You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#471836 - 05/08/18 12:27 PM [RealBand] StylePicker Enhancements in RealBand 2018!
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
We added some great enhancements to the StylePicker with the release of RealBand 2018 (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases), including:

• Mixer-like control allows style customization within the StylePicker. This shows what tracks are used in the highlighted style in the list, and color-codes them according to the track types (MIDI/RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks). There is also a menu button on each track, which allows you to change the instrument, disable/enable the track, or perform other track actions.
  • A [Save as .STY] button has been added. When you have customized a style, you might want to save it so that it is added to the StylePicker list, and can be used easily.
  • Recommendations of styles is improved when using the [Find Titles] button at the top right of the dialog. This also displays Subgenres.
  • New user categories have been added, including Americana; Bebop and Fast Jazz; Bluegrass, Train, and Old Time; Dixieland, Gypsy, and Old Jazz; Fingerstyle Guitar; Funk, RnB, and Soul; Heavy Rock; Singer-Songwriter; and World.
  • The buttons to copy the styles list to clipboard, set the dialog options, and reset the dialog to defaults have been moved to the [Action] button menu.
  • The two buttons to rebuild a complete or partial styles list have been combined into a single button.
  • Rebuilding the styles list also rebuilds lists in the RealTracks and RealDrums Picker dialogs.
  • The option to change the font size of the text in the styles list has been moved to the StylePicker Options dialog.

#472140 - 05/09/18 03:22 PM [RealBand] Re: StylePicker Enhancements in RealBand 2018! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Del Offline
Apprentice

Loc: ND
Which build of Realband 2018 has these features? I'm running build 5 and don't see them.

#472230 - 05/10/18 05:59 AM [RealBand] Re: StylePicker Enhancements in RealBand 2018! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Mike Head Offline
Journeyman

HI Callie

Yes like DEL I do not see any menu items in the Realband style picker mixer window just the tracks currently in use colour coded as you say
RB 2018 build 5.

However in BIAB 2018 style picker the mixer view is as you say with track menu buttons and also save buttons along the bottom.
Can you check for us please
Mike
Thanks.

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#472383 - 05/11/18 05:28 AM [RealBand] Re: StylePicker Enhancements in RealBand 2018! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Mike Head Offline
Journeyman

Hi all
bump!

Well looks like Del and myself are out in the wilderness here.
I was hoping one of our veteran contributors would confirm our findings.
Not much point in marketing shouting the praises for new features that just don’t seem to be present on the current distribution version build 5

As I say in BIAB all is well but not in Realband 2018 build 5

Your comments would be appreciated
Mike

#472389 - 05/11/18 06:30 AM [RealBand] Re: StylePicker Enhancements in RealBand 2018! [Re: Mike Head]
Del Offline
Apprentice

Mike,
I wander around in the music wilderness a lot! Thanks for joining me on this one and confirming what I'm seeing in Realband.

#472401 - 05/11/18 07:26 AM [RealBand] Re: StylePicker Enhancements in RealBand 2018! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Crap, I meant to take a look, but got caught up in the song I was working on (spent yesterday evening and early this morning in RealBand). I'll try to take a look this evening after work (unless someone beats me to it).

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#472412 - 05/11/18 10:25 AM [RealBand] Re: StylePicker Enhancements in RealBand 2018! [Re: jford]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: jford
Crap, I meant to take a look, but got caught up in the song I was working on (spent yesterday evening and early this morning in RealBand). I'll try to take a look this evening after work (unless someone beats me to it).

Del and Mike are correct. The RB Stylepicker is different from the Biab Stylepicker and lacks the menu buttons, save style button and some other differences.

#472434 - 05/11/18 12:49 PM [RealBand] Re: StylePicker Enhancements in RealBand 2018! [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Del Offline
Apprentice

Thank you for checking this Charlie!

#472438 - 05/11/18 01:23 PM [RealBand] Re: StylePicker Enhancements in RealBand 2018! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Mike Head Offline
Journeyman

Hmm

Thanks Charlie and John.
We are not alone.
Hopefully Callie will see if it can be made the same as BIAB as he thought it already was,
Maybe the current version is pointing to old code by mistake if the code for stylepicker has in fact been updated for RB.
Mike cool

#472916 - 05/15/18 05:04 AM [RealBand] Re: StylePicker Enhancements in RealBand 2018! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Mike Head Offline
Journeyman

Hmmm

Not a peep from PG on this one. cry
Any thoughts chaps.

Regards
Mike smile

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

Forum Stats
27986 Members
57 Forums
53985 Topics
445902 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
VOICEBOX, Karl1901, charly, Bonnie-Kjell, Jesson Holder

27985 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 407
David Snyder 154