Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#553326 09/06/19 02:26 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Folks. 
Here is my recent tune. There is a belief that a person has a deep connection to a particular season - the one he or she was born into. My favorite is fall :) I tried to make this tune less "cryptic", just having some fun. Comments, especially on improvement / critical  are always welcomed. Thank you for listening! Misha. 

Shifting Seasons

Lyrics:
Hot summer days are spiraling down,
ground is soaked as a sponge with the rain.
Bats are diving low to the ground,
as a kamikaze piloting the planes.

Come play another round, king has lost his crown
Jumping high to get the feet of the ground
One cloud, two clouds, I am going to pass out
from the beauty of the autumn colors.

Nights are getting longer, stars brighter
Feet are getting heavy, thoughts-lighter
Time to get the raincoat and sweaters from the closet
Glue a smile on a face...

One clown, two clowns,
circus left the town,
leaving them behind, wondering the streets.
Tall houses, heavy trucks-feel like a trapped mouse,
I rather be watching the beauty of the sunset.

And we are trying to stop the motion,
conserve the time like the flies in amber.
Loving and hurting, healing and stealing
watching the candle burn.

One step, two steps - shaky floor
taking a rest... I can walk for more!
Miles and miles...My mother smiles
snow falling outdoors.

Tech stuff:
BIAB:Bass: 3122 AcousticVihuela: 3242, Rhyth
Midi drums through Halion (was hoping for RDs, but could not find good candidate)
Arrangement is done in vArranger / imported to BIAB
Various midi clips/synths processed through Halion 
Recorded in Cakewalk.
Lyrics/Vocals-Me

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Everything sounds good to me. The progression is just that little bit "crazy" but comes around nicely. The strongest part of all this is the rhythm, both from the backing and the lyrical delivery. I loved the Jethro Tull-esque opening. At least that's what I heard--and it wasn't just the flute.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Always a great listen! You have such a gift when it comes to writing, love the lyrics!

I listened first and then read Tangmo's comment about the intro so went back and listened again. I can hear it too now that he mentioned it, just before the vocal comes in, very cool indeed!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Misha,

You always succeed in making me confused. Mostly because of the mysterious lyrics in a lot of your song. but also the kind of melody you created. Wunderbar! These melodies confuse me, but make me smile as well (that is also confusing).
And the way you sing is impossible to copy. You are unique in that.
Your recording is very good. All sounds clear and the voice very close.
Well done!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha,

A very cool musical piece.

Intriguing lyrics, as always. The musical background is really well done. The stabbing, rhythmic synths are super.

Your vocal on this is your best to date, I think. In-the-pocket - just the right place in the mix - clear, yet "in the mix" well. Has a deep warmth to it...

Very enjoyable listen.

fj

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Vocal shows emotional engagement with song. Enjoyable listen.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Enjoyed this as I have said before your songs are very different to what I normally would hear,but you know what....that's why you got a second listen from me .
this was interesting musically and lyrically and very well done in this style your vocals fit this sound so well .

Thanks

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
The fun you were trying to have with this song really came across. Excellent job.

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent work Misha,
I enjoyed the giddy dance of the melody and the evolving narrative of the seasons.
The arrangement is complicated but clear and effective.
Loved it.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! I feel a bit like I've just stepped off a crazy calliope that ran through a calendar and breakneck speed.

That was a heck of a ride!

Excellent! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Really cool song!! It could almost fit in as a song in a musical! Your ability with English as a second language blows me away!! Cool stuff!! Take care. Greg

rayc #553728 09/08/19 12:06 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
Excellent work Misha,
I enjoyed the giddy dance of the melody and the evolving narrative of the seasons.
The arrangement is complicated but clear and effective.
Loved it.

That says it very well! The lyrics are accessible without losing the quirky twist we expect from you.
Really good work on the midi synths and strings.

Robert

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Misha,

that is outstanding ! Your lyric-writing talents are amazing and seem to know no limits, you get me every time! An unusual composition with a backing track that fits it like a glove.

Tangmo mentioned Jethro Tull - well, I've been wondering ever since whom your vocal phrasing reminded me of, but never got to the result. But now I know: Ian Anderson. (Thanks Tangmo, now I don't have to toss and turn in my bed at night anymore).

Misha, you really never disappoint with what you're delivering - hats off again and again - it's just another excellent song brilliantly sung and produced.

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Misha
Wow! That is SO different. What a great write! Very interesting backing too. Enjoyed my listen very much

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Wow - what a tune! You really did an outstanding job on this. The progression is wild, and your vocals soar on this one. Loved the instrumentation as well. It sets a really unique mood, and almost has a medieval touch, I found. As always, really fantastic lyrics as well.

Thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Tangmo,
Thank you for kind words! I assure you that doing this in style of the great Tull was not the objective, it just came together like this smile I guess the tone of the flute is somewhat alike.
------
Dave,
thank you very much for your support!
------
Hans,
good deal! Thank you for kind words. On this I was using the filter I was bragging about.
------
FJ,
Thank you for listening! I always find challenging when mixing very different by nature sources. I appreciate your comments on mixing and vocals!
------
Mark,
Thank you for listening and your feedback!
------
Beatmaster,
Thank you for listening and your support!
------
Ember,
Thank you for listening!
-----
Ray,
Thank you for listening and words of support!
----
David,
Thank you for giving this time and fun & supportive comments!
----
Greg,
Thank you for listening and kind words! Actually this community tuned me to write more English tunes, for which I am very grateful.
----
Robert,
Thank you for listening and your kind feedback!
----
Stefan,
Thank you for listening and your supportive & fun comments! I wish I had a fraction of your talents smile
----
Joanne,
Thank you for listening and your support!
----
Deryk,
Thank you for tuning in and your support!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha
A really nice sound, melody, lyric and arrangement.

Also like others loved the intro (and the ending).

Very clever.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"Nights are getting longer, stars brighter
Feet are getting heavy, thoughts-lighter
Time to get the raincoat and sweaters from the closet
Glue a smile on a face..."

Nice!

Excellent vocals, write, melody, progression, RT choice and mix. All topnotch.

But what really stands out overall to us is the arrangement. It's instantly engaging and intriguing
with all the obviously well thought out and brought to fruition nuances.

Superb!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I like fall too, although spring is definitely my favorite smile

Beautiful lyrics having strong nature images. A song that reveals new gems on every reading/listening.

Nice cinematic intro, interesting jazzy pop orchestral arrangement, enjoyable chording, especially in that catchy chorus and orchestrated ending.

All the effort put on this really shines brightly in all autumn colors.

Janne

Last edited by jannesan; 09/10/19 09:55 AM.

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Misha,

I love your work!

Every time I listen to a song of yours, it's like taking a holiday to somewhere I've never been before. I really enjoy listening to you melodies and how you harmonise them... always musical, always a little different from the usual, and always very effective.

I thoroughly enjoyed my listen.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,741
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 191