Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hi all,
[Link no longer valid]

This a new song called Last Train To Yuma,
Its all made with RTs and is sung by Mario D's Friend SteveS.
I had this bluegrass type song and needed a great American Vocal and I heard Mario's "Save The Family" song which I loved.Mario kindly organised Steve to sing it which I am very greatful.I had hoped to put it on a CD but due to work problems that hasnt happened yet much to my disappointment.
The music I called "Planxty Mick".Planxty pronounced Plankstee is believed to be an old Irish saying meaning in this case "in honour of Mick"
Mick is my eldest brother and was always up to something or other slightly on the wrong side of the rules if you know what I mean!Anyway a while back he was diagnosed with cancer here there and everywhere and somehow thanks to God has pulled through so far against the odds.This song was in his honour.
American Indians give Yuma a meaning of "son of the chief" and in that sense this is a song about death and going back to God.It is 80% instrumental and 20% Vocal The song is also a play on the movie "2:10 to Yuma".I want to thank Mario D and Steve for helping out .Hope you enjoy the journey folks!

Lyrics

I Once was an outlaw until Jesus stole my heart away from me,
Now when I hum this song it reminds that my pain will soon be long gone,
With my beautiful thief is where I now belong

I Once was an outlaw until Jesus stole my heart away from me,
Now when I hum this song it reminds that my pain will soon be long gone,
With my beautiful thief is where I now belong

I once was an outlaw!

Style is _SNGWDUO.STY (Songwriter Fingerstyle Duo)
Their are two harmonicas and an acordian and mandolin as well as a held piano all RTracks as well as these below

RealTracks in song: ~~684:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2646:Guitar, Resonator, Background CountryWaltzRandy Sw 110
RealTracks in style: 2552:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Songwriter16ths Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: ~2494:Piano, Acoustic, HeldChords 120
RealTracks in song: ~426:Banjo, Bluegrass Ev 130 (Rhythm)
RealTracks in song: 2549:Fiddle, Soloist CelticReelAndy Ev16 110

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 08/26/20 01:14 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Interesting arrangement and the lyric is interesting too.
The vocal melody is buried by the harmonica that plays concurrently.
I think you have a cool bundle of elements but you need to remix it with little more dexterity.

Last edited by rayc; 10/18/18 02:03 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Hugh !

Absolutely marvellous !!!
Banjopickin´always make me
weak !:))

Love it so much I have to
consider a trip to Yuma,
naturally by train !!!!

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This was an excellent tune. Great vocal. I agree with rayc. The instruments were all excellent but they did step on the vocal. A little touch up and then a super song...

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Thanks So much Rayc ,Dani and Scott for ur input.I agree totally with ur observations , its well over a year since I mixed it and now I would tone down some of the instruments so that great vocal would have its rightful place which I will do asap.The only thing I can say is by accident or lack of my ability the song turned out wild like the wild west lol Particularly happy you recognise Steve's excellent job on the vocal even if it is obscured .Their is gravel in his voice and I can imagine him out on the street with a six shooter and a steely eye!thanks

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
very nice,

enjoyed the listen

Kenny

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
That was... a bit difficult to classify, to say the least. smile

It made me think of a sort of wild-western version of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride at Disneyland, with a born-again animatronic cowboy jangling down the street instead of drunken pirates hanging off bridges.

Thanks for the musical ride! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Thanks Kenny glad you got something good out of it.
David I might get a new ride at Disneyland where you get on a train and have a shootout cowboys vesus pirates versus indians ,last one standing when you get to Yuma will be the winner!great comment glad you bought a ticket!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Hugh,

I found this quite a journey in the adventures of Realtracks. You've certainly been very creative and very inventive in putting this one together. I get the feeling you really enjoyed the process of writing, arranging and producing!

Thank you for the listen.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hi Noel loved every minute of it and in fairness though I am only working partime for the last couple of years and I had the time to mess around alot .I totally agree with the observationS earlier that I could have got my levels better in relation to the opening vocals .Realtracks are amazing and my favorite was the Tex acordian .Thanks for listening .See you when you get to Yuma!

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Really nice work smile Like the subtle, free-flowing backing track choice. Plus, the vocals are strong and memorable. A really nice ode - thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Very cool song!! Vocal is really good...heartfelt, gritty! Some nice instrumental music as well. I thought of the movie (actually 3:10 to Yuma) when I saw the title...cool movie! Great job on this all the way around!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Cheers Deryk I guess not knowing much about bluegrass ,its what I thought bluegrass was!The harmonicas in my mind while I was mixing were train whistle blasts and the whole thing was a train trip where I the train picked up different passengers(instruments along the way)Realtracks were brilliant thanks PG.
Greg I did have 3:10 to Yuma on my minde,I think I called 2:10! earlier.Great Movie not sure which version I liked the most but I love Glen Ford so he probably sways it for me.Thanks for the feedback much appreciated .I would love to hear someone play it live on Banjo!

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Hugh2, thank you for sharing this. Excellent mixdown on all of this and rhythm is easy to follow. That guitar tone is very warm! I thoroughly enjoyed the fiddle to glue everything together. Very well thought and meaningful lyrics too, a wonderful tribute. Well done!

Cheers,
Joe
User Showcase
H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Thanks Joe,For me I couldnt leave out the Tex mex acordian!and I just let all the instruments have time in the spotlight and the fiddle led me from the banjo to the mandolin and differentiated and sandwiched between between them.The held piano is a lovely background Realtracks to use as well.Again BIAB is such an original product and not being a musician can have an advantage in one way ,you can move between completely different Genres easier ,perhaps

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Unusual song, but by crikey I fair enjoyed it

User Showcase
H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hey Furry,Love ur stuff by the way .That acordian is not exactly scottish but nice all the same.thanks for listening

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Hugh,

I found this quite a journey in the adventures of Realtracks. You've certainly been very creative and very inventive in putting this one together. I get the feeling you really enjoyed the process of writing, arranging and producing!

Thank you for the listen.

All the best,
Noel

High, I totally agree with Noel! It’s an interesting mix of things going on! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hi Torrey,
I have to admit it was one of ur intros inspired me to go back and put the harmonica in to simulate the train and when I did that it came together for me.thanks for listening !H

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,745
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 191