Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
RealBand
Expert
Expert
#1, like Mac I respect you knowledge & effort, but the condescending tone is not called for!

It does not matter to me if you care what I use or not, I just posted my thoughts on the troubles that I am having. The only other problem I have had with VST's in RB was removing a VST from a list, and that was responded to in a polite & helpful manner.

Yes the plugins are unzipped, yes they are in their respective folder, and yes they do not show up like the rest do on MY system. I am happy that they do on yours, and as a side note I think if you work with the DDMF EQ & Compressor you just might by them, I find them very nice!

I do appreciate the help & the effort, really!

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10
RealBand
M
Expert
Expert
M
jcspro.
jeesh mate i'm trying to help you.
i dont know what else i can do.
what i suspect is happening on your system is your
ddmf plug ins are buried deep in the directory structure
on your hard drive.
is this the case ??
eg if you have something like this as your dir tree...

C
folderx
foldera within folder x.
folderb within foldera
then finally within folderb are the ddmf plug ins.

on drive C...
create a folder called plug ins instead.
this will allow you to navigate more easily.

i was simply responding to the fact you said the plug ins wouldnt load.
i suspect its how your organisation of plug ins is set up.
once youve added the plug in for the first time..
youll find it in the list in the drop down the next time.
god bless.

retired puter engr....powertracks on amd......NICE !
"what is the black art of audio engineering ?"
my silly songs...motagator.com/bmanning
see my tips in the tips section.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

i'm beginning to think not all ..but some claims of
plug in probs are due to pilot error.

Really?? What was your first clue?

And btw Manning, you're one of my favorite posters, I always learn a lot from you so if we happen to disagree sometimes, that doesn't change. Scott's post about using proper protocol's for recording and mastering is the root of a lot of these problems. Except for this tempo lock issue, that's all too real.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
M
Expert
Expert
M
jazzmammal
respect to you too mate.
i only wish you the best.
re pilot/user error.
well actually if i were really fair i would have to say that in many
respects computer engrs should take some heat .lol.
whether its the folks who design the OS or who design the puter hardware itself.

thus i must say in some respects ever since the pc came out ive been disappointed
with various aspects of my profession.
cos in summary ..things could have been made a whole lot easier for users.
its cos things werent made easier for the user , ...
that users today have to worry about lots of things.
from purchaseing the right puter to use as a daw , the right sound device,
knowing how to set up the sound device. as well as knowing various aspects
bout the OS etc etc.
this is all over and above understanding the different
features of the daw they are useing.
in summary i dont feel my profession is blameless.

also to be fair to daw developers ..whether pg or sonar/cubase/logic/pt/..
or any other daw one can name, daw developers are often constrained
by the underlying computer architecture. the OS and the hardware itself.
plus the chosen sound device.
often also daw devs are on a hiding to nothing particularly if the underlying
platform is changeing. or lets say for example new features are
included in the audio api's which devs then have to race
to incorporate ax well as sound device manufacturers with new driver architectures.
meanwhile the poor user is trying to just make songs.
sometime take a gander at audio api's that daw programmers deal with.

further frankly , i feel things would have been a lot easier for users
if a OS had have been developed specific for just the audio/video creation process
and daw work etc etc.
rather than being a general purpose OS that tries to do everything.
ie a nice small elegant OS for daws//video folk.
with simple ease of use command structures for programmers of daws.

if you ever have the time spend a few weeks with the mac and win audio api's..
and try some codeing..might be fun..but youll prolly after a few weeks say to yourself..
how do sonar//cubase//traktion//reaper//logic//samplitude//pg and the other daw developers
deal with this stuff.
anyone who does this will realise..
irrespective of daw they use, actually there are very clever devs behind each daw
who actually, in many respects , given the underlying puter architecture
actually have achieved some pretty impressive solutions given the limitations the
devs have to deal with.
in summary i have great respect for daw devs , irrespective of company.
cos i assure you codeing up a daw is not a trivial undertakeing.
ive only ever developed software for industrial systems. not daws.
but haveing looked at how one might go about creating daw software..
all i can say is i have great respect to all daw developers wherever they are.

retired puter engr....powertracks on amd......NICE !
"what is the black art of audio engineering ?"
my silly songs...motagator.com/bmanning
see my tips in the tips section.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,481
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195