Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
That tutorial was about ccreating our own RealDrums, not RealTracks.

Yes, there is a (rather big) difference.

--Mac

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Vince, i understand what you want, AS far as GUI and workflow goes, there are as many opinions there as there are users. What one likes another hates. The thing works, and that is the good point. To your point of adding A full on DAW to BiaB, is simple not a reasonable point IMHO. BiaB is not a DAW, and never was intended to be, hence the reason they have had Powertracks, and now RB in the mix. From my understanding it is separate for a couple main reasons. 1. BiaB is designed to build arrangements quickly for both accompaniment and creation. and 2. The DAW work is left to RB and PT, and with the addition of BiaB features to RB that is the way they are offering what you ask for.

Now with the ability to drop and drag from BiaB and RB, you have what you ask for. But adding a full on DAW to BiaB would be make a swiss army knife out of it, and we all know those are cute and sometimes useful, they are never much good at anything one thing in particular.

My vote would always to let BiaB be what it is, and leave the heavy DAW lifting to a true DAW. There is no shortage of those, and BiaB even will drop and drag to those as well.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
My needs in BIAB are rather simple and straightforward. As new upgrades become available, I'd like to be able to audition very good demos on the web site, then be able to customize my order with differential pricing for new styles and Real Tracks. I've upgraded each time and wind up with a lot of styles (and now more RTs) that I won't use. That's because of my market for live play, which is primarily oldies and light, easy jazz tunes. I've nothing against techno, hard rock, ethnic, etc.., it's just not my thing. So, I'd rather not have all that installed. Maybe one option would be to deinstall those items not used. But, someone said when you do that the names of the titles of the styles and RTs remain in place. If that's accurate, how about the ability to remove those, too? Another wish of mine (unless it's there and I can't find it) is a clear-cut template that would allow the user to set volume levels of particular instruments between the A and B variations. In my case, it's mainly drum volumes. It seems that on many styles the B variation comes in with a hard snare back beat that stands out too much for my tastes. I look for substitute patterns or try to use brushes as much as possible. I'd like to see something that says "Variation A drums play at 90." "Variation B drums play at 80." And at my age, and lack of interest in such, I'm not getting into editing the drum kit. I take everything as it is and go with it. Most of the time it's an excellent result. Very pleased with 2010.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I would like Real Bass to have the ability to play Pedal Bass on beats 2 and 4, so I wouldn't have to use midi bass. Later, Ray

Last edited by raymb1; 12/29/09 06:43 AM.

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

I would like Real Bass to have the ability to play Pedal Bass on beats 2 and 4, so I wouldn't have to use midi bass. Later, Ray

A different note other than root on bass for one beat and one chord doth not a Pedal Tone maketh.

Try using Slash chords on those beats.

For example, if you want the Dominant to be the Pedal, in C:

|C,F/G C, F/G|

--Mac

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I meant having for example, a G played on beats 2 and 4, with many different chords played on top. The "C7" button in the tool bar calls this a pedal point, whether it's technically correct or not, I'll leave that for others to discuss. All I know is that I can't use that function with Real Bass. Later, Ray

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
We are still limited to only 4 chords per bar. So if you want different chords over the G bass, simply type them in there above the slash. Or am I missing something here?

--Mac

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I need for example, a G bass note on beat 2 and on beat 4. Beats 1 and 3 would have no bass note. The chord could be anything. The back beat bass I can get with midi bass using the "C7" button, but not with Real Bass. Later, Ray

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Try this as it works here with midi and RTs:
C.dpgs,C/G C.dpgs,C/G

As I said it works however you may not like the four on the floor chords that it plays.

The only other way I know to do this is with two passes through a sequencer. Pass one save the song without a bass line. Pass two change the bass line to something like I described above but only save the bass line. Merge the two saved parts in your sequencer.

Good luck.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
To do the 'two passes through the sequencer' method, remember that BIAB 2010 now has freeze track capability. You can write the song with one set of chords, play and freeze it, and drag those tracks into a sequencer. Then change the chords and produce a second bass track to work with. By so doing, you should be able to produce whatever pedal bass you want.

Another thing to remember is, if you are working just with MIDI bass, the bass track can now be frozen and edited, so you can write exactly what you want for the bass and it won't be regenerated upon Play or song reload.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I can get the midi bass to play on 2 and 4 already, like in the last 6 bars of Foggy Day by using the "C7" button. I would just like the same capability for Real Bass, like PG just did for shots and pushes. Later, Ray

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,608
Posts735,037
Members38,515
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon
38,515 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186