Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#574407 01/06/20 07:14 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
https://soundcloud.com/user-770148857/apple-bite

I made some mix changes based on early critiques, posts 1-6.

Lyrics:

We've slowed down so much, I know you feel it too
Can't we get in touch, with the things we used to do,
I don't know for sure, how much of what I say carries,
But I will ensure, answers to all your romantic queries,
So let's get busy in the morning, busy through the night, busy in the afternoon
Let's stop being boring, take that apple bite, I wanna feel you swoon,
We can dance for hours, but keep something in store,
Romancing in the bower, we might end up on the floor
Time was on our side, but now that's not the case,
Life has its own stride, and it's bound to set the pace,
But we don't have to act, no no, like a knot upon a tree,
We can still react oh yeah to the wonder of you and me

RealTracks in song: 1398:Bass, Electric, Soul70sA-B Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: 1401:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Soul70sBrightA-B Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: 1404:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Soul70sWarmA-B Ev16 100
RealTracks in song: 1062:Sax, Tenor, Soloist SmoothJazzCool Sw16 100
RealDrums in Song: JazzFunkPop^1-a:HHSdStk, b:HHSnr

Vocals are by Kendall Birdsong and Yona Marie of fiverr

The lyric line "answers to all your romantic queries" is from an old Saturday Night Live skit called "The Ladies Man." I thought it was too funny and had to do it.

Last edited by TuneMonger; 01/08/20 02:27 PM.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
TuneMonger #574523 01/06/20 03:26 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good song!! Your best yet in my opinion.

Everything just works, I like your arrangement, good writing, and good vocals from both of your singers.

I think the mix sounds pretty solid too, although I just have my iPad available at the moment to listen on.

Great way to start off the year, well done!

TuneMonger #574550 01/06/20 04:51 PM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Really nice work on this - the vocals soar, and I thought it flows tremendously well. Decently catchy as well, with a solid groove.

Thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
TuneMonger #574558 01/06/20 05:23 PM
User Showcase
E
Journeyman
Journeyman
E
Really, really like this vibe. The combination of the rhythm electric guitar, the percussion and the bass are very strong, and that melody just rides on top of it perfectly. The vocals are very well done and those sections with the two vocalists harmonizing are very nice. With that said, I think this song could be even stronger with a great vocalist - someone like Boz Scaggs - there's a lot of space in there for expression which you've created. That's one thing I really like about it - it's got a nice open sound to it, where the instruments and the singers can interact and put little flourishes and accents. I think its great.

Ed Z

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

TuneMonger #574584 01/06/20 10:52 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi TuneMonger,

Well you got me smiling with this one I absolutely love it. Great melody and a great feel makes this such a pleasure to listen to.
This would make a great song pitch. you need to get it out there.

I'm not sure about the 'romantic queries' line. It may be funny but it's the only line in the song that's not a smooth rhyme and because of that sounds a little off to me.
You did set yourself a difficult job anyway trying to rhyme 'carries'. Maybe 'adversaries' would sing better.

I would have liked the chorus to lift a little more out of the verses to make it more 'hookey'. The harmonies are great but maybe a slightly heavier or busier backing would just lift it a little more. It's such a good chorus and deserves to stand out.

But that's all personal opinion. Overall, I absolutely love it and actually can't wait to play it to my good lady when she gets home.

Great job. Good luck with it.

Martin

Music is what feelings sound like.
TuneMonger #574620 01/07/20 04:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
TM,

Awesome!!

A terrific write. Superb melody. The lyric sparkles. Love the carries/queries rhyme. The entire lyric flows so nicely.

Your vocalist is good. For the style, I thought the vocal was mixed VERY slightly too-up-front. Tucked-in just a bit more would suit it?
And the bass - for the style - could be fatter.

But, those are little mix notes and in no way intended to distract from the fact that this is an AWESOME song and production.

Loved it.

fj

TuneMonger #574628 01/07/20 04:44 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello TuneMonger,

You surprised me positively with your vocals on this very catchy song! Like it very much. Especially the bite in the apple in the beginning.
But I agree with some members of this forum mentioning the mixing of your voices: a bit too upfront and too much space/reverb. I got a littlebit the feeling you were singing in a bathroom (don't hate me now!). But the voice itself is outstanding!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
TuneMonger #574713 01/07/20 10:12 AM
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Excellent song with great vocals...
I really like this one!
★★★★★

Keep them coming smile

Jim
†=☮&♥
TuneMonger #574717 01/07/20 10:29 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved this. Super vocal and harmonies Very cool backtrack. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
TuneMonger #574720 01/07/20 10:39 AM
User Showcase
S
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
S
Nicely written and recorded. Definitely has a yacht rock feel.

BIAB 2020 UltraPAK
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs2064st 15.6" Laptop, Intel Quad-Core i7-8565U Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows 10

https://soundcloud.com/rtk-iv
TuneMonger #574762 01/07/20 01:12 PM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Really, really cool song!!! Just feels good!! Melody and lyrics are both so well done, and arrangement is perfect!! To me, the bass is very boomy, and I'm not crazy about the way the vocals are mixed (they both sing well!). Really love this one!! Take care. Greg

TuneMonger #574766 01/07/20 01:20 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That's very cool - good selection of singers .. the lead vox are perfect for the song.
The only nit I'd offer is that the bass is boomy and could handle some "tightening" of the bottom end.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
TuneMonger #574993 01/08/20 02:49 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
rayc,

Do you mean to say there's no sibilance or similar nastiness in the vocals? That's a first for me, I'm about to uncork some champagne! ; )

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
TuneMonger #575001 01/08/20 03:13 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
You have my by he second beat of the first measure!

Great groove-loved it. The vocals are top notch all the way.

To really nitpick I thought that the sax lead was way too jazzy for this song. A more bluesier or funkier lead might be better. This is just my opinion and others may or may not agree.

I think this is a fantastic song.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
TuneMonger #575010 01/08/20 04:18 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I've only been here a few days and I'm amazed by the amount of quality songs this group is creating.

That was very well done.
Vocals are delicious.

TuneMonger #575032 01/08/20 07:52 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
TuneMonger.

This is a fantastic listen! Funky, cool, tasteful, engaging and entertaining.... just wonderful listening all the way.

I really like the choice of Realtracks that you've used and your singers are superb! The lyrics really caught my imagination and I LOVE the hook, 'Apple bite'.

This is definitely a creation to take a lot of pride in.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
TuneMonger #575035 01/08/20 08:36 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is quite sensational, quality throughout, and the vocals are the icing on the cake.

I really like the choice of instruments, the groove keeps one totally captured by the song right from start to the very last note.

Fantastic lyrics, really excellent. My only other comment is 'level-wise' the mix might be a bit hot.

This could justifiably get airplay. It is full of appeal from every angle.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
TuneMonger #575044 01/08/20 11:32 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Tunemonger,

that's really a heckuvatune. So well-sung, terrifiv BGV, great arrangement, the sax solo fits it like a glove.

LOVE IT!

take care,

Stefan

TuneMonger #575313 01/10/20 06:06 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very cool soul! Super catchy chorus and great vocals and the funky band to support it. Lovely, or even hot, romantic lyrics. Surely a hit material.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

TuneMonger #575316 01/10/20 06:19 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You hit a home run with those folks on the vocals.

The two of them along with your BiaB choices and the
mix make for a really cool and, is oft said, catchy
groove.

Very nice and enjoyable!

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,481
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195