Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#495405 - 10/12/18 09:02 AM [Off-Topic] The Farm..... (video)
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

This is a collection of pictures and video clips from the farm. It chronicles the two plus years since we bought this property. The house you see had a lady living in it when we bought it. She lived in it with 8 dogs and was down to 2 when we came into the picture. The place was disgusting as you can see in the pics. The odor was unfathomable. The only option was to burn it and start fresh. She filled the U-Haul you see and 2 construction sized dumpsters 8'w x 5'h x 20'l and I still had 10 pickup trucks of trash to carry off.

Approx 28 wooded acres and a cabin. It had been run down and was in bad shape. Some of you have seen pictures I've posted in the past, but my goal was to put them into a video. So... set back and take a journey with us.

https://youtu.be/kUP5Lkuy2ic

Interestingly.... I did this entire video on my phone. Easiest video I ever did.

Edited by Guitarhacker (10/12/18 09:05 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#495409 - 10/12/18 09:18 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Guitarhacker]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Awesome Herb! I see you used PowerDirector too. That's my video editor of choice.

Really well produced video mixed with your music I loved it!

Nice to see the overall progress since you've been there too, I think I loved watching the animals most. This especially includes your shepherd and of course the baby goat and donkey's relationship, LOL.

So was that outdoor firepit made from the chimney of the old house? I was curious.

Love the studio progress too, keep us updated on that.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#495414 - 10/12/18 09:53 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Guitarhacker]
beatmaster Offline
Journeyman

Wow Blessed you are, That was fantastic, the change in the buildings and the land not to mention the work you and yours must have put in to that.

Was this the last two years recently, if so you really put me to shame.
I've been telling my good lady that I will start to decorate my hall for two month now and yes you guessed it , not even started yet.

The animals like was stated above are absolutely the stars, and they are all yours ?.

Honestly brilliant stuff you have inspired me, now off to do that hall.

#495416 - 10/12/18 10:03 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Mike Head Online   content
Journeyman

Hi

Wow what an incredible journey and so satisfying an achievement .
You seemed to have found your heaven on earth there in Gods 22 acres .
Enjoy every moment that you have worked so hard for.
How you found time for your music and the forum in all this is mystery to me.
Thank you for posting such a heart warming video,
So good that you feel you can share this personal journey with us.
My very best regards,
Mike

Edited by Mike Head (10/12/18 10:08 AM)

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#495417 - 10/12/18 10:05 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Guitarhacker]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: Midwest
This is awesome Herb. So many reasons to feel blessed. The "other residents" made me laugh...and I so understand that. It's amazing to see how far that has come.

--The wedding was beautiful!--

Good for you man! I'm happy you have been living such a blessed life. smile

Side note, I love the band Kutless, so you grabbed me RIGHT away!

Stay blessed!

#495419 - 10/12/18 10:26 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: sslechta]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: sslechta

So was that outdoor firepit made from the chimney of the old house? I was curious.

Parts of the foundation and the metal that holds things up were from the old house. I bought the blocks to complete it. That chimney liner sticking out the top was also from the old house. It was in the yard used as a table base at the back door of the house. You can see it briefly beside the red hand truck in the first few pics

The studio and office are done and functional

#495420 - 10/12/18 10:28 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: beatmaster]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: beatmaster

The animals like was stated above are absolutely the stars, and they are all yours ?.

Most are... I think the only one not mine is the black lab (Cooper) playing with my Shepherd Lilly. Coop belongs to my daughter.... the one in the wedding pics.

#495422 - 10/12/18 10:30 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Mike Head]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Mike Head
Hi

Wow what an incredible journey and so satisfying an achievement .
You seemed to have found your heaven on earth there in Gods 22 acres .
Enjoy every moment that you have worked so hard for.
How you found time for your music and the forum in all this is mystery to me.
Thank you for posting such a heart warming video,
So good that you feel you can share this personal journey with us.
My very best regards,
Mike

28.6 acres to be precise. My next project is a bridge in the woods across the north branch creek..... so I can get to the back 10 acres.

#495423 - 10/12/18 10:31 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: HearToLearn]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
This is awesome Herb. So many reasons to feel blessed. The "other residents" made me laugh...and I so understand that. It's amazing to see how far that has come.

--The wedding was beautiful!--

Good for you man! I'm happy you have been living such a blessed life. smile

Side note, I love the band Kutless, so you grabbed me RIGHT away!

Stay blessed!

Yep... Thank you. Just tried to find songs that fit....

