You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#475790 - 06/01/18 04:11 PM [User Showcase] Ride Around Turtle Island
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Ride Around Turtle Island

For all those who enjoy cycling.

Style is _UKES140.STY (Folk Swing w/ Ukulele )

RealTracks in style: ~1137:Bass, Acoustic-Guitar, FolkSwing Sw 140
RealTracks in song: ~559:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Jazz Freddie Sw 140 ('A' only)
RealTracks in style: ~1143:Ukulele, Strumming FolkSwing Sw 140
RealTracks in song: 2855:Harmonica, Background CountrySwingJellyRoll Sw 120
RealDrums in style: NashvilleBrushesHillbillySwing: a: Sidestick, Brushesb: Brushes, Stick
Thanks to Floyd for the handclap loop.

Ride Around Turtle Island

when life`s a machine
turned on its inventor
you`re all circuits with no center
find a better geometry
two wheels and a seat
heading out where land and water meet

pedal rattle and roll
spin the cogs of your soul

where sun tattoos this green land
`til the moon takes the sea by the hand
we`ll ride around Turtle Island

when you`re all will
without a testament
lets go test the elements
hammer hum and blur
into a rushing sound
where the rainbow leaves the ground

bring your trip wire nerves
there`s something to swerve

the song will write itself
when you take your heart back from the shelf
we`ll ride around Turtle island

© Robert Cordrey May 2018

Edited by Robertkc (06/01/18 07:39 PM)

#475801 - 06/01/18 05:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Robertkc]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Robert,

Love the song. Great vocal and a really fun and playful arrangement.

The harmonica was an excellent touch.

Bob

#475805 - 06/01/18 06:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Robertkc]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Lots going on here. Love your lyrics. Great mix and production. Rob

#475815 - 06/01/18 06:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Robertkc]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Robert

Some inspired instrumental choices, excellent hand clap section, clever lyrics, and a nice overall production.
Really nice work.

Peter

#475824 - 06/01/18 06:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Robertkc]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Love this tune Robert. What an excellent vocal. Ukulele was very a very cool ad. Also Floyd did some excellent hand claps as well :-).....

#475843 - 06/02/18 03:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Robertkc]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Man, you are on a roll, Robert!

As always interesting lyrics! My favorite line: "where sun tattoos this green land
`til the moon takes the sea by the hand"

Nice job on the production, starting with the Uke works well and I like how you bring in the other instruments. The handclaps were unexpected, but also worked I thought.

Nice!

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#475877 - 06/02/18 08:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Robertkc]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
As you know we avid (perhaps fanatical) cyclists...so this song is even more of a joy!

We get and love the Zen aspects of cycling through beautiful country via roads or trails.

"the song will write itself
we`ll ride around Turtle island"

Yes! And, btw, many hooks have come to us while riding.

Poster have already hit on the goodness of the RT choices and the overall production. We can only ditto all of it.

And your vocal performance flowed along with the backing tracks like a cool creek alongside a bike trail.

Love it!

J&B
J&B Website

#475888 - 06/02/18 10:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: PeterF]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Robert,

Love the song. Great vocal and a really fun and playful arrangement.

The harmonica was an excellent touch.

Bob

Thanks, Bob!

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Lots going on here. Love your lyrics. Great mix and production. Rob

Thanks for those positives, Rob!

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Robert

Some inspired instrumental choices, excellent hand clap section, clever lyrics, and a nice overall production.
Really nice work.

Peter

Peter,
Been wanting to try something with mostly Uke for some time- glad you liked this.

Robert

#475895 - 06/02/18 12:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Robertkc]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Robert,

Imaginative lyrics (always the case with your songs).

The Ukulele was a nice choice for this. That along with the bicycle brought to mind "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head"...

The entire band worked well. A good mix.

I really like the "sun tattoo" line, too.

fj

#475901 - 06/02/18 01:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Robertkc]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

Robert, You had me from that first verse. The harmonica didn't hurt either. Well done.

#475977 - 06/03/18 10:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: BlueAttitude]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Love this tune Robert. What an excellent vocal. Ukulele was very a very cool ad. Also Floyd did some excellent hand claps as well :-).....

Thanks for your listen and likes,Scott!

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, you are on a roll, Robert!

As always interesting lyrics! My favorite line: "where sun tattoos this green land
`til the moon takes the sea by the hand"

Nice job on the production, starting with the Uke works well and I like how you bring in the other instruments. The handclaps were unexpected, but also worked I thought.

