Go To
#486012 08/15/18 11:40 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
For those who would be interested, this may be some really great news. smile

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I was interested and his very first line was about being in the back seat with a girl. Even though the context was a memory.....He’s 69 years old. I chose not to listen any further and will pretend he didn’t record this album. Btw I’m a huge Journey fan.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
I was interested and his very first line was about being in the back seat with a girl. Even though the context was a memory.....He’s 69 years old. I chose not to listen any further and will pretend he didn’t record this album. Btw I’m a huge Journey fan.

wow. I guess I don't understand what age would have to do with that.

Last edited by HearToLearn; 08/15/18 02:06 PM.

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
It just seems kind of creepy and gross, and frankly disappointing. One would hope that the decades of silence would have resulted in something a little deeper than that lyrically.

This is coming from someone who feels that he had THE best voice in rock of all time. I was listening to a Journey greatest hits compilation over the weekend and thought to myself “there is no voice that sounds quite like his did, and what a great pop-rock writing team Schon and Cain turned out to be with Steve putting the icing on the cake. My teenage kids love Journey and every teen in our town knows the words to “Don’t Stop Believin”, which I honestly believe would not have been a hit without his voice singing it.

Edited to add this link of other famous singers and musicians born in 1949. Imagine any of these folks releasing their first recording in 20+ years and the first leaked song starts out recollecting back seat adventures.
http://patheticfacts.com/famous-musicians-born-in-1949.html

Last edited by rockstar_not; 08/15/18 02:39 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Not quite as bad for me. You could tell he was stretching his voice a bit on the chorus and there's a little raspiness added to his voice when comparing to his old stuff, expected. Recording tracks is one thing and live touring is another. I'm not sure his voice could handle a tour at this point in his life. I still like him though. The Steve Perry days have always been my favorite part of Journey although I've seen them many times since.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Ow wow, Caaron, I see it's you and me now dude.

Don't Stop Feeling
by Caaron and David
PG Music Forum Song of the Year

Oooooooh!
Don't stop--feelin'!
Yeah, keep on--feelin'!!!
Feelin'.....
in the back of your car!!
Keep on--feelin'!!
Feelin' and believin'!!!
One day
You're gonna be a star!!!!!

Ooaaaaooooh yeah!!!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

All right man, that's it, I'll send you the files tonight and you can start working it up and gettin' ready to do those vox.

This is gonna be our break man.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
It just seems kind of creepy and gross, and frankly disappointing. One would hope that the decades of silence would have resulted in something a little deeper than that lyrically.

This is coming from someone who feels that he had THE best voice in rock of all time. I was listening to a Journey greatest hits compilation over the weekend and thought to myself “there is no voice that sounds quite like his did, and what a great pop-rock writing team Schon and Cain turned out to be with Steve putting the icing on the cake. My teenage kids love Journey and every teen in our town knows the words to “Don’t Stop Believin”, which I honestly believe would not have been a hit without his voice singing it.

Edited to add this link of other famous singers and musicians born in 1949. Imagine any of these folks releasing their first recording in 20+ years and the first leaked song starts out recollecting back seat adventures.
http://patheticfacts.com/famous-musicians-born-in-1949.html

All good. I was just clarifying. I get your point. It would have been much cooler if the lyrical content would have been different.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Not quite as bad for me. You could tell he was stretching his voice a bit on the chorus and there's a little raspiness added to his voice when comparing to his old stuff, expected. Recording tracks is one thing and live touring is another. I'm not sure his voice could handle a tour at this point in his life. I still like him though. The Steve Perry days have always been my favorite part of Journey although I've seen them many times since.

I was actually surprised he had the range he did. I heard a clip of him doing a few songs with some band and they lowered the songs (if I remember correctly).

Still an amazing tone.

As far as tour, I'm not sure if I'm hoping he does or doesn't. I don't feel I would want to hear lowered versions of the songs if it would be that. I'm a big fan of him; but was an even bigger fan of him with Journey.

If he would tour, I'm guessing it would be very limited dates. Maybe I would have time to check out some live clips before buying tickets. wink

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Ow wow, Caaron, I see it's you and me now dude.

Don't Stop Feeling
by Caaron and David
PG Music Forum Song of the Year

Oooooooh!
Don't stop--feelin'!
Yeah, keep on--feelin'!!!
Feelin'.....
in the back of your car!!
Keep on--feelin'!!
Feelin' and believin'!!!
One day
You're gonna be a star!!!!!

Ooaaaaooooh yeah!!!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

All right man, that's it, I'll send you the files tonight and you can start working it up and gettin' ready to do those vox.

This is gonna be our break man.

There is NO way we could fail with that! NONE. wink

Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I'm a little underwhelmed by this, not going to lie - I'm hopeful the next ones will be better! His voice isn't as good as it used to be, but he's also much older than he was when he recorded "Don't Stop Believing." His voice is good nonetheless - all around I think I'm just not a big fan of the song itself. There's much worse out there, and I'm still hopeful smile

Cheers,
Deryk
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hmn, not quite what I was expecting. I have to say I am a little disappointed in this song. I guess I expected something more? Oh well, they can't all be winners!

Cheers,
Ember
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
rockstar_not,

I entirely get what your saying. Country singer Luke Bryan has a song called M-O-V-E that I feel the same way about. The song itself is infectious but one line ruins the song every time I hear it and the line is repeated MANY times. It's something like "and girl you're so d*mn hot".

Best guess I can come up with is the songwriter was lazy. I will say this though, coarse language presently seems to be in vogue, same with tattoos and piercings.

Different times, different standards.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Resurfacing this thread after listening to an interview with Steve Perry on the Sodajerker songwriting podcast.

Steve admits in the podcast that his songwriting inspiration is his high school years.

What is really confusing, is that a bunch of the podcast talks about the relationship he had with a PhD psychologist for many years, all while knowing from the very beginning that she was riddled with cancer. It was very moving.

Steve - WRITE ABOUT THAT!

For those interested in listening to the podcast - which I recommend you do as it's all about songwriting - here's the URL for the episode:

https://www.sodajerker.com/episode-126-steve-perry/

For those from the UK - can you tell me where the hosts are from based on their accents? It's from somewhere that the accent has rising tone on the end of every sentence; like most people do when asking a question.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
After listening, if I don't know who this was and you asked me to guess my first guess would probably be some Rod Stewart demo song that never made an album. I don't think its a very good song, but certainly beats my own songwriting skills.
Either way, regardless of singer, writer, band, recording, etc,... If I look at it on a song for the song itself basic it's all mediocre in the scope of pop rock hits. I'm not trying to minimize a true vocal legend and a unique one at that. But, it sure would have been nice if they called me to sing back ground and play guitar on it. (wishful thinking)
Seams to me his vibrato tends to bend below and back up to pitch quite a lot. I'm 53 and I am often practicing to prevent excessive vibrato in my own voice. Seams my most common technique is to not hold notes very long.
Anyway, it is good to see older musicians out there still hitting it and giving it their best. Well, except for the Oak Ridge Boys. Those guys would do well to stay off of stages. But, then again, maybe one day I'll be planning my own "I Shouldn't Still Be Alive Tour".

Does the noise in your head bother me ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195