A Journey That Never Ends

File: A Journey That Never Ends
Key=C , Tempo 145, Length (m:s)=3:00
9 bar intro, 32 bar chorus, from bar 10 to bar 41. Repeat x3 choruses
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,

Style is _T_FSHIN.STY (Country Nylon Fishin' )

RealTracks in style: ~~537:Bass, Acoustic, Pop Sw 165
RealTracks in song: ~~610:Mandolin, Rhythm Chop Sw 120
RealTracks in style: 606:Guitar, Nylon, Chet Fishin' Sw 120
RealTracks in song: ~1613:Banjo, Tenor, Rhythm DixielandFastA-B Sw 165
RealDrums in Song: JazzBrushes: a: Brushes Swirling b: Brushes Busier

First vocal we've done since moving into the assisted living facility - still working on the acoustics and the setup. This is an all acoustic band. We wrote it for a submission opportunity but didn't "finish" it in time. The vocal is a "one-and-done" - no redos. Thanks for listening.

A Journey That Never Ends
© 2018 Alan D. David, BMI / Diana Randall, BMI

(v1)
Wherever the wind might blow
That’s where I wanna go
-Carefree got nothing to lose
Always wearing my traveling shoes
Got no problems, ain’t got a care
Packed my Superman underwear
Nothing to stop me or tie me down
Going where I can’t be found

CHORUS
Life’s a journey that never ends
Twists and turns and a few dead ends
Might get lost a time or two
+Or take a road with a different view
Got no time to be worried or blue
So much to see and do
-I’m always chasing the wind

(v2)
Going fast or taking it slow
Don’t matter as long as I go
-Keep moving on down the road
Traveling light as the miles unfold
Highway straight or curves ahead
Smooth sailing or a bump instead
There ain’t nothin’ gonna slow me down
The next place is where I’m bound

CHORUS
So much to see and do

(v3)
My destination is always new
Could be Dallas or Timbuktu
Always different but still the same
A new adventure just a different name
-Going here and going there
-With stories and memories to share
-A big city or a country town
My feet are always on new ground

CHORUS
So much to see and do

Last edited by Al-David; 07/15/18 12:01 PM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

Excellent song and vocal - love the great big sounding acoustic mix.

Very cool, enjoyable and well done. smile

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Al & Di,

Good to hear a happy song coming as a first for your new settup.
This is well written ( goes without saying really - good song construction is second nature for some!) and infectious.
That`s a cool nylon guitar track I haven`t heard before.
Very enjoyable music.

Robert

User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan & Di,

Loved it !

A real feel-good song that just rolls along and asks to be played over and over.

There was a time when I tried living a bit like that, but eventually I found I liked
the old familiar things as well.

Super backing track and a perfect vocal - hey, if you can sing like that in one take, there's
no need to start tracking up!

Hope things are working out for you in the new space, my friend.

All the best, ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Alan & Di,

Loved it !

A real feel-good song that just rolls along and asks to be played over and over.

There was a time when I tried living a bit like that, but eventually I found I liked
the old familiar things as well.

Super backing track and a perfect vocal - hey, if you can sing like that in one take, there's
no need to start tracking up!

Hope things are working out for you in the new space, my friend.

All the best, ROG.

Hi ROG,
Thanks so much. This song is a bit autobiographical. I love traveling to places I've never been before. I've been so fortunate in that regard: 43 countries and all but two (Oregon & Hawaii) US states.

I was unhappy with the vocal but didn't have time to do a retake. For some reason, I rushed the words "Might get lost a time or two" on all three choruses. I wanted to make that right.

Still working on the "sound". The acoustics here leave a lot to be desired. I think the vocal "dynamics" sounded halfway decent but still need some tweaking - still looking for the right tone balance. I recorded the vocal and mixed it, then posted it in less than twenty minutes. So not a lot of technical prep. In other words - it's pretty raw!

