Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

For musicians who want -1, Melodyne is probably a far better tool as you can just remove the instrument you want removed from the original track. If you want to sing and play, then remove the instrument from the CD+G backing track.

Oh duhhh! That's a great point, Sam. I've been posting in several Melodyne threads the last few days and didn't even think of that.
Btw, what's your favorite source for those tracks?

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
SoundChoice are pretty good as are SunFly. There are others but these two companies are probably the industry leaders. Just Google 'CD+G Karaoke tracks'

If you want the lyrics to still show up, remember to make a copy of the backing track using a different filename and then edit the original file. The backing track MUST have the same as the lyric file. You could even run it through the ACW and add the chord names into the lyric file but that is a little more complicated, or create a new lyric track in the backing file and then use the karaoke window. There's more than one way to skin a rabbit, you know

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Anyone here thought of it.
With the way real tracks uses real instruments I think there is a great open door to make backing tracks that would be better than any midi file backing tracks company out there.
It would take a few of us and it would take a while to get going. But with the material in real tracks and great wisdom and talent of a few folks here, we could do a good business and work from home doing what we love.
Anyone interested? Anyone have any ideas. Of course we would do it all legit and pay the royalties and license fees.

Ed, hasn't this this market been served for some time by online companies like Comtracks, Hands On, and Hittrax who sell audio/MP3 backing tracks? Or have I misunderstood your suggesion?
John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Companies like the ones you mentioned are selling midi generated tracks. There are no real instruments.

It seems though the general consensus is that there are too many karaoke and backing type companies around already we may get lost in the shuffle even if we have something unique here.

All I know is Real Tracks did for me what no other company could have done.

Last edited by edbulmer; 01/01/10 05:50 AM.

My website to hear my stuff-

http://www.edbulmer.com/

guitar player, vocalist, sailor
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
What was accomplished with realtracks on your project was pretty amazing, Ed.
Listening now, after not doing so for a while, I have trouble remembering what is a realtrack and what isn't!
I am very happy it has been such a success for you already.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Well, this is a sample of what you'd be competing with:

Alan McPike

Alan sells his track for about 5 pounds ($8) each. Check his site out, it's pretty impressive what he's doing. I'm sure you could get some pretty good ideas from it. Bottom line is you're going to have to sound this good if you want to make any money off of it. Good luck with your venture, knock'em dead.

Last edited by lkmuller; 01/02/10 12:49 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This is an example of what's wrong with a lot of backing tracks, imho. The actual instruments especially the piano parts are very good but the drums totally suck. It appears he deliberately went for the electronic sound, no attempt at realism. I don't like the mix either. Good karaoke tracks are much, much better than this.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Agreed, Bob

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I think you folks could do better with the RT/RD.....

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10
Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
I don't know what others actually listened to, but I began with the Female 1 - 4XX songs, and all intros were fairly impressive to my aging ears, with use of strings especially so. I think he sets a pretty high standard, with what looks like a very extensive catalog ballads and jazz standards, although there could be weak links in particular genres, styles, etc... Also, for what it's worth, I heard no wind instruments, or guitar in anything, as though he sets his arrangements up for keys, bass and drums with string augmentation for most everything. What he uses, he uses well.

DrDuBose
"Gettin' a life."

music at
http://www.bandmix.com/drdubose
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I just went thur the site at random, and tho I found the arrangements OK, the rhythm sections felt "stiff" to me....and of course this is all IMHO.

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Companies like the ones you mentioned are selling midi generated tracks. There are no real instruments.

No, man you're not going to the sites Sam recommended. He's our Karaoke expert on this forum. Some people in this thread think that somehow Karaoke is different from the backing tracks we're talking about. It's not, it's just a name. Check this out Sound Choice
This site has thousands of songs and it looks like they've got every popular artist from the last 50 years covered. These are most definitely full blown studio productions using live players like what I was talking about earlier. No midi here. I've only heard a few of them and they are gorgeous. Just type in Sinatra and then listen to the demo of My Funny Valentine and then type in Journey and listen to Be Good To Yourself. Of course I searched for Chicago and heard Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is. Then just for laughs I put in Tower of Power. No funk stuff but they have So Very Hard To Go. Awesome. Great playing including the horns, great production and background vocals too. This is just one site, there's lots of others.
If I was doing a single or duo for a living and needed a few hundred covers I would just buy them, not mess around trying to reinvent the wheel. Biab is great and a lot of fun especially if you like rolling your own but really other than that, why bother when this is available?
Now, I'm a live player and personally would never use these but all I'm saying is IF I were trying to really make a living out of this, then these tracks could be a good way to go. Every time I go to Vegas, most of the lounge acts are using these types of tracks. I hate it because I miss the live groups since I used to be in one of them at Harrah's but that's the reality of it. Singers with tracks. Sure, there's a few exceptions but mostly that's true.
You can't touch this sound with your computer and some software.

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199