Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
[Link no longer valid]

This song is based off the template of the Beatles song "A Day In The Life" hence the title "A Day In The Light" although the melody and chord structure are totally different. It is something I will continue to work on. It's a long song for me. I usually keep them around 3:00 minutes but this type song with the dream sequence in it requires some time. Thanks to those who hang in there and listen. I asked David Snyder to supply some key lyrics for this and he came through. Since we collaborated here we will fly this under the Peebles banner. It's about someone who's lost most of the joy of life and is looking to escape most of the pressures he faces. Thanks for the listen. I appreciate it!

BIAB
Bass - 700 Electric PopHalfNotes Push EV85
Bass - 2749 Electric Rock Shuffle
Cello - 1856 Background Pop Country Ev85
Drums - Country Pop Ballad
Drums - Rock Hard Shuffle
Guitar - 1814 Finger Picking Celtic Air EV85
Guitar - 2916 Rhythm Country Folk 8ths Brent EV85
Guitar - 2753 Electric Rhythm Rock Heavy Shuffle
Guitar - 2750 Electric Rhythm Rock Heavy Shuffle
Piano - 2825 Piano, Acoustic Rhythm Country Pop Mike 12key EV85
Strings - 2058 Rhythm Celtic Air

Me
Vocals
Electric Guitar Rhythm and Lead
Synths

A Day In The Light
Copyright 2018 Torrey Bliss and David Snyder
You were young and had so many dreams
To end up in a better place
Broken promises just made you weep
It’s sad how they all drifted away
You remember days so full of light
But now survive from day to day
While being pulled at from every side
Your wishing that someone could ease your pain
‘Cause you’re slipping away more and more each day
You feel there’s only only one thing left to do
To do
You just want to go and hide away
You’re so weary from the struggle of this night
Don’t they know there’s nothing left to give
Don’t they know how hard you’ve tried
If you could just find a way
To your secret hideaway
Now the only time you find real peace
Is when you’re dreaming in the night
It’s your escape from life’s realities
It’s when you’re feeling happy and alive
You wish your dreams could go on and on and on and on
But always end and then the morning comes
Oh it will come
You just want to go and hide away
You’re so weary from the struggle of this night
Don’t they know there’s nothing left to give
Don’t they know how hard you’ve tried
If you could just find a way
To that secret hideaway
I hear the church bells ringing
The birds are singing
Another day here in the light
Don’t interrupt this feeling
I know that I’m dreaming
Don’t send me back there to the night
In this place I’m seeing
Everything I believe in
Another day here in the light
If I could only take it back with me
A lovely day here in the light

You wake up to the morning sun
Your gonna give it one more try
And reach up to the only one
Who’ll help you walk a day in the light

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 08/26/20 11:08 AM.

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Well done Torrey Bliss! I admired the overall vibe on this. I also found this very easy to listen and I really dug the chord progression. Excellent use of effects on the vocals too. Great work!

Cheers,
Joe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A really well arranged & performed piece.
I rather wish you'd not mentioned the Beatles in the explanation as it set up unnecessary expectations.
The slightly country melody works a treat with main part of the song and the divergence is really cool - almost a song of its own.
Strong vocals throughout - very cool stuff.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is a great Beatles-like pop song, the dream sequence is also nice surprise in its own style which reminds me of Jellyfish and MIKA. Excellent vocals, arrangement and mix. Touching lyrics to which I can relate to, I also wish that many dreams would just go on and on.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Yes!!! You're pushing the boundaries and I love it! I'm a big believer in mimicry as a stepping-stone to new directions. Well done and Bravo!!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Torrey

Wonderful work. Some very nice vocal melodies and harmonies and top quality musicianship.
The boundaries were indeed pushed.
Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Awesome vocal Torrey. Loved the lyric. Super collaboration. Excellent harmonies. Cool changeup in the middle

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Torrey,

This is excellent! And very creative.

Love the middle bit and the way you transition in and out of it, very cool!

Well done, enjoyed the listen!

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Really nice work on this one smile You can really feel the Beatles influence on this one, which is certainly not a bad thing. Man, that change up around 3:15 was fantastic! A Day In The Life is a personal favourite of mine by them, and this is a gorgeous homage.

Great job, and thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is such a very beautiful song and the transition to another style gives more of a Beatles vibe. I simply love it!!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A Super Big WOW on this one!

Very ambitious. And successful on that...

A spectacular piece of music (or pieces as it were).

Well put together, terrific mix, a great listen.

Extraordinary.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Super song guys!

very Tears for Fears!

Kenny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is very cool -three songs in one, and the way you transition is a lesson in itself.
There`s a journey told in the lyrics that matches the feel of each part and Torrey`s Beatles knowledge is on fine display.
The coda is excellent!
Well done Peebles.

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks so much Joe for the kind words! I appreciate it! T

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Torrey & David,

What a great collab! The transitions between song parts is fabulous - so well done. Listen from beginning to end and every measure had me mesmerized. Great lyric, arrangement and production. terrific vocals, Torrey!

A big tip of the hat to both of you - this is super cool!

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Another Peebles classic!! Should definitely be a first cut on A or B side of MEET THE PEEBLES. Amazing how well you guys captured the essence of the sound. The drums are so RINGO, and the changes are just right! I think I may be afflicted with...........wait for it........Peeblemania!!! Great stuff guys!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks Greg. I am going to say this is all the genius of Torrey but there will be some John Lennon cuts coming out here under the Peebles banner soon. You know, the weird stuff.

smile

That being said, with the launch of the Peebles, I think Paul McCartney, unfortunately, will be shown holding up two fingers, not one, since the number one spot is surely going to go to, well:

The Peebles.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Oh wow Torrey, I tip my hat to you! Tremendous work. By now you know I only work on instrumentals, but my favorite rock group of all times were the Beatles, and this have their vibe for sure. heck of a vocals thru out.
Thanks

Mike B.

Music should be part of your life
http://www.soundclick.com/blackcatjazzcafeband
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
rayc, thanks for listening and commenting, I always appreciate it! I felt that I needed to state right up front where the inspiration for this tune came from. It’s the least that one could do. Although I did say that the melody and chord structure were totally different. I just meant that the song was designed in a similar fashion, starting slow,and then evolving through a dreamlike state and then back again. Thanks, T

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Janne! I always appreciate the fact that you seem to "get" what I'm trying to do in these songs! Thanks, T

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,463
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195