Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BlueAttitude #486471 08/18/18 10:25 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave and Christiane,

We completely agree with Floyd's first remark: Extraordinary!
Such great music and such beautiful vocals.
Top Notch.

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

BlueAttitude #486479 08/18/18 10:41 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Brilliant singing, playing awesome guitar work just pro stuff .

And great lyrics to boot.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Scott C #486561 08/19/18 02:44 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Dave and Chris this is a very cool song. Very different from the last couple of song you have done. Chris vocal was so good. Excellent piano work as well. I listened the song a couple of times. I think Dave (GocartMoz) hit the nail on the head with the Gary Moore vibe on your guitar solo. Slow and lingering notes with such a cool vibrato. Each song you do seems to top the last. Tough to do as they have been all so good. I am a fan

Thanks very much, Scott! I'm a fan of your work also.

HearToLearn #486566 08/19/18 02:55 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
DAY-UM! That was really awesome. I'm not kidding either. The drums, the vocals....and THAT guitar. I will be listening to this over and over. I love the tones you are creating and the feel is out of this world!

SMH

I'm happy you liked the drum track, especially seeing as you are a real drummer, I had lots of fun building it.

And of course thanks for the positive comments on the guitar and vocal smile

BlueAttitude #486568 08/19/18 02:57 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Dave and Christine !:))

What a lovely blues by you
and what a sweet bluesy vocal
by christine ! Can´t become
much better than that !!!

Cheers
Dani

PeterF #486691 08/19/18 12:58 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Dave & Chris

Superb! Love the song - everything is pro. Great kick off to the solo and wonderful tone.
The vocals were lovely.
Top class blues.

Peter

Thanks Peter! smile

Muzic Trax #486791 08/20/18 08:09 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Muzic Trax
Absolutely loved this ! Perfection start to finish. Bravo !!

Trax

Thanks, Trax! smile

Al-David #486792 08/20/18 08:12 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Originally Posted By: GocartMoz
Love the guitar solo tone. Very reminiscent of Gary Moore. Very strong. I can't pick out anything to complain about. Well done.

Dave

Took the words right out of my mouth. A female Gary Moore on vox and Gary himself on lead guitar. We lost a good pone when he died in Spain. This is so well done in every possible way.

Simply fabulous! This is one great song and production. WOW, over and over. Wish I could come up with all the accolades it deserves. However many of them there are, this deserves every one of them.

I could blabber on forever how good this is, but I think you have figured out I like it so danged much!

Best to both of you.

ALan

Man, if I was a tenth as good as Gary Moore was I would be a happy guy. He was something else!

Thanks very much, Alan, I really appreciate those kind words smile

MarioD #486793 08/20/18 08:13 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
This probably your best to date. Great vocal! Super piano and mix. Couple that with that great guitar part and you have a winner.

Both of you should be very proud of this one.

Thanks, Mario!

Greg Johnson #486795 08/20/18 08:18 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris,

EXTRAORDINARY!

Excellent Rock write. Chris' best vocal yet (and they have all been excellent lately). I really like the processing on it.

Nice piano. Opened the song well.

The drums ROCK. Great sound.

Dave - your solos on this are goose-bumpily! LOVED 'em!

I thought the guitar hits in the last part were a little "too crisp" - could be a bit "warmer" (Everything else about them is good - they work).

This is excellent!

fj

Agree with all of that!! As much as I love your straight blues, this one which is a bit more crossover is my FAVORITE!! And, I can honestly say I've never heard a tastier guitar part in my life.....absolutely PERFECT!!! Take care. Greg

We started out doing it as a straight blues but it was sounding quite similar to a song we had done a couple of years ago so we switched it up to make it more of a ballad feel.

Thanks, Greg!

Robertkc #487012 08/20/18 11:38 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave & Chris,
A big WOW! Much as I like Chris` more abstract lyrics, the more accessible ones here are such a good vehicle for her voice... the whole thing just smokes,,, even before the guitar solo!
Right up there with the best you`ve produced.

Robert

Thanks, Robert! smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Really well done! A great song through and through. Really catchy, a great groove, and a amazing vocal performance. Just a great tune - it hits all the boxes for me in terms of what makes a good rock song.

Not a thing I'd change on this one - be proud! Thanks for sharing smile

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
The lyrics seem really poetic, and I like the choices you made for accompanying instruments. Awesome job. Has a really nice groove to it as the song picks up. Thanks for sharing!

Always great to hear from PGmusic staff, thanks Deryk and Ember!

cliftond #487014 08/20/18 11:40 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: cliftond
THis is some gooooood stuff !!!, Excellent vocal on this, actually brilliant vocal on this. The music is top notch. CLiff

Thanks for the listen and comment, Cliff, I appreciate it!

BlueAttitude #487139 08/21/18 10:54 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Sounds wonderful!

Love the grit in the vocal on the refrain "these days to come"

and the guitar soloing is outstanding

I listened to both versions and I think I hear the kick and snare clearer on the soundcloud version.

Very glad I stopped to listen. Thanks for sharing.

Noel96 #487294 08/22/18 05:51 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris,

EXTRAORDINARY!

Excellent Rock write. Chris' best vocal yet (and they have all been excellent lately). I really like the processing on it.

Nice piano. Opened the song well.

The drums ROCK. Great sound.

Dave - your solos on this are goose-bumpily! LOVED 'em!

I thought the guitar hits in the last part were a little "too crisp" - could be a bit "warmer" (Everything else about them is good - they work).

This is excellent!

fj

Dave and Chris,

After listening, I was speechless. This is so incredibly good on every possible level. To get my brain back into order, I started reading through the comments. When I got to floyd, he said EVERYTHING that I thought. I had to quote him.

You've done yourselves really, really proud with this one. You handled that laid-back 12/8 feel with pizzazz!

All the best,
Noel

Thanks, Noel, I really appreciate that smile

44kfl #487295 08/22/18 05:55 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Strong song!

loved it, guitar solo just sounds awesome

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny! Always great to hear from a fellow guitarist smile

dcuny #487297 08/22/18 05:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Slow burning, with a great build. Excellent mix.

All the good adjectives have been taken, so: what they said.

Yes, the idea was to slowly build the intensity with each verse and then climax during the bridge, thanks for noticing!

And thanks for the comments on the mix too, spent quite a few hours over a couple of days working on it smile

BlueAttitude #487298 08/22/18 06:06 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
At this point any accolades that we offer will be redundant...but we're gonna do it anyway smile

- The build is very, very effective.

- The write is everything the tunes needs and nothing it doesn't. Classy.

- The guitar work is both scorching and super tasteful.

- The piano sits in perfectly. The first few notes were to us gospel tinged. Maybe Aretha is on our mind. Love it all.

- The vocal is outstanding (and so well processed)...hard to imagine anybody else doing this.

Oh yeah, there are the drums..wowzer. EVERYTHING just smolders...mix is tremendous on our monitors.

J&B

BlueAttitude #487310 08/22/18 07:19 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
DAVE!!!

This made me sweat, brother. So glad you've found some vocalists too, since the old days. Chris can freakin' sing. Well put-together song, sounds great, and feels great.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
jannesan #487411 08/23/18 01:00 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Simple arrangement carry the beautiful vocals nicely. Haunting melancholy lyrics, Eagles-like chording and Gary Moore guitar solo make this a great ballad. Interestingly no chorus, but that makes only the bridge more effective.

Janne

Well, for a blues song simple is always best IMHO. If you try and get too clever with the arrangement it's no longer blues.

Thanks for the listen and comment smile

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195