You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#48157 - 12/09/09 02:57 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Lyrics
sparrow Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pavia - Italia
I've look for instructions ( in the hand book) in order to write down Lyric on my score
the manual is "really" poor so I'm not able to write lyrics in the right way ... I mean to put the text on the corresponding note
pls is there anybody that can help me

pls step by step
I know to push the "Lyrics" button after that what have I to do ?
pls step by step in very simple way
Thanks

#48158 - 12/10/09 06:19 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Lyrics [Re: sparrow]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Sparrow,

I have BIAB for Windows. How I enter lyrics is as follows.
  • Have a melody notated to which I want to attach lyrics. I use the Melody track for this.
  • Switch to Notation Mode
  • Click at the beginning of the bar where I want to start adding lyrics.
  • Use cntrl+L to begin entering lyrics at the current bar. (This can also be accessed via the Lyrics menu as Enter lyrics at current bar.)
  • The current note is highlighted red.
  • Type lyric in the lyric entry box directly above the staff in the middle of the screen. (cntrl+L toggles this lyric box on and off)
  • Hit enter to move on to the next note.
  • NOTE: If you make a mistake, don't worry that it seems difficult to get back to the note where the mistake is located. Simply click on the bar concerned and choose Edit lyrics as event list from the Lyrics menu. Locate the faulty lyric, double click on it and make the correction.

I'm not sure if this will work in the Mac version but it might give you some ideas to try.

Regards,
Noel

#48159 - 12/10/09 02:54 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Lyrics [Re: Noel96]
sparrow Offline
Enthusiast

let me try ... something will get out ...
many thanks anyway

#48160 - 12/10/09 04:06 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Lyrics [Re: sparrow]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
And use the hyphen for syllables. That way, if you use the big lyrics window, it will display the whole word together, but highlight the syllable associated with the note being played.

Syl- la- ble

gets displayed as:

Syllable

with the appropriate syllable highlighted, depending upon which note is playing.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#48161 - 12/11/09 02:32 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Lyrics [Re: jford]
sparrow Offline
Enthusiast

@ jford
do you mean using Mac?
my PC is IMac ...

#48162 - 12/13/09 08:55 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Lyrics [Re: sparrow]
sparrow Offline
Enthusiast

@jford
could you pls make a snap shot of your "lyric window" for windows ( and attache it )
I'd like to make a comparison with my "lyric window" in IMac
thanks

#48163 - 12/13/09 09:10 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Lyrics [Re: sparrow]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
The Lyrics handling between the two platforms are way different and Mac is again behind the curve.

"Note Based Lyrics" are included in the PC version and are completely different in the way they work and look.

And the Mac version has yet to have the FakeSheet mode, which goes hand in hand with the Note Based Lyrics thing IMO.

I do have the feeling that development is going to be adding as many of these kind of features as possible on the Mac version, though. They should, and while the response has been behind the curve, it is the right thing to do and they know that and they have always been forthright in my experience.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#48164 - 12/13/09 09:23 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Lyrics [Re: Mac]
sparrow Offline
Enthusiast

let me understand :
in Mac there are not features and tools as in Windows for typing lyric?
this is "the fact" ?
shortly speaking the Mac version of Biab "is poor than Windows" version for typing lyric ....
this is what I ' ve understood ...
correct ...:-)?

#48165 - 12/13/09 09:29 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Lyrics [Re: sparrow]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Macintosh version right now has a Lyrics window and it is much like the older Line Based lyrics that are still in the Windows version.

But the Windows version also has the newer "Note Based Lyrics" system as well.

And I think that feature is likely in develepment and may show up for the Mac version at some point in time, as well. At least, it should be IMO.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#48166 - 12/13/09 11:55 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Lyrics [Re: Mac]
sparrow Offline
Enthusiast

sorry "IMO" stand for ...:-)

#48167 - 12/13/09 05:33 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Lyrics [Re: sparrow]
Mac Offline
Veteran

"In My Opinion"

Common webtalk abbreviation.

If you are faced with one of these anywhere on the web, you can usually use any good internet search engine to rapidly decipher the meaning.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#48168 - 12/14/09 12:43 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Lyrics [Re: Mac]
sparrow Offline
Enthusiast

thanks a lot guy!

#48169 - 12/16/09 12:12 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Lyrics [Re: sparrow]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Hi, Sparrow -

Sorry about that, regarding my comments on lyrics. I wasn't paying attention to which forum I was on. I use the Windows version, but I read the forums for both, because there are some commonalities, and I figure I can learn from Mac users, as well. I just lost track of which forum I was on when I responded. I saw your other post on lyrics, so I apologize if I wasted your time.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27840 Members
51 Forums
53044 Topics
440409 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances, LatinoMike

27840 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 141