Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
M
mc3997 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
M
Are there any good sounding free VST plugins for a grand piano, and bass for playing jazz? Or should I just be using the CoyoteWT thing that came with BIAB?

C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Newer versions of BIAB ship with Sampletank DXi and Sforzando Vst included. Both have better sounds than Coyote. There are some very good free Sforzando libraries available online. I particularly like Timbres of Heaven.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
D
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
How do you install new VST plugin sounds? I can't find any video or documentation. I have used the built in sounds for sforzando and they are better than the Coyote but it's quite a limited selection.

BIAB for Windows Version 2019 (643)
Windows 10 (1909)
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
Essentially you create a folder, place the VSTs inside the folder, then have your music programs scan the VST folder so the program "knows" the VST exists.

VSTs are in a transition period as version 2 VSTs are beginning their end-of-life cycle and version 3 VSTs are starting to become mature products so I have two VST folders with one named VST2 and the second named VST3.

Another issue is some VSTs are 32 bit while others are 64 bit. Band-in-a-Box and RealBand are 32 bit programs so they work with 32 bit VSTs or you need to purchase jBridge (it's about $10 US when you buy through PG Music) so the programs can use 64 bit VSTs.

So, in total you'll need four VST folders, two for 32/64 bit and two for VST2/VST3.

+++ VST Planet +++, +++ KVR Audio +++ and +++ VST 4 Free +++ are three locations that offer free VSTs.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
So, in total you'll need four VST folders, two for 32/64 bit and two for VST2/VST3.

For some, especially those with a small SSD bootdrive, it might be wise to install those folders elsewhere on a different drive. I have all plugins in a separate 'Plugins' folder, subdivided in 32 and 64 bit, (and BIAB elsewhere too). However the VST2/VST3 folders are better kept at the default 'Common Files' location in Programs Files and Program Files (x86), as the windows bookkeeping seeems only happy with that.

One sForzando Q: Where should one put the SoundFond files? Is there a default location, where f.i. the PG HQ piano's etc are located? F

Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: mc3997
Are there any good sounding free VST plugins for a grand piano, and bass for playing jazz? Or should I just be using the CoyoteWT thing that came with BIAB?

Hi.
An excellent free set of 32bit VSTi's are made by DSK Music with Piano' Sax' Strings' Bass' and more available.
Worth a try to see if it fits your needs.

http://www.dskmusic.com/

Regards
Brian

Brian Cadoret
BIAB 2024 Pro with BIAB2023 UltraPAK build 1111. Samplitude Pro X4 Suite. Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
Focusrite 2i2 Scarlett
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB

Veteran
Veteran
I have a Yamaha Midi Synth, (XG Lite?) that works and sounds amazing with Biab. It is also GM compatible and works across all tracks in Biab. No need to load a VST etc on each track.

The sounds are much better then Coyote, IMO. There is also a Cakewalk GM Synth called TTs-1 that also works and sounds great with Biab. It also works with all of the tracks as well.

I believe I once posted a link for the download of the Yamaha Synth here on the forum. Maybe you can locate it and see if the d/l is still available? It is free and sounds amazing.

Trax

Expert
Expert
Hi all
I posted a Yamaha XGlite vst on here some while back hears is a link to the post’
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=395043

and here is a link to my other post for the pat file pat file for BIAB so that you can get to the higher banks.
And also a Sona instrument definition file that I wrote to derive the pat from
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=395775#Post395775

Have fun
Mike

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Mike Head
Hi all ... I posted a Yamaha XGlite vst on here some while back hears is a link to the post’
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=395043 ...

Being curious i loaded the VST (Yamaha SGP2) ... sounds OK, but i cannot get a GUI like Coyote or Halion Sonic SE has to see what's loaded, as you stated, is there an alternative XGlite? i found the SYXG50, S-YXG50.dll , sounds the same, and as a slight GUI included showing channels .... F

Expert
Expert
Hi Fiddler

As I said in the top link

“Note: This VST has no GUIs so you'll need to operate the patch controls via virtual MIDI ports within your DAW.
No problem in BIAB as there is a built in PAT for a DGX 203-205 in the midi setting synth /sound card setting. THIS IS FOR THE XGLITE SET so that’s good enough to give you access to the upper banks by name."

Better still download my XGlite Pat from the second link.
All the voices including the higher banks can the be selected from the BIAB mixer pull down when you insert a midi voice, and it wont offer you the dgx panel voices that you don’t have in this vst
You can also make it you default vst in midi settings,
Mike

Expert
Expert
One sForzando Q: Where should one put the SoundFond files? Is there a default location, where f.i. the PG HQ piano's etc are located? F

??.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Mike. With the Biab .pat file, you can access all of the patches and there are some amazing sounds in it.