Many thanks. I appreciate the kind words. Di says "Hi!"

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 07/15/18 02:24 PM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Al & Di,

Good to hear a happy song coming as a first for your new settup.
This is well written ( goes without saying really - good song construction is second nature for some!) and infectious.
That`s a cool nylon guitar track I haven`t heard before.
Very enjoyable music.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Many thanks for those kind words! yeah, I discovered that nylon track by accident. I meant to grab a different one but accidentally clicked onto this one instead. Not unhappy about that mistake!

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for letting me know.

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Alan,

Excellent song and vocal - love the great big sounding acoustic mix.

Very cool, enjoyable and well done. smile

Bob

Hi Bob,

Answering the comments out of order, but here I am! Thank you very much. Yes, I think the all acoustic back ups have a nice big, but subtle, feel. Thanks for the listen and great comments.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 07/15/18 05:46 PM.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good song as usual, Alan! I always enjoy your lyrics, I have no skills whatsoever in that department and you do it so well.

Nice to see that you are at the point where you can start recording again!

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Really nice work here Alan smile I like how easy going it sounds, and the groove is really nice too. Some really neat lyrics to boot, and the playful nature of the song really makes it a standout. Sometimes the world needs more fun and carefree music.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice one Al...sorry you missed the deadline but this type of tune is often requested...
Much more so than the dark stuff I tend to write smile It would be great overhead music also.

Nice and bouncy and upbeat and well done!

Enjoyed it.

J&B

PS I wish I could write on demand -- just takes me waaaaaay too long.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Enjoyed this, I love acoustic sounding songs. and upbeat.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Good song as usual, Alan! I always enjoy your lyrics, I have no skills whatsoever in that department and you do it so well.

Nice to see that you are at the point where you can start recording again!

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much. Glad you enjoyed it. I still have 12 -14 songs with music finished but lyrics only partially finished, some no more than a single verse. But, in time! Thanks again.

Alan

PS: edited as follows - I had the music finished in one day - just wasn't able to record vocals until a couple of days ago.

Last edited by Al-David; 07/16/18 07:43 AM.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Really nice work here Alan smile I like how easy going it sounds, and the groove is really nice too. Some really neat lyrics to boot, and the playful nature of the song really makes it a standout. Sometimes the world needs more fun and carefree music.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing!

Hey Deryk!

Always a pleasure to hear from you - and the several other folks @ PG Music who visit the forum. The opportunity wanted a song much like you described. Sometimes I get lucky and get fairly close to the desired song. Other times, well ....!

This was a fun song to do - enjoyed the entire process. Again, many thanks!

Alan

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
43 countries!? I hope to get to be lucky enough to see that many. I was going to say this song sounded like it came from someone who was pretty well traveled, and then I saw that comment! I've only ever been to Florida (and going there again this late summer in September). I had barely seen Canada up until I moved from Ontario to BC. Took the train. It was pretty cool. 5 and a half days, 12 hours delayed both ways. But it was a really cool experience. I hope to get the chance to see that many countries someday.

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Nice one Al...sorry you missed the deadline but this type of tune is often requested...
Much more so than the dark stuff I tend to write smile It would be great overhead music also.

Nice and bouncy and upbeat and well done!

Enjoyed it.

J&B

PS I wish I could write on demand -- just takes me waaaaaay too long.

Howdy Folks!

Thank you very much! I need to redo the vocal, but other than that I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I just need to smooth out the vocal timing in places - maybe reduce the lower EQ a tad. As I edited my reply to Dave - the music was finished in about 22 hours and had the vocal written the following day. Couldn't record vocals until a couple of days ago. Otherwise, I'd have had ready in time for the opportunity.

As far as writing on demand - I've been fairly lucky with that so far. I've had 2 placements on Songtradr, one on a different site and sold a work for hire several years ago ($600.00).

Many thanks for the nice comments! Best to you & yours.

