago.
It's called the far away hills and the only real tracks used are

RealTracks in song: ~980:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryWaltzCleanA-B Sw 085
:PopWaltz: a: Brushes b: Sidestick, Ride
'b' substyle patches :1 Standard Drum Kit

Have been asked to compose a couple of tunes recently so I might get some inspiration from comments
grin

The Far Away Hills

furry #468860 04/24/18 11:49 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Graham hope all is well soon. Another great melodic tune. Very pretty. Nice to see you around. Rob

furry #468899 04/24/18 12:51 PM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I am so glad to hear your wife is recovering! I hope she returns to full strength soon.

I really loved this song. It definitely created the image of far off lands in my mind.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Ember
furry #468901 04/24/18 12:53 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Graham

Very pretty evocative tune. Hope your wife gets well soon.

Peter

furry #468934 04/24/18 02:14 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Graham,
I liked the way the accordion tracks harmonised, and, of course, the traditional lilt to the melody.Lovely tune.
Wishing you and your wife easier days ahead!

Robert

furry #468941 04/24/18 02:24 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Lovely track in all respects... I'm glad you posted it on YouTube.. it allowed me to visualize your localities that inspire you. I really liked the bridge area where I think you did a slight modulation into a different key.

My only suggestion would be that the drum track sounded a little bit too Oom-pa-pa-ish for the gentleness of your track maybe there's another more subtle Waltz drum beat that could be used. I'm glad I listened to your work and I'm looking forward to hearing more

furry #468943 04/24/18 02:26 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Graham, beautiful tune and great musicianship! Loved the way you handled the transition between different parts of the song! Your video used has me looking forward to my trip to your lovely country this summer! Thanks, Torrey

furry #469003 04/24/18 04:28 PM
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Furry,

This is a really pretty song (and nice job on the video). Could see this on the soundtrack of a movie—you know the really sad, but heartwarming part of the flick, when even us guys start to tear up a little. smile Well done!

And, hey, I hope your wife is recovering well—my kind regards to the both of you.

Deej

Rob4580 #469064 04/25/18 12:30 AM
User Showcase
furry Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Hi Graham hope all is well soon. Another great melodic tune. Very pretty. Nice to see you around. Rob

Thanks Rob, I think the break did her the world of good, the staff in our hospital are amazing.

User Showcase
furry Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I am so glad to hear your wife is recovering! I hope she returns to full strength soon.

I really loved this song. It definitely created the image of far off lands in my mind.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Ember, when she's fully recovered, I'll know I'll get regular ear bashing LOL

furry #469095 04/25/18 03:22 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Wow - this is stunning, Graham smile I have no doubt that this won a music competition. This tune is so serene and beautiful. It practically transported me to the Scotland hills.

Very well done - thanks so much for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
PeterF #469249 04/25/18 12:12 PM
User Showcase
furry Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Graham

Very pretty evocative tune. Hope your wife gets well soon.

Peter

Thanks a million Peter

Robertkc #469417 04/26/18 05:48 AM
User Showcase
furry Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Graham,
I liked the way the accordion tracks harmonised, and, of course, the traditional lilt to the melody.Lovely tune.
Wishing you and your wife easier days ahead!

Robert

Hi Robert, thanks for the comment & wishes.
Need to dig out my older stuff and give it new life with biab

furry #469550 04/26/18 07:19 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Graham

Very sweet music with nostalgic melody!
Both accordions are really nice which play the melody part and the obligato part.
They are very well harmonized.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Hope all is well soon.
Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

furry #469812 04/27/18 03:59 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved this tune Graham. Such a beautiful song. Well done..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
furry #469876 04/28/18 02:13 AM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
You know 'm not a true experienced musician, but you could make this a lot faster in a march rhythm and I think it would work really well.

furry #469942 04/28/18 08:51 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Welcome back Furry! Sorry to hear about your wife, at least she is in hospital getting the treatment she needs!

I really enjoyed the instrumentation used in this. The Accordion really moves through each section quite nicely. Very easy to listen to. Well done! I can see why this won the competition. smile

Cheers,
Joe
User Showcase
furry Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Yeah, I know the drums are a bit on the loud side. I have a different system now to what I had when I mixed this originally. Everything is far superior so sadly I couldn't change the drum level

Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Lovely track in all respects... I'm glad you posted it on YouTube.. it allowed me to visualize your localities that inspire you. I really liked the bridge area where I think you did a slight modulation into a different key.

My only suggestion would be that the drum track sounded a little bit too Oom-pa-pa-ish for the gentleness of your track maybe there's another more subtle Waltz drum beat that could be used. I'm glad I listened to your work and I'm looking forward to hearing more

User Showcase
furry Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Shigeki, thanks for listening, and, of course the nice comments

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Graham

Very sweet music with nostalgic melody!
Both accordions are really nice which play the melody part and the obligato part.
They are very well harmonized.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Hope all is well soon.
Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

furry #470238 04/29/18 03:22 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Graham, I hope that you will fully recovers soon. You both are in our prayers.

This is a beautiful song. Thanx for sharing this with us.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195