Especially, the Yamaha Electric/Acoustic Piano patches. It has the famous DX7 patch that others gave tried to emulate for 20+ years now.

Trax

Expert
Expert
Hi

Yes as you say Trax
Some nice voices, one I find useful is the piano and strings from the XG dark set lsb 040 , patch 000
This can be useful for saving you a midi track in BIAB as they are bit short in supply.
Played with care as the rise time of the strings is slower than the piano fast attack you only notice the strings on longer more legato notes, and have a longer decay time than the piano layer,
Another is the KSP piano as its name implies the piano Keyboard is Stereo Panned across the sound stage .
Just make sure you have your stereo channels the right way or you will get a reversed piano with the high notes appearing to come from the left as you play the keyboard lol
Pleased some more of you are now finding thia useful.
Enjoy
Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 08/13/18 11:02 AM.

M
mc3997 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
M
Thanks for all the replies. Will be looking into all these items!
EDIT: So I just downloaded Sforzando, only like 11mb download. When I open it, I just see one instrument called TableWarp2 Am I doing something wrong? Where are all the sounds that you speak of in Sforzando?

Last edited by mc3997; 08/13/18 12:15 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
sForzando is a 1 instrument synth.

Try the XGLite Mike linked instead; it acts more like a GM synth, which is what BiaB is based on and expecting.

sForzando requires multiple instances of the same synth (far as I know) so it is more complicated. A GM synth is much easier for most users.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Expert
Expert
Hi Fiddler

As I said in the top link

“Note: This VST has no GUIs so you'll need to operate the patch controls via virtual MIDI ports within your DAW.
No problem in BIAB as there is a built in PAT for a DGX 203-205 in the midi setting synth /sound card setting. THIS IS FOR THE XGLITE SET so that’s good enough to give you access to the upper banks by name."

Better still download my XGlite Pat from the second link.
All the voices including the higher banks can the be selected from the BIAB mixer pull down when you insert a midi voice, and it wont offer you the dgx panel voices that you don’t have in this vst
You can also make it you default vst in midi settings,
Mike
Done, and your XGlite sounds definitely better than the SYXG50.dll i posted ... thanks, F

M
mc3997 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
M
Hi all
I posted a Yamaha XGlite vst on here some while back hears is a link to the post’
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=395043

and here is a link to my other post for the pat file pat file for BIAB so that you can get to the higher banks.
And also a Sona instrument definition file that I wrote to derive the pat from
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=395775#Post395775

Have fun
Mike

Hi, I downloaded the xglite zip file, it's only 11mb, correct? I think I know what i'm supposed to do with that based on your instructions, but what about the .pat file? Are there any instructions on what to do with it? Do I need it?

Expert
Expert
Hi MC
Yes that is the correct file size.

The pat file will allow you to access the higher bank voices.
These are in addition to the basic xg midi voices in bank 000.like the extra pianos and things mentioned earlier.
You have to install it in Biab

If you don’t want to download there is already one in BIAB that you can use, the Yamaha dgx 303/305 just select from the midi set up screen by selecting it in the synthesizer / sound card in your midi settings screen.
Which will give you access to the high bank voices, but as it is for a full dgx keyboard it will offer you voices that you don’t have in this vst as well,

If you don’t feel you need the higher bank sounds (although they are good) you do not need a pat file at all. Then you will get the vst xg lite midi set only.

late edit extra info for BIAB 2018
BIAB PAT FILES
These are in c:\ bb data \ util \ synth kits.
New imports from third party sources should be copied into here.
To select one go via mixer midi higher bank from patch file
The current PAT is shown in the top border line
To select another select the open PAT box this will take you to the synth kits.that you have in the above folder chose from there.

Hope this helps
Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 08/15/18 12:50 AM.

M
mc3997 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
M
Hi MC
Yes that is the correct file size.

The pat file will allow you to access the higher bank voices.
These are in addition to the basic xg midi voices in bank 000.like the extra pianos and things mentioned earlier.

So you're saying these higher bank voices are contained in the 11mb file, but in order to access those, I need the pat file. I know how to install the vst, but how to install the pat?

Veteran
Veteran
A .PAT file is just a text file, so just download it and if needed copy it to where BIAB keeps many other .PAT files. There is no install; it works by selecting it within BIAB.

I’m not at a computer to tell you the exact location. Anyone?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Expert
Expert
Standard: C:\bb\Data\Util\Synth Kits\ -F

Veteran
Veteran
The sound fonts are OK (SFZ) but I found them to me just slightly better than a good midi piano. Note: I have stopped using SFZ because I have a few samples that are so much better and realistic sounding.