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Enjoyed this, I love acoustic sounding songs. and upbeat.

Thank you! I appreciate the nice comments and encouragement. I've not done a lot pof acoustic writing in the past. So, I'm pleased with this one. Wishing you the best.

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

A very pleasant listen. Such a positive sentiment. A very nice combination of instruments - not sure I've heard anyone use that guitar before - perfect for this.

Glad to hear y'all are getting settled in. Hope that all goes well for you.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

A very pleasant listen. Such a positive sentiment. A very nice combination of instruments - not sure I've heard anyone use that guitar before - perfect for this.

Glad to hear y'all are getting settled in. Hope that all goes well for you.

fj

Thanks so much, Floyd. Yeah, we could use a little more positive. There's enough negative in the world to go around several times. Glad you enjoyed it. And, as I told a previous reviewer (Dave, I think), I happened into that guitar track by accident. Glad I did! Best to you.

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Hey Al and Di,

This sounds really great!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! Love it! It sounds so authentic all the way around. I love the groove from the get go; but then your vocal solidified the whole thing. I love the feel you are are singing with. My goodness; I'll be listening to this many times. Such a cool song!

Btw, for "one and done" and having just moved; I would never have known. In my opinion, you did a really impressive job.

Keep 'em coming please! smile

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
43 countries!? I hope to get to be lucky enough to see that many. I was going to say this song sounded like it came from someone who was pretty well traveled, and then I saw that comment! I've only ever been to Florida (and going there again this late summer in September). I had barely seen Canada up until I moved from Ontario to BC. Took the train. It was pretty cool. 5 and a half days, 12 hours delayed both ways. But it was a really cool experience. I hope to get the chance to see that many countries someday.

Hi Ember,

Thanks for dropping in for a listen - much appreciated. I lived in Europe 12 years, the countries there are fairly small compared the US and Canada. So, it was fairly easy to move around. I was in Asia almost 2 years. The most interesting places were Iceland and Morocco. Really liked Japan!

Best to you and the entire PG Music staff.

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Al and Di,

This sounds really great!

Hey David,

Thanks a bunch! It was a fun song to do. Glad you enjoyed it. Best to you and yours.

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Wow! Love it! It sounds so authentic all the way around. I love the groove from the get go; but then your vocal solidified the whole thing. I love the feel you are are singing with. My goodness; I'll be listening to this many times. Such a cool song!

Btw, for "one and done" and having just moved; I would never have known. In my opinion, you did a really impressive job.

Keep 'em coming please! smile

Howdy!

And "Wow" in return! Your comments blew me away. I've always been a pretty good musician (played lead guitar in several country bands for over 50 years), but my singing is mediocre - on a good day! This one kind of fell in place for my voice. And yeah, I recorded the vocal on one take - it could have been worse, I guess. Anyway, thank you so very much for your kind words. You make this 71 year-old heart feel pretty danged good! Best to you and yours.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 07/16/18 03:22 PM.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I agree with all that's been said already. Sure, there are bits that could be fixed (if you really wanted to), but they don't detract at all from enjoying the song! smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
I agree with all that's been said already. Sure, there are bits that could be fixed (if you really wanted to), but they don't detract at all from enjoying the song! smile

Hi David,

Thank you very much! I might redo the vocal later if another opportunity arises to submit for a possible placement. Until then, I'll leave it at us. Glad you enjoyed it! Best to you,

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan & Di, this is excellent. Good catchy tune, great arrangement, vocals, and superb lyrics. Really enjoyed this one

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Graham,

Thank you very much. So glad you enjoyed it! Wishing you the very best.

Alan

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Some really fine writing here!! I particularly got a chuckle out of:

Got no problems, ain’t got a care
Packed my Superman underwear

Nice, happy, upbeat tune.....gets you whistling! Keep posting Al!

Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music

Ember, if you are interested, here are the countries:

1. Mexico
2. Canada
3. Peru
4. Greenland
5. Iceland
6. Japan
7. Morocco
8. Kenya
9. Spain
10. Gibraltar
11. Greece
12. Canary Islands
13. Portugal
14. France
15. Andorra
16. Lichtenstein
17. Switzerland
18. Austria
19. Hungary
20. Belgium
21. Luxembourg
22. The Netherlands
23. Denmark
24. Sweden
25. Russia
26. Great Britain
27. Cyprus
28. Samoa
29. Guam
30. Vietnam
31. Cambodia
32. Thailand
33. Seychelles Islands
34. Malta
35. Monaco
36. Philippines
37. Turkey
38. Italy
39. San Marino
40. Albania
41. Madagascar
42. Poland
43. Hong Kong

My passport had lots of stamps!

Last edited by Al-David; 07/18/18 11:17 AM.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Really enjoyable feel good song with positive message. Excellent sounding vocals and crystal clear mix. Maybe you'll get a chance to add Finland to your visited country list one day smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Perky song, expertly done! Really liked the firm structure of the song (what I mean is that the melody line stayed consistent across the verses and choruses, and you made the lyric fit into the melody line without needing to 'bend' it to accomodate lyrics..if that makes sense!). Good choice on RT's and style..and the vocal sounds just fine to me. I especially liked the little stop that you used at the end of the chorus--nice design concept.

It left me with one general question: I wonder how many songwriters/lyricists/poets have ever really been to Timbuktu??

Thanks for the pleasant journey through your music!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Really enjoyable feel good song with positive message. Excellent sounding vocals and crystal clear mix. Maybe you'll get a chance to add Finland to your visited country list one day smile

Janne

Hello Janne,

Thank you very much! Finland be be a great place to visit. With my wife's health as bad as it is, I probably won't travel very much again. But, I'd love to visit your homeland!

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Perky song, expertly done! Really liked the firm structure of the song (what I mean is that the melody line stayed consistent across the verses and choruses, and you made the lyric fit into the melody line without needing to 'bend' it to accomodate lyrics..if that makes sense!). Good choice on RT's and style..and the vocal sounds just fine to me. I especially liked the little stop that you used at the end of the chorus--nice design concept.

It left me with one general question: I wonder how many songwriters/lyricists/poets have ever really been to Timbuktu??

Thanks for the pleasant journey through your music!

First, thank you very much for the really nice comments - I appreciate that very much. And yes, your comment made sense - no need to rush or hold notes to make the lyric synch with the music. I worked pretty hard on that - made numerous adjustments to the lyric. But the lyric was finished in less than a day. That stop near the end of the chorus just fell into place - I didn't really design it that way. It just sorta happened. The closest I've been to Timbuktu is Marrakesh, Morocco. I'd venture to guess that's closer than most folks! But, never actually been to the city.

Again, many thanks.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 07/20/18 10:02 AM.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan and Di,

This is SUPERB! The music and the lyrics are uplifting, very engaging and and a joy to listen to.

I found that I was sitting here and tapping my feet as you carried me along on your music. I have to hand it to you both, you've come up with some great lines. "The sequence that really caught my attention was "There ain't nothin' gonna slow me down, The next place is where I'm bound". What a perfect end to verse 2 and lead-in into the chorus.

That chorus really summarises Life's journey so very well... from the cradle to who know's where it stops!

Best wishes to you both!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Sounds good man. Hope you are enjoying your new location!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Alan

What a pleasant acoustic sounds!
Country and Swing Jazz very well mixed.
It sounds like a song that Burt Bacharach seems to be writing.
I agree with floyd.
A very nice combination of instruments - not sure I've heard anyone use that guitar before - perfect for this.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I did find myself tapping my foot to this.

Well thought out and an excellent choice of band members.

Mostly, some very clever lyrics. Nice.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well, I don'T know why you care about acoustics, the lyrics are so great, the rhythm, voices. I liked it a lot.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195