Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube
Veteran
Veteran
Josie, just had a listen to your song, twice actually smile
Excellent! Your vocals are fabulous and I like your arrangement too.
Well done!

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Here is our latest “cover in a week” with my friend Karen Wilmot. Made 100% with biab, which really is the most awesome tool for this. What I do is set up the song structure in Biab and then try out all sorts of different styles. I then pick one that I like and record the cover. With the “cover in a week” site they like it if you do something quite different from the original so you can try covering, say, a country song in a jazz style. Perfect fodder for Biab. Hope to catch some of your Biab covers on the site. Ps the next one is truly madly deeply by savage garden.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Veteran
Veteran
This is getting more and more infuriating!! mad

They still haven't shown any indication of my signing up at all, for neither of the emails I submitted. So I still don't fully know how to take part in this, let alone what projects are being asked for each week.
And I am NOT signing up to ruddy spyware FB just for these email-snatching twats - there has to be another way?!

Why the hell aren't they answering me back?!?

Thank goodness words aren't knives.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)
Veteran
Veteran
Icelander, I used gmail. You might check your junk email folder to be sure.

Veteran
Veteran
Great job to you too Joanne and thanks so much to all of you guys!

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Icelander, I used gmail. You might check your junk email folder to be sure.
I had already thought of that, but no such luck. Which is precisely why I went in again with a completely different email, didn't get any response to that one either...and still haven't from either of my two additional direct email messages to them asking about it to boot.
I am very displeased!

Last edited by Icelander; 08/17/18 05:27 AM. Reason: correcting mistakes.

L
Expert
Expert
L
Just did a search on spotify for Cover in a week. Very impressed. 3 volumes of songs. I counted no less than six great tracks from Joanne. The final mix for each volume is impressive. I wonder how they mastered all the tracks?

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
Veteran
Veteran
How does one submit to their YT channel anyway, if anyone can elaborate on that? I know basically how to submit to my own, but to someone else's?? confused

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
New cover made with Band-in-a-Box, recorded, mixed and mastered in RealBand in a couple of hours on Sunday. It is definitely easier if you already know the song and this is one I absolutely love. Made the midi flute from my vocal using Melodyne.

PS Eddie. PM me your email address and I will email them and ask them to reply directly to you.

Last edited by JoanneCooper; 08/27/18 08:14 PM.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
PS Eddie. PM me your email address and I will email them and ask them to reply directly to you.
Will do.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Icelander
How does one submit to their YT channel anyway, if anyone can elaborate on that? I know basically how to submit to my own, but to someone else's?? confused

You upload the video or audio file of your cover song to the Cover in a Week website (they say a maximum of 500 MB) and then they put it on their Youtube channel. You should then share the link to the song on their channel on your social media. You may not release your recording of the song anywhere else (I think it is about for about 6 months).

They will let you know if they want the right to release the cover song on iTunes, Spotify etc via The Orchard. If they do want to release your cover they will let you know and you send them the final high quality wav file (via dropbox or wetransfer).

If they do release the song it will be on one of the "The best of Cover in a week" albums and The Orchard will organize all the required licenses and (eventually) Cover in a week will pay you 50% of the money they receive from The Orchard. They also say that you might get synch opportunities on the song but I have not received any yet.

I think Cover in a Week are also doing some promotion on the songs they release (at least I hope they are) as I got a message from a local radio station saying they were playing one of my covers on the radio and wanted to interview me as well.

Clear as mud?

Veteran
Veteran
How does one submit to their YT channel anyway...?
You upload the video or audio file of your cover song to the Cover in a Week website====then they put it on their Youtube channel.
Ah, that explains a lot right there, thanks!
I think Cover in a Week are also doing some promotion on the songs they release (at least I hope they are) as I got a message from a local radio station saying they were playing one of my covers on the radio and wanted to interview me as well.
Does that mean this whole thing is limited to american submissions?! I can't quite envision the scenario of some american radio station going to the lengths of interviewing some obscure nobody all the way up here, you know smirk

p.s. I've sent you that PM, btw. Thanks for offering to assist.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Does that mean this whole thing is limited to american submissions?! I can't quite envision the scenario of some american radio station going to the lengths of interviewing some obscure nobody all the way up here, you know smirk.

No it is not restricted to American entries. I think the owners of “split sounds” which is the company that runs cover in a week are South African so probably know some of the South Africa djs.

Veteran
Veteran
You should then share the link to the song on their channel on your social media. You may not release your recording of the song anywhere else (I think it is about for about 6 months).
I'm not on any of those pryware places like facebook, instagram or twitter & whatever else there is out there, so my own YT channel would be my first choice. What about to my own YT channel, or does that count as a "release" and thus a violation?

I keep asking you about these things, btw, because they still haven't managed to reach me. I only knew about last week's song challenge because you told me, have no idea what's up next/now smirk

Last edited by Icelander; 09/02/18 04:39 AM. Reason: Correcting mistakes

Veteran
Veteran
New cover made with Band-in-a-Box
Props to you for not just doing a near-replica like I see all the others have.
I actually submitted my own take on this one. It's not up on their channel (yet), either because I missed the deadline or because my version is just too far out there laugh

EDIT: It's up now... quite a different take on the song, I know, but isn't that the whole point? wink

Last edited by Icelander; 09/04/18 06:31 AM. Reason: Further details

Veteran
Veteran
My first entry is up, whoo-hoo! laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=depg_5FEXAs

Last edited by Icelander; 09/04/18 06:27 AM.

L
Expert
Expert
L
Very Cool Icelander. It was worth the wait!

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: lambada
Very Cool Icelander. It was worth the wait!
Oh phew, that's a relief! grin

Many thanks to JC for all the help, I literally couldn't have done it without her input smile

This was a lot of fun, I just might do another one, if they let me..and if I can find out their next songs ...

Last edited by Icelander; 09/04/18 03:39 PM. Reason: Correcting mistakes

Veteran
Veteran
They've finally added another of my submissions, yayh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-hXteQRyWU

p.s. Points if you can figure out from what other Beatles song I nicked the core bass line... wink

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,439
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195