Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Scott C Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This song started out as a Instrumental. When I finished I sent the song to Robert and he felt the song was right for some lyrics.

He made some changes to the arrangement to make it more suitable for his lyrics and the song became

The Altlas of Remote

These are Roberts lyrics

The Atlas Of Remote

kite on a string
a coiled up spring
in a kid building worlds
on the floor

after dark reading maps
in a wide awake hat
naming places
never seen before

you`re a treetop spy
the tribe ostracized
never could breathe
in a crowd

set your compass on course
far from applause
amaze the day
that heard your vow

out of your country out of yourself
eyes of stars at the bottom of your well

over this whole blue wilderness
sailing ships hidden below
kindness unseen under the waterline
courage no one knows
wonder shivers you feel
at the Equator of Real
reaching the Island of Voices
on your Atlas of Remote

sometimes you play the clown
marionette falling down
in the grown up
puppet show

cut the kite from the string
uncoil your spring
amaze the day
before its flown

always ever how you go on
windhover eye imagination

over this whole blue wilderness
sailing ships hidden below
kindness unseen under the waterline
courage no one knows
wonder shivers you feel
at the Equator of Real
reaching the Island of Voices
on your Atlas of Remote

© Robert Cordrey April,2019

Here is the band.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: the atlas of remote
File:the atlas of remote.SGU
Key=E , Tempo 82, Length (m:s)=6:05
8 bar intro, 113 bar chorus, from bar 9 to bar 121. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _DOOMED.STY (Doomsday Rock Cello Ballad)

RealTracks in style: ~387:Bass, Electric, Metal Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 3267:Cello, Background CelticAirFlowingNatalie Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 3304:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockThrashHollow12-key Ev 085 (B:sync)
RealTracks in style: 3302:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockThrashHollow12-key Ev 085
RealDrums [in style:RockThrashHalfTimeEv16^1-a:Snare, Bell Ride , b:Snare, Crash Ride

I used my Fender Stratocaster and a Marshall amplifier.

Hope you like it..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Scott and Robert,

This is very inventive and I really enjoyed listening.

I love that you've combined Thrash tracks with a Celtic cello.... it works incredibly well. Anyone who listens to this will be in awe of the flexibility that BIAB makes possible!

Scott: as always, your guitar work was great and very engaging. Robert: your singing just keeps on getting better and better... this was a terrific listen.

You two are an awesome team!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Pretty cool with a sense of Big Country in there with the elements. The doubled solo is nice, even more BC.
I liked the lyric, melody and vocal but the line "...amaze the day..." sounded wrong - unclear, uncertain and possibly beyond range.
A really good combo of styles/elements into a fine song.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice to see you two working together again! I always enjoy your collaborations.

I like the mashup of styles, works well.

Unique and interesting lyrics from Robert, and nice playing from you.

Sounding good guys!

User Showcase
Scott C Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Scott and Robert,

This is very inventive and I really enjoyed listening.

I love that you've combined Thrash tracks with a Celtic cello.... it works incredibly well. Anyone who listens to this will be in awe of the flexibility that BIAB makes possible!

Scott: as always, your guitar work was great and very engaging. Robert: you singing just keep on getting better and better... this was a terrific listen.

You two are an awesome team!

All the best,
Noel

Thanks so much Noel. I am so glad to have been able to another song with Robert. He has been very busy over the last few months working on some personal projects. It amazes me how he comes in with the lyrics he does. He also produced an excellent vocal as well.

Scott Collingwood
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Scott / Robert,

This is a great song! The guitar, lyrics, vocal are so creative and fresh...

You have something really special with this one and I enjoyed it fully.

Bob

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
This has a beautiful, slightly pensive, feel I'm just loving.

Glad you decided to include lyrics. It comes together great!

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Scott/Robert,

When I saw the song was 5+ minutes long, I thought I would loss interest at some point (being accustom to the 3-minute thing). That never happened. A credit to you both.

Cool song. Interesting lyric. Nice tracks to carry it.

Nice guitar work, Scott.

Whoever mixed this did a fine job. One of your best.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Awesome! Cool!

I'm a fan, love what you guys do together

you're one of my favorite modern bands

I feel like it's a fevered dream and I can't quite keep up with

the images flashing by in a rapidly changing landscape

but it keeps my interest and I like it

sometimes you play the clown
marionette falling down
in the grown up
puppet show

cut the kite from the string
uncoil your spring
amaze the day
before its flown

(not just to disagree with Ray) but I relate to and love these lines

amaze the day is perfect to me

Kenny

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Wow - what a tune! Incredible unique, and the lyrics are truly poetic. It flows magnificently as well and almost had a whimsical feel to it. Nicely catchy on the hook too.

You guys should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Great collaboration...
Good imagery in the lyrics...
To me, it was the fantasy of youth transformed in the reality of adulthood...
Very nicely done...
Your guitar lines fit well in the song...
The production & vocals were excellent...
I must say I always look forward to your collaborations!

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very interesting collaboration. I hear strong Scottish highland mood in the melody and guitars (reminds me of Runrig), naturally the cello adds another dimension. Great vocals and especially the guitar soloing is very enjoyable.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Wow,
That was one interesting listening experience!
Scott & Robert, I think you done great work on this! 5+ minutes... I got totally hypnotized smile
Music, lyrics, production..solid A .
The only small complaint I have is I wish vocals would be louder in some places, but that is just personal preference.

Congrats to both of you and thank you for sharing!

Misha.

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hey Scott, this was wonderful! Excellent mixdown on all of this and the mix sounds well polished too. Love the effects on the vocals. Great work!

Cheers,
Joe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Scott and Robert, it's great to see you guys back at it again! The chorus in this song is far and away my favorite section of music I have heard from you! The guitar solo immediately after the first chorus was perfect! Robert, I loved the vocal effects you used in this! Great work all the around! You guys are a great team!! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Scott C Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
Pretty cool with a sense of Big Country in there with the elements. The doubled solo is nice, even more BC.
I liked the lyric, melody and vocal but the line "...amaze the day..." sounded wrong - unclear, uncertain and possibly beyond range.
A really good combo of styles/elements into a fine song.

Thanks Ray for checking out the song. Gals you liked it.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Nice to see you two working together again! I always enjoy your collaborations.

I like the mashup of styles, works well.

Unique and interesting lyrics from Robert, and nice playing from you.

Sounding good guys!

Thanks Dave for the kind words. This started out as a straight forward instrumental with me playing with harmonics and Robert adjusted the arrangement and it morphed into a three dimensional journey. Glad you like the song..

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Scott / Robert,

This is a great song! The guitar, lyrics, vocal are so creative and fresh...

You have something really special with this one and I enjoyed it fully.

Bob

Thanks so much for the kind words Bob. Robert did have an awesome vocal on this song. Because I was playing with harmonics in this song I couldn't change the key. Robert hit it out of the park with his vocal. So glad you liked it.

Scott Collingwood
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks to all listening and/or commenting.
The instrumental Scott sent me is one of his best imo - not sure if the guitarists hear that there are three separate tracks on his solo- such a cool big sound.
The lyrics began with a line from R.L.Stevenson "out of my country out of myself I go"as he departed on his South Seas voyage.
An anthem for loners and solo sailors is how it turned out!

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sounds great guys!

Excellent sound, and vocals are so rich.

Killer guitar Scott!

User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Very nice song! Good work to both of you. Really enjoyed listening to it.

Will

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Very visual and haunting lyric sung easy-does-it. I like the simple guitar theme in the lead played over those long-held chords and the way it grew up at the end. Really, really nice listen.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,584
Posts734,714
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197