Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#482405 07/18/18 01:03 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
[Link no longer valid]

Hi friends, Hot off the presses is a new one by SGC!

Like many of its predecessors on my SoundCloud channel, Tune 8 is built around a sax riff I came up with while practicing.

This is my eighth production with PG Music software.

All tracks are RealTracks and RealDrums with the exception of my flute and tenor sax tracks. Thanks to Michael White, Alex Al, Michael Thompson, Dwight Sills, and Jeff Lorber for their amazing playing! I also tried something interesting on this one- 'brass' harmony parts generated from the melody by the TC Helicon harmonizer. They were subtly mixed in with the real horns for a nice effect.

The Basic style was JFMOVIN (Jazz Funk Movin').

The 10-band EQ, and PG Reverb were used on most tracks, with Chorus/Echo on the solo guitar and the horns. PG Dynamics Compressor was used for the solo guitar and piano. I used two outside plugins- EasyQ parametric equalizer, and Sanford Delay on the solo sax.

Other than BIAB/RB, Audacity was used for a dash of post-mix editing (crop, Amplify, bass boost for Soundcloud).

As always, thanks very much for listening and please enjoy! If you dig it, please leave a like, and consider following me at SoundCloud. Please note that SoundCloud forced me to change my URL from 'spontaneousgroovincombustion' to 'spontaneousgrvncombustion.' So, unfortunately, all of my previous posts now contain dead links. Just remember 'grvn' instead of 'groovin'-
https://soundcloud.com/spontaneousgrvncombustion.

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 08/26/20 08:41 AM.

Best, Warren

Warren A. Keller- Woodwindist/Producer
Spontaneous Groovin' Combustion
Tune 9 Music- SESAC
Warren Keller #482409 07/18/18 01:38 PM
User Showcase
EMG Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
Very nice and well constructed. Wonderful Sax.
Thank you for sharing.

------------------------------------------
My music: https://soundcloud.com/ermar-gamar
My stuff: Stratocaster '89, PRS SE Santana, Digitech RP90 Multi Effect, Vocalist Live 3, Digital Piano Korg SP, Studio One 3.5, Presonus Audiobox, BB 2018
Warren Keller #482415 07/18/18 02:05 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent tune. Could be a theme song for a tv show. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
Warren Keller #482416 07/18/18 02:11 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Great combination of Band-in-a-Box and live performances.

Definitely getting flashbacks to 80's/ early 90's theme music.

Really enjoyed it, it's super fun.

C-sharp when you cross the street… or you’re going to B-flat.

Mikke - PG Music
Warren Keller #482495 07/19/18 06:30 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Well done Warren Keller! Very smooth piece and the arrangement is quite soothing! Love that walking bassline and guitar noodling around 2 minutes. Solid mixdown of all the instruments too. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Joe
Warren Keller #482509 07/19/18 07:57 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Warren,

Terrific composition! Everything where should be and doing its job perfectly. Loved the percussions and bass line. But your sax was spot on! Totally loved it in every way. Best to you.

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Warren Keller #482512 07/19/18 08:25 AM
User Showcase
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
You folks are awesome. It's one of the reasons I keep putting it out there! So difficult to get heard today- Facebook, etc. totally ineffectual. So nice to have a home here at the PG Forum to share it with like-minded and generous people. If you have some time, please give Tune 7 a spin too. Posted around the 4th, it got missed by most. Appreciate you!

Last edited by Warren Keller; 07/19/18 08:25 AM.

Best, Warren

Tune 9 Music- SESAC
Warren Keller #482523 07/19/18 09:54 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice! The sax and flutes in the beginning gives is a real '70s feel. It felt like the some of the RTs were running a tad bit faster than their optimal speed, but perhaps that's because I tend to listen to slow music. wink

Naming the compositions would help them get a wee bit more attention. When I see someone post something like "Song #3", I can't help but wonder why someone expects to get a response to a song they didn't even bother to name. (Yeah, that's projection on my part).

Plus, BiaB has a function for auto-generating song names if you're really stuck.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Warren Keller #482524 07/19/18 09:59 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
This did sound like a 70s tv theme, and would not have been out of place either.

Enjoyed That, well done.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Warren Keller #482541 07/19/18 02:02 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Warren, although the RTs were a nice touch it was your playing that took it over the top for me.