#495435 - 10/12/18 11:17 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Great video and soundtrack Herb. Your family is certainly building some wonderful memories already. The video of the baby goat and donkey (or is that a small mule?) playing is funny. The collection of honey from the bee hive was plentiful. The wedding pictures were excellent. Altogether it has been an awesome two years. I really hope the elderly lady you purchased the land from can come back and see how your family has transformed the place. I think she will be pleased.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#495462 - 10/12/18 12:28 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Guitarhacker]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
What a great video, Herb. That's a lot of hard work and sweat to create something so wonderful. Congratulations.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#495475 - 10/12/18 01:33 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Beautiful job y'all have done with the place Herb and beautifully done video. I bet that fresh honey is fantastic. I would never have the nerve to mess with bees.
My Videos

#495559 - 10/12/18 08:03 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Really nice Herb. A lot went into the video but so much more into the homeplace. Enjoyed this.

#495565 - 10/12/18 09:16 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Herb,

you are a rare and amazing man! Your productivity in so many different directions at once blows my mind!

Congratulations on yet another accomplishment... you put the rest of us to shame!

#495627 - 10/13/18 05:15 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Guitarhacker]
MountainSide Offline
Expert

Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
Wow! What's old is new again! Nice job Herb. Seeing this reminds me of one more thing I should have done before I turned into this old guy!

Jeff
Win10x64, Intel i7 7700k@4.6Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB current builds, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive Touch, Kontakt 5.8, SampleTank 3.7

#495645 - 10/13/18 06:32 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Guitarhacker]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Cool video! Congrats on the whole project - and new beginning...

#495751 - 10/13/18 03:35 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Hey... thanks for watching. Any time any of you are in the area..... passing by on hwy 95 in NC.... exit 121 let me know and we'll have the gate open for you and a comfortable bed to sleep in.

#495811 - 10/13/18 11:48 PM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Kajun Jeaux Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Baker, La
The 2:58 mark on the video pictures a set of double exterior doors containing 15 glass panes in each door. They're identical to our exterior doors which lead to our pool area. Our's need replacing since the millennial flood. I was just wondering if you could tell me where you found them.

Kajun Jeaux

#495830 - Yesterday at 05:54 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: Guitarhacker]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
very very cool. thanks for sharing. Inspirational.

I have a little lake house project going on for the past year. All the work is being done by contractors while I continue to labor at the day job which keeps me traveling on the road. I will remind everyone to take pictures and maybe someday I can share a similar story about turning old into new.
SoundCloud

#495835 - Yesterday at 07:01 AM [Off-Topic] Re: The Farm..... (video) [Re: MusicStudent]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Herb, what you have done is absolutely amazing!

That video and stills were also amazing.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest - Listen to All the Entries!

Our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest is over, and the winners have been announced - congratulations again to forum users fiddler2007, rodipoet, Will Josef, and Ezekiel's Storm!

And, a BIG thank you to everyone who entered their songs on our contest - WOW what a great list of songs! We've arranged all the song entries into one simple list, if you'd like to listen to all the entries click here.

Congratulations Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest Winners!

Thank you again to everyone who submitted their songs to our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - 59 entries in total!

As always, we were blown away with every song entered! We truly enjoy listening to what everyone comes up with using Band-in-a-Box!

Our judging team listened to all the songs, and choosing the winners wasn't easy... some of the things taken into consideration were the quality of the composition, Xtra styles used, use of program features within the song, and originality - and we're now ready to announce the winners!

The Winners are:

I Will Be Your Doggie Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: fiddler2007
Xtra Style used: _WILDONE
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
Wie zingt verjaagt zijn pijn (He who sings expels his pain) Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: rodipoet
Xtra Styles Used: _SILKY
Original Forum Post

MIDI:
Child of the 70s Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Will Josef
Xtra Style Used: HORIZON
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop:
Hide it Away Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Ezekiel's Storm
Xtra Style used: _CHEATED
Original Forum Post

Congratulations everyone!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows: Making Songs

Visit Chapter 6: Making Songs in our online Band-in-a-Box 2018 for Windows User's Guide, and you'll learn (or be reminded of) all the different steps you could take for creating your own song using Band-in-a-Box®!

Learn about naming your song, choosing a key, setting the tempo, chord entry, and more! There's even information for more advanced use! Read about Song Settings (endings, tags, style variations, pushes, rests, and chord embellishments), Part Markers, Substyles, Song Form, applying Styles, using RealTrack/RealDrums, importing MIDI, and chord entry - just to name a few!

Holiday Hours - Monday, October 8th

Monday, October 8th is Canadian Thanksgiving!

Our Holiday schedule that day is:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed

We will be back to our regular schedule Tuesday, October 9th.

Happy National Techies Day!

Happy National Techies Day to all our program users! And, a special thanks / shout-out to all of our BETA testers - you're a big part of our Band-in-a-Box program!

Forum Stats
28066 Members
57 Forums
54385 Topics
449407 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Ozzoid, jabba, RickSC, Mallie Riecken, Tim Radel

28066 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 215
David Snyder 152