The better sounding ones, the ones with multiple layers are the ones that are going to cost you some money. BUT.... if you're a keyboard player, investing in good quality piano samples should be a given.

I like the inexpensive sampled pianos in the old Cakewalk Sound Center and also some of the Native Instruments stuff. Ivory Piano, wehich I don't have but have heard, also rocks. When you can put some headphones on and listen, and really wonder if that was a real piano or is it sampled..... now that's a good piano. SFZ isn't even close to that.

If you don't need something played exactly, as in, can it jam to the tune or does it require specific notes..... Real Tracks pianos in Real Band and BB can do that and they sound really good. But if you need a specific set of notes played..... you'll need a good midi synth with samples.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 08/15/18 10:30 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Veteran
Veteran
You can select the .pat file Dgx 303 or Dgx 305 in Biab and it will ALSO allow you to access the upper banks in the XGLite GM synth. Click on the Midi button displayed with the midi plug "icon" (2nd row and 2nd from last in the main Biab screen) and click midi/audio driver set up there.

A box will open and under synthesizer/soundcard you scroll down and can select either the DGX or XG Generic in that box. Once you have selected them, Biab should ask if you want to install the .DK (drumkit) set up for the XGLite synth you are using.

****Note****
You select this installation AFTER you have installed the XGLite Synth.

Once those are installed, you can THEN access and select the higher banked patches in Biab. If you want to save your settings, don't forget to save song with patches etc . . .

Trax

Veteran
Veteran
Biab is an amazing tool to compose music with. Once you have learned the few basic (chord settings,bar settings, harmony function etc) entry options, you will understand and HEAR the difference during a style/song playback.

The rests, pushes, harmony select in bar settings give you EXACT control of whatever track(s) you are trying to accomplish in Biab. They are very powerful tools and learning curve, but once you get the jist of how to enter/operate them in Biab, you will be making backing tracks/songs in NO time.

Trax

Expert
Expert
Hi Muzic Trax

Yes indeed you can use the dgx file supplied in Biab as I said in my post.
But as it is for a full Yamaha DGX keyboard it will offer you a few voices that you don’t have in the vst that I posted .like some of the internal dgx voices that are sent from the DGX panel buttons..
This is why I made a dedicated XGlite pat for you,
However the vst is fairly tolerant and if it does not recognize the msb / lsb it will fall through to lsb 000 and give you the basic xg / gm voice for the patch. So you should get a basic voice from the same family say piano for patch 000 001. choir for patch 000 53 etc.
So you may not notice.
Have fun
Mike

M
mc3997 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
M
Originally Posted By: Muzic Trax
The rests, pushes, harmony select in bar settings give you EXACT control of whatever track(s) you are trying to accomplish in Biab. They are very powerful tools and learning curve, but once you get the jist of how to enter/operate them in Biab, you will be making backing tracks/songs in NO time.

Trax

I disagree, at least with the "real tracks," we have found that the jazz piano players are way to busy. There's no way to make them just splash the chords evenly. I've seen other posts on this forum that said the same thing. From what I was told, the only way to get control is by using MIDI and the stylemaker to edit what the piano player does during the measure. But I'm having a hard enough time just trying to get the MIDI working. It's a shame everything moved to software synths and got so complicated to the point it can't be used unless you're a guru.

M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
For many versions of BB I was able to use the Roland Cake TTS-1 but for some reason BB refuses to recognize it. It says it's not a valid 32 bit plugIn. It always worked. I will try it in realband and see if I can get it to work. Any ideas? about how to get it back working. I hate Cyote my soundcard sounds better than it.

Veteran
Veteran
TTS-1 works fine here. How are you loading it? TTS-1 is a DXi, not a VSTi synth, so it gets registered as a DXi in the registry and just appears as a plugin in BIAB and RealBand. You do not go out and try to load the .DLL file like you do with other VST/VSTi's.

Also, if you (for example) recently re-installed Windows and applications and only installed the 64-bit version of TTS-1, that's not going to work either. You have to install one of the 32-bit versions of the Cakewalk DAW's to get the 32-bit version of TTS-1.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
Does BandLab even issue the 64 bit version of Sonar. I only installed the 64bit version so I need to reinstall Sonar again with the 32 bit version? I have all the files I think. Thanks

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jford

Also, if you (for example) recently re-installed Windows and applications and only installed the 64-bit version of TTS-1, that's not going to work either. You have to install one of the 32-bit versions of the Cakewalk DAW's to get the 32-bit version of TTS-1.

what John said.