Super chops!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Warren Keller #482556 07/19/18 02:58 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very smooth. Great production.Rob

Warren Keller #482557 07/19/18 02:58 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
dcuny, Thanks for your comment. Here's my answer. Please don't take the lack of titles as being dispassionate. It's actually quite the opposite. I haven't named them because I can't bring myself to do it yet. This may be hard to understand. My musical life had been all about words since I began songwriting at 16. As a Nashville songwriter in the 90s, and with rock beforehand, it had been about words, lyrics, storytelling, and hooks. While I always liked some elements of Jazz, I wasn't head over heels for it until 3 years ago, and that's partly because the music I loved always had great lyrical elements to it. My musical expression is quite the opposite now. I feel that I've said everything I wanted to say with words, and now much prefer to express myself instrumentally. The tracks are very important to me and I feel that giving them the wrong name or a throwaway title will somehow negate them. I don't know how most jazzers come up with their titles. It's hard for me to commit to an arbitrary name that doesn't have a strong connection to the tune, as again, particularly with Nashville songcraft, every word mattered. I suspect that at some point I'm just going to have to name them but I dread it. By the way, I'd be extremely open to and grateful for good suggestions when something strikes any of you! Thanks again.

Last edited by Warren Keller; 07/19/18 03:08 PM.

Best, Warren

Tune 9 Music- SESAC
MarioD #482558 07/19/18 03:00 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Too kind Mario. I give it my best. We live in a world today where some college freshman can play circles around me!

Last edited by Warren Keller; 07/20/18 04:22 PM.

Best, Warren

Tune 9 Music- SESAC
Warren Keller #482607 07/20/18 02:59 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Warren, loved what you did with this track… I liked your concept of using a simple riff as the melodic basis. The brass harmonies were outstanding, and your personal playing was spot-on. Looking forward to hearing more of this high quality work!

Warren Keller #482612 07/20/18 03:45 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
What a tune! The first thought I had listening was how well put together it sounds. Every instrument compliments the other ones, and it all flows so nicely. It has flow like no other, partly due to that great groove in it. It almost reminds me of certain work by Bob James.

You should be proud of this one - thanks so much for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
Warren Keller #482721 07/20/18 04:41 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Tano, I passed by Charlotte NC tonight. Thanks for your super kind words! Deryk, I'm very flattered- thanks so much for your kind support. I just listened to some Fourplay. I was unfamiliar with Bob James! He's definitely got a similar groove to Jeff Lorber who is of course behind the RealTrack. I feel like I'm hitting a creative stride, and it's fueled by folks like all of you taking the time to listen and send good vibes my way. Much appreciated! As always, if there's anyone out there who's interested in collaboration or taking something on the road, I'm all ears.

Check the last one too, it's in this vein, and I think really cool as well-

https://soundcloud.com/spontaneousgrvncombustion/tune-7

Last edited by Warren Keller; 07/20/18 04:42 PM.

Best, Warren

Tune 9 Music- SESAC
Warren Keller #485064 08/08/18 11:20 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Warren,

This is a wonderful listen! You're a fantastic sax player!!!

Everything about this had me mesmerised... your playing, the music, the arrangement and the mix. It sounded all so very good!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Warren Keller #485088 08/08/18 02:38 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Missed this first time round -(thanks Noel).
Really pro sounding song with some wonderful playing.
A fine piece.

Peter

Warren Keller #485283 08/10/18 08:31 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Really enjoyed this, Warren. The mix between "live" and "real" is excellent and comes across as a unified project. Had my head boppin' the whole time.

Regarding the title, it sort of reminds me of Chris Rice's "Untitled Hymn", for which he did pretty well on the Contemporary Christian charts.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Warren Keller #485464 08/11/18 05:51 PM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Nice work Warren!! Yeah, those players are some great guys to jam with huh? But you hang in there very respectably! Nice tune indeed!! Take care. Greg

Warren Keller #485548 08/12/18 07:13 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I like that! Man, it sounds so pro. Ya'll can jam. It's crazy how well BIAB worked for what you are doing. The whole thing sounds great!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Warren Keller #486278 08/17/18 08:35 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow Warrenton that was awesome! I really love this stuff! I listend to this while driving down the highway (perfect for that). Great musicianship is on display here! Thanks, Torrey

Warren Keller #486281 08/17/18 08:47 AM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Very smooth. Had me boppin fro start to finish. Loved the instrumentation It all worked to my ears.

Dave

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,551
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199