Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Beginners Forum
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Hi fellows.
Since sales reps are refusing to answer broad questions, I thought I would try to find some sense here.

I located third party authorized re-seller that offers PG products at much more reasonable price than PG itself. https://www.midi-store.com The catch is that they (3rd party) can not sell updates I need, only PG can.

I was told by PG rep, that update 2018 PRO to 2018 Ultrapack will cost $279. PG refused to answer if/how historically these upgrades were discounted at the time of new releases. Can anybody give me a "historical" average of the discount level for this package, that if...if it went on sale previously at time of yearly releases.

Thank you,
Mike.

Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
Hi Mike
I am sure others will correct me if I am wrong but I will try to give you ball park figure

It depends where you start and finish as you can see from to days prices .
Typically around Dec when the new version is released like for like say ultra plus or everything pack to ultra plus
You would only need the plus pack About 90 $ instead of 129 $
See row two of pricing pages
Other cross grades and updates are also discounted at a similar sliding scale % depending on how old, after 2 year old it counts as other
So it is the same to upgrade from 2016 or earlier say 2012

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Beginners Forum
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Mike,
Thank you!
It seems roughly 30% discount.

That gives me food for thoughts to make a balanced decision.

Best regards,
Mike.

Beginners Forum
w Offline
Expert
Expert
Rustyspoon,

I went to that web site you quoted and they do have " download " and " boxed " prices that are a wee bit less then PG's prices.

However, as you pointed out , the catch is updating/upgrading.

Personally i would purchase directly from PG for many reasons . As an example, you can buy and try the PG products and if you are not satisfied there is a full refund from PG .

Another reason would be if you require technical help PG is there for you .

However, having said that I have no idea what your personal financial situation is and therefore only you can decide what to do.

Good luck and welcome to the PG forums ( paid for by PG ).

Beginners Forum
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hi fellows.
Since sales reps are refusing to answer broad questions, I thought I would try to find some sense here.

I located third party authorized re-seller that offers PG products at much more reasonable price than PG itself. https://www.midi-store.com The catch is that they (3rd party) can not sell updates I need, only PG can.

I was told by PG rep, that update 2018 PRO to 2018 Ultrapack will cost $279. PG refused to answer if/how historically these upgrades were discounted at the time of new releases. Can anybody give me a "historical" average of the discount level for this package, that if...if it went on sale previously at time of yearly releases.

Thank you,
Mike.

Hi Mike,

For the past 3 version releases, the UltraPAK upgrade from previous version was discounted to $149. Before that it was $139. Although we can't guarantee these prices going forward, there's definitely a trend.

Once the 2019 version is released, there will be email announcements, forum announcements, and social networking announcements - not planning any radio or television commercials though! smile

I hope this information helps - was sorry to read that you were not able to have your questions answered.

Callie
Marketing Representative
PG Music Inc.
Beginners Forum
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
w / Callie, Thank you for clarification, however it is a bit trickier than that.
I Have 2018 Pro and some packs. I wanted to buy a full version of Ultrapack from authorized retailer, which includes a 2018 PRO and transfer my original license of 2018 PRO to a relative... as a gift to her. But for some unknown reason, as I was told your policy does not allow to transfer just the BIAB pro, I have to give up all my packages that were purchased separately. I do not believe it is fair in any way to pay for same thing twice. All major computer music software companies allow for individual licences to be transferred if they did not came in the bundle.

Callie, since you are kind to share memory of previous sale, can you recall the discounted price at time of new release from 2017 pro to 2018 Ultra PAck?

I thank you in advance,
Mike.

Last edited by Rustyspoon#; 10/16/18 11:02 AM.
Beginners Forum
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
w / Callie, Thank you for clarification, however it is a bit trickier than that.
I Have 2018 Pro and some packs. I wanted to buy a full version of Ultrapack from authorized retailer, which includes a 2018 PRO and transfer my original license of 2018 PRO to a relative... as a gift to her. But for some unknown reason, as I was told your policy does not allow to transfer just the BIAB pro, I have to give up all my packages that were purchased separately. I do not believe it is fair in any way to pay for same thing twice. All major computer music software companies allow for individual licences to be transferred if they did not came in the bundle.

Callie, since you are kind to share memory of previous sale, can you recall the discounted price at time of new release from 2017 pro to 2018 Ultra PAck?

If you purchase the "First-time" UltraPAK from a reseller, then transferring your license to a relative will NOT remove your upgrade options, as you purchased a new license. (and, what a nice gift!) Just make sure to include this information when you contact our team to transfer the license.

It seems like there may have been some miscommunication during the initial conversation. Sometimes people will give their old copy away, or sell it, and still expect the upgrade price. Upgrades are discounted because you already own the license - so those that give/sell it all to someone else no longer own the license. This would NOT apply in your described situation.

The 2018 UltraPAK Upgrade from 2017 Pro was on sale during our special for $149 (regular $279).

Callie
Marketing Representative
PG Music Inc.
Beginners Forum
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Callie, thank you for encouragement, but here is the "Catch 22" that rep tried to depress me with:

He said that I can not separate my Xtra packs that I purchased at different time from my 2018 Pro and would have to transfer all my stuff, not just BIAB Pro.

So basically he said that with my transfer, I will lose my xtra packs which I want to keep.

If you can help me, please do. You should be able to access my contact from your end.

Thanks.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Callie, Kent resolved this, as you mentioned "miscommunication". Thank you for your time.

Beginners Forum
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Callie, Kent resolved this, as you mentioned "miscommunication". Thank you for your time.

I'm happy to read this! I had left the office before you replied to my post on Tuesday, so it's great that Kent was able to resolve the situation for you smile

Callie
Marketing Representative
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,533
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200