Nice!

Dave,

My output ticks along mostly because I have about a 2 week attention span for the production side... after that I`ve got to start something new.
Thanks for the postive comments on the lyrics and mix.

Robert

#475998 - 06/03/18 01:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Robertkc]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Great intro! You had me from the git-go!

This may be your best to date. The mix is perfect.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#476179 - 06/04/18 05:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
As you know we avid (perhaps fanatical) cyclists...so this song is even more of a joy!

We get and love the Zen aspects of cycling through beautiful country via roads or trails.

"the song will write itself
we`ll ride around Turtle island"

Yes! And, btw, many hooks have come to us while riding.

Poster have already hit on the goodness of the RT choices and the overall production. We can only ditto all of it.

And your vocal performance flowed along with the backing tracks like a cool creek alongside a bike trail.

Love it!

J&B

J&B,
You guys are founding members of the PedalHeads club, so your approval and kind comments mean a lot!
About half of this song came in bits while riding... but I`m a little safer letting the songwriter take charge when walking; my swerving skills on the bike are probably not as sharp as yours.

Robert

Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Robert,

Imaginative lyrics (always the case with your songs).

The Ukulele was a nice choice for this. That along with the bicycle brought to mind "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head"...

The entire band worked well. A good mix.

I really like the "sun tattoo" line, too.

fj

Thanks Floyd,
I like that reference to "Raindrops"- it has that carefree feeling I was hoping to convey.

Robert

#476331 - 06/05/18 02:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Robertkc]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Robert,

How do you manage to always come up with such different sounds an structures?
Very inspiring indeed.
Great song and ditto theme.
Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#476430 - 06/06/18 06:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Robertkc]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

What a tune! The ukulele really gave this an upbeat vibe, which paired well with the introspective lyrics being delivered. Love the groove, love the vocals - this is precisely the kind of tune that gets stuck in your head right away.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile

#476517 - 06/06/18 03:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: RnAM]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: guitar1
Robert, You had me from that first verse. The harmonica didn't hurt either. Well done.

Thank you!

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Great intro! You had me from the git-go!

This may be your best to date. The mix is perfect.

I appreciate the thumbs up, Mario!

Robert

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Robert,

How do you manage to always come up with such different sounds an structures?
Very inspiring indeed.
Great song and ditto theme.
Rob and Anne-Marie

Rob & Anne-Marie,
I`m glad you found the theme inspiring- coming from the bicycle-mad Netherlands, that feels good.
I guess I just try to match the style with the feel the song idea gives me... and listen to music in that style as a reference ( in this case I found a CD from a Polynesian band that sounded very joyful).
Thanks for your positive comments.

Robert

#476738 - 06/07/18 06:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune! The ukulele really gave this an upbeat vibe, which paired well with the introspective lyrics being delivered. Love the groove, love the vocals - this is precisely the kind of tune that gets stuck in your head right away.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile

Deryk,
Glad you found this catchy- thanks for your comments.

Robert

#476762 - 06/08/18 12:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Robertkc]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Robert

What a happy sound!
The fun of cycling is transmitted straight.
Your vocal fits this song very well.
I agree with floyd.
The Ukulele was a nice choice for this.
That along with the bicycle brought to mind "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head"...
Thank you for a happy feeling.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#477017 - 06/09/18 03:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Robertkc]
Torrey Bliss Online   content
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Beautiful song Robert! The imagery presented here is very therapeutic for the listener! It has such a joyful peaceful feel to it! I love the melody and chord structure in the chorus! Thanks, Torrey

#477149 - 06/10/18 01:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ride Around Turtle Island [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Robert

What a happy sound!
The fun of cycling is transmitted straight.
Your vocal fits this song very well.
I agree with floyd.
The Ukulele was a nice choice for this.
That along with the bicycle brought to mind "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head"...
Thank you for a happy feeling.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki,
I`m glad the happy feeling came through -thank you for those kind comments.

Robert

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Beautiful song Robert! The imagery presented here is very therapeutic for the listener! It has such a joyful peaceful feel to it! I love the melody and chord structure in the chorus! Thanks, Torrey

That`s good to hear, Torrey thanks for listening and commenting ( thanks also for your comments on Weeds which I missed), your support is appreciated!

Robert-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27840 Members
51 Forums
53039 Topics
440327 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances, LatinoMike

27840 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 145