Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Other PG Music Programs
H
OP Offline
H
Just got New Computer for Christmas with Windows 7 and I can not play this program. Lots of other stuff it will not run as well. PGMusic wrote me and said it will not run with Windows 7. Anybody got a solution for this short of buying a new program.???

Other PG Music Programs
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Hotrodder,

Hmm, that must have been a misunderstanding, the Video Guitar Lesson programs run on Windows 7. Please let us know exactly what the problem is (what exactly happens when you try to run it).

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Other PG Music Programs
H
OP Offline
H
Well Andrew, nothing happens. I place it in the DVD drive and nothing goes on. Deck will not self start or play the disk at all yet the DVD player works fine in other stuff. I just placed it in the drive and will wait to see. This a brand new ZT systems computer with 1-Terra byte, 6Gig of Ram and is a 64 bit processor?
Still waiting and nothing is going on with the drive or program.
Hotrodder2

Other PG Music Programs
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi,

There is a large .exe file on that CD, and this can cause some computers to hesitate a little before showing the contents. An antivirus program may be the cause. Try waiting for a while after inserting the disc. If you have waited (say 10 minutes) and nothing has happened, and the CD doesn't appear in My Computer, there may be a problem with the CD or it may not be compatible with your drive. In this case, you could contact us to get a replacement and/or a link to download the program. Or, if you have another computer that it does work on, you could copy the contents of the CD to a portable hard drive and transfer it that way (or burn the contents to a different CD).

One other thing that might help is: Go to the Start menu | Run and type "msconfig". Choose selective startup with startup items disabled. Reboot the computer and see if the disc is then recognized properly.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Other PG Music Programs
H
OP Offline
H
I'm sorry Andrew, I have tried all that you suggested and in four different computer's, 1-with Vista, 1-with XP and another with Win-7 and none of them would show me anything. The program will not work. My old computer was win-xp and it ran fine there before the computer crashed. So the disk has been put away untill now. I can see no scratches or dings in the disk. If you can help me out that would be great.
Thank You very much.
I love this program and will buy the rest in the series when I'm done with this one. Great teaching tool.

Other PG Music Programs
Veteran
Veteran
If I understand you, on any of the computers you try, you do not see the contents of the DVD that contains the 101 phrases program?

I presume you've tried to clean the disk?

Can you open Windows Explorer and see any contents on the disk? Or does it not register on any of the computers you tried?

If you are able to access the files via Windows Explorer, I would try to copy the contents of the disk to a folder on your hard drive and then try to run the install program from your hard drive. If that works, then you can use that folder to make a new copy of the disk (for backup purposes), or just backup that folder somewhere else. I actually have all my PGMusic programs saved to two different external USB drives and do all my installation from there. The CD/DVD went into a CD folio and I haven't touched it since. That includes copies of everything I received on CD/DVD, as well as everything I've downloaded over time. So it's all right there at my fingertips.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Other PG Music Programs
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi,

In that case, please contact us to get a replacement for that disc. You can also request a link to download the program.

http://www.pgmusic.com/about_contact.htm

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Other PG Music Programs
H
OP Offline
H
John;
I can not see nor read any files on the disk on any of the 4 or 5 computers I tried.No.! I have not tried to clean the disk as it looks brand new. NOTHING comes up except you can hear the disk turning like it is looking to find something. As I said it was installed and working on a Windows XP before the computer crashed it was an E-Machine. I now have a ZT System
machine with 6 gig ram and 1 terra byte HD with 1 CD/DVD, maker unknown. Most of my old programs will not run under 64 bit op sys. I think I need to return to the Commodore VIC-20 or c64...

Other PG Music Programs
Veteran
Veteran
As Andrew said, it looks like your disk is hosed. Still, I would try to clean the disk (even though it looks clean). Sometimes that all it takes to get it going. Not always, but it only takes a moment to check it out.

Link for cleaning a CD or DVD

Another link for cleaning a CD or DVD

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,523
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195