You need to install a 32-bit version of CAKEWALK/SONAR/MUSIC CREATOR applications to get the 32-bit TTS-1 - that is not a BIAB issue. And be aware that the new free Cakewalk by Bandlab is ONLY 64-bit and will ONLY install 64-bit TTS-1 an overwrites the the 32-bit DXi file that was in the shared folder.

see this old thread (applies to ANY 32-bit install of Sonar or Music Creator)

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=282967&Searchpage=1&Main=40443&Words=TTS-1&Search=true#Post282967

Good Luck
Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Veteran
Veteran
a better link to the syxg50.dll is

http://veg.by/en/projects/syxg50/

otherwise you're chasing the Yamaha site in Japaneses only not to find it.

that 7zip file in the above link contains two files the .dll and an HTML it's just a GM VSTi .dll so use it like any other. The html is a readme, and at this point just a historicla noce to know, but if you aren't a geek, don't read it! it will confuse you and make you think you need other files - YOU DO NOT - all you need is the .dll

(I have a Monatge7 so I spend a lot of time on various Yama sites - and even in English they are a lot of clicks to get nowhere)

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: methodman
For many versions of BB I was able to use the Roland Cake TTS-1 but for some reason BB refuses to recognize it. It says it's not a valid 32 bit plugIn. It always worked. I will try it in realband and see if I can get it to work. Any ideas? about how to get it back working. I hate Cyote my soundcard sounds better than it.
Maybe you can use Jbridge to get it working?

Expert
Expert
Or get this one? Sounds quite good IMO: Halion Sonic SE3 FREE PS there's an update too, but i think you'll have to register for download. As it's 64 bit you'll need jBridge for BIAB; on my system Halion 3 SE (paid version, more sounds) loads automatically as jBridge 32bit conversion. Once addressed in BIAB as default synth, it's IMO still one of the best sounding GM2 VSTs; note that in Halion's options you'll have to set it to GM-mode at Program Changes. See picture. It remembers the setting made here OK for BIAB. PS XGlite comes close, but Halion SE has some sounds done quite better, and has a proper interface showing available sounds by name on the GUI.

Tested quite a few GM VSTs in the past, Coyote Full, Edirol, Cakewalk, also paid for Sampletank Omnisynth2, then turned back to Hypersonic (Steinberg) for ease of use and sounds. All paid versions. The one above IMO is the best choice for BIAB, and its free to boot.

PS: As i bought Halion 6 i still have a license for a full, thus not the cheaper educational version, of Halion 5 for sale. Also with a Halion SE version and GM2 on board; PM me if interested, and you'll need a Steinberg Dongle to run it. THIS ONE is still 32bit and 64bit. - F

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Halion SE.jpg (177.4 KB, 70 downloads)
Expert
Expert
Does the free download include the sounds, I cannot get it to do anything or see/hear any instruments.

Help Please.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .

Expert
Expert
To whom are you talking? the installer has the sounds included, usually installs them in C:\Users\--LOGIN NAME--\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content as VSTsound files. Do any thing ?? is it showing the GUI? You need jBridge to get it to create a 32bit dll for BIAB to work with. Or try to find a (free) Halion Sonic 2 SE. I'm not sure if there ever was one. Should look like picture in the post above.

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
Maybe you can use Jbridge to get it working?

You can't use jbridge with the TTS-1 because jbridge is just for VST/VSTi's, not DX/DXi's.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
Veteran
SampleTank 3 for $25 USD

Not exactlly free, but kind of a no-brainer buy if you are looking for a broad selection of sounds.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos/?item_id=14778

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Expert
Expert
fiddler I opened it on the stand alone and I have the Gui just no sounds to pick or see..?.

Do I have to direct it to the sounds or,../.?.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: jford
You can't use jbridge with the TTS-1 because jbridge is just for VST/VSTi's, not DX/DXi's.
Halion Sonic SE3 has a 64bit VST dll somewhere, on my system here: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\HALion Sonic .. on my system jBridge converts is automatically, but you could manually convert it to a .32.dll. Convert it and look that one up in BIABs default synth settings.
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
fiddler I opened it on the stand alone and I have the Gui just no sounds to pick or see..?.
Do I have to direct it to the sounds or,../.?.
Look in the library (searching option) settings, you'll have to find the .VSTsound files then manually, totally i guess around 2GB, but the installation should work automatically really. Tricks how to get to them thus to load automatically by addressing the files via shortcuts at the appropriate location in C:/Users etc.

I posted this on a Steinberg forum regarding missing Halion file finding errors:
Quote:
Install your VSTsound files in one folder, f.i in a VSTsound folder on anohter drive.
The installers usually put them here: C:\Users\-USER NAME-\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content
Do a search too, there might be other places ....
Move them all from there to the new location ....
Make shortcuts inside that new location after the move.
Move all the newlymade shortcuts back to C:\Users\-USER NAME-\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content.
Your errors should be gone ....
-F

Expert
Expert
fiddler ???

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,647
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 194