RealBand
B
Bobby Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Win 7, Realband 2018 Build 5

#1_Working in the tracks view, whenever I go to the piano roll or the events list or the notation window and then
back to the tracks view, I always have to resize the tracks view. The scroll bar at the bottom is always cut off.

#2_In the track view, when generating a realtrack, sometimes the track selection window apparently opens behind the
track view. This locks up the software and the only recourse I have found is to use the task manager and end task

Any solutions or helpful answers? Thanks, Bobby

#3 Bonus Question_ I attribute a lot of my crashes to a lack of memory. Is a 64bit version ever going to happen?

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
1... IDK.... maybe someone else can assist

2. Minimize the windows that are open. Yep, Ive had that happen and until I figured it out it was a real PITA. The window you need is hidden under the front one. The program won't budge. So.... yup, minimize the blocking windows and you can see the hidden one. close it and it's back to business as usual.

Bonus answer: Most crashes I've dealt with were due to one of several possible things.

1st. Driver issues and compatibility...especially the sound card driver. If your interface or SC uses ASIO, by all means, use ASIO. And update that driver from the manufacturer of your card. If the card doesn't support ASIO, use the recommended driver.

2nd: You have too many things open and trying to use system resources at the same time. You run out of processing power. I have run Sonar, BiaB, and Real Band, all open at the same time without issues on an old laptop. It was 32 bit Vista and a duo core with 2GB memory. Occasionally, when I was working in Sonar, with a bunch of VST's and FX running, the system would choke and stutter and even drop out. It rarely hard crashed because all the hardware and software drivers were correct and properly installed. I could freeze some synths, print the FX and close BB/RB and the processor consumption would drop from 80%+ to under 50% and things would run smooth. If you have 4GB or more of memory, you should be good and I'd look elsewhere for the problem solution. Restart the machine and only open one program....BB. If you still have problems it's more then likely not the memory.

3rd: You live on an old Indian Burial ground and well....... things probably move around in your house too.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 06/21/18 09:03 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
1. What is your screen resolution?
Resolutions under 1440 have been noted to have certain issues.

2. Minimize open windows to get to a hidden window, or miimize the active window then restore it (it will usually then appear on top).

Handy shortcuts:
Win+Home: Clear all but the active window.
Win+Space: All windows become transparent so you can see through to the desktop.
Win+Up arrow: Maximize the active window.
Shift+Win+Up arrow: Maximize the active window vertically.
Win+Down arrow: Minimize the window/Restore the window if it's maximized.
Win+Left/Right arrows: Dock the window to each side of the monitor.

3. In our lifetime?

Last edited by rharv; 06/23/18 04:14 AM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bobby
Bonus Question_ I attribute a lot of my crashes to a lack of memory. Is a 64bit version ever going to happen?

Completely unnecessary. JBridge costs ten bucks and allows you to use ALL of your system memory when using VST's.

The man himself Peter Gannon posted about this extensively about two years ago after lots of testing. If you have 32 gigs of ram and you're using some huge softsynth library with multiple tracks that needs that much memory, no problem with JBridge.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
B
Bobby Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Screen resolution is 1920x1080

I attribute my crashes to generating and auditioning too many realtracks for a 32bit system, no vst's loaded. Yes Iam using asio. Long ago I started mixing in sonar 64bit for the extra available memory.

When the realtracks window opens behind the tracks view, (Not often enough for me to pull out my hair) mouse
clicking on the tracks view gives me the microsoft ding ding bell sound you can't do this. Not sure if I tried to resize window or just clicked on the close window X.

Rhav Thanks for the shortcuts. I will keep them handy.

Guitar Hacker I'll hang some spirit beads in my music room just in case!

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
1920 resolution has worked fine for me once I get things how I want them and save the file.

For the hidden window; trying to mouse click when this happens has been futile for me historically (I haven't seen this behavior in years though), however, going from memory, using the minimize/restore shortcuts worked more often than not when this ocurred.
Worth trying.

/If the beads don't work maybe try a dream catcher

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Bobby,

1) I'll have to do some testing for this issue. Do you usually work with the Tracks window maximized, or as a floating window?

2) Next time this happens, please try hitting Alt-Tab a couple times. I suspect that the RealTracks Picker got hidden behind the entire RealBand window, not just behind the Tracks window, and this will likely get it back.

3) What kind of error messages do you get when it crashes? That'll give us a good idea of what's causing the problem.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

RealBand
B
Bobby Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
1. I work in the tracks window maximized. I don't remember this happening before 2018, however I couldn't say it
started after a certain build number.

2. Kent I believe you are correct about the realtracks window opening behind the entire program. After end task,
the entire realband window closes and for a brief moment I see the picker window before it closes.

3. As I remember the error message is something like_real band has encountered a problem (or error) and will now
close. At this point I usually cuss at the program. I do remember what I say, but I will not repeat it here as
it will not help resolve the problem, but it does make me feel better!

Thanks_Bobby

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I work in the tracks window maximized. I don't remember this happening before 2018, however I couldn't say it
started after a certain build number.

Window behind the main window has been a long-standing issue. Just have to be careful where you click. Can usually get the right window back up, but it does make it look like the program is locked up when it happens.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
RealBand
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Bobby,

Usually, when RealBand crashes, it generates a crash report and offers to send it to PG Music. Next time this happens, please send us the report so we can see the entire error message and other details. That'll help us figure out what's going on.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195