Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
You ever feel like there is probably more to the story?

He admitted having a loaded semi-automatic 40 caliber 'handgun' in a vehicle.

That is against the law in most large cities.
Why they found it in the first place, I don't know, haven't paid much attention.

When I heard 'Rapper arrested for having a loaded semi-automatic handgun' I stopped listening. The whole 'gangsta rap' thing does that for me. I just don't get it I guess. Act like a gansta, then go on stage and yell about how much of a gangsta you are (to draw attention), get arrested, seems counter-productive to me.
Call me what you will.

Last edited by rharv; 03/09/10 07:08 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
rharv,

Quote:

You ever feel like there is probably more to the story?

I'm sure there is. I've seen the "headlines", but I haven't followed the story. But if you're in a state like NY, don't have a hand gun unless you are prepared to go to jail.

That sucks. The only people that can "slide" by with a hand gun offense in NY are the repeat criminals.

There are only a handfull of C&C permits in NY. Therefore, only the criminals carry guns.

"If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns". A lot of people misunderstand this statement.

Good people + guns = good. Bad people + guns = bad.

If the good people have guns, the bad people are more likely to take their frustration out on each other. The bad people will ALWAYS have guns.

It's up to us to hold up the Constitution to make sure the good people keep their guns.

This simplistic explanation wasn't for you. You already get it.

Take care,

Bob

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Nothing clear about that. New York is stupid? We have a Charter of Rights, and it's for the whole country. Not just parts.

I'm and confused on that issue.

The other caveat is if you advertise that you need a handgun to be safe, where will the billions in tourism dollars go when everyone finds out they are unsafe? It can end up that no one visits, out of fear.

That conflicts me, and many of my friends. We venture about 10 miles in and head home with a few things that are cheaper.

Nothing we like better than a bargain, even a 29 cent per pound turkey.

Until the National Guard started standing at the northern crossings in fatigues and helmets and auto weapons. Scared me.

With 1 Billion bucks in trade PER DAY between us an you, we need a better way to explain why we are ALL treated like the enemy.

My Band quit the 12 gigs a year on parade in Michigan, sometimes it was 3 hours at the border.

The Chicago Tribune said the biggest menace at the Canadian Border was the Drug Trade. Americans buying cheap arthritis medicine and importing it. I can attest to that, there are bus loads of Americans at our malls every day, buying drugs made in the US and at 1/4 the price. Most are African Americans, and I always talk to them, nice folks, and very happy to save several hundred bucks a month on their medications.

In Canadian dollars I take 900 bucks worth of pills a month, paid for by the Fire department plan, until I turn 65 and then it's going to cost me 3.99 a prescription to fill 3 months worth. That will be about 30 bucks a month...but that's squat compared to the 3 pensions I get.

And there are a lot of countries with better plans than us. In France you call a number and a doctor shows up in an emergency car within 30 minutes and treats you. Oh wait, a loser nation, where you get 5 weeks of paid vacation if you work at McDonald's.

And my Mom's family is the original McDonald's of the Isles and they sent us here. Hm...

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John,

I would "quote" you, but why bother.

The basic laws regarding guns have been here since 1791. Yes, the difference in state laws is confusing. It is to us too.

My advice for you would be to stay in Canada. You understand and like the laws there.

We are still willing to deal with our differences south of your border. We'll get it worked out.

Until then, we are willing to accept our "50" differences and work to a mutual understanding.

We'll get there. We always have................We always will.

Bob

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Ah but that's what members of this forum have called us over the years.

If that's what you think, I'm ok with that.

I walk into the hospital or the docs office and pay nada. My supplementary health plan ( and my wife's) will both pay for almost anything else.

I loved all those years parading in Michigan, lots of fun, great times, great people. When it took 2 to 3 hours to cross the border, and in the 60 of us that went as a marching band were stuck waiting, being pulled over and cross examined, the average age was 65, well, we voted not to go back. We sent our best wishes to the organizers, and said, we are spending 2 to 300 bucks a couple to make 800 bucks US. Do the math. No brain er. Sorry. We lost a good time, and you lost a band who played real music. Ever year in one town we got an extra donation of 200 US from a retired marine because we played the Marine Hymn in 4 part harmony. Made that guy cry every time. Wished the high school bands would quit playing music no one understood and more played like us.

At the end of the day I don't know anymore. My dream was to travel the us. Now you all have guns to protect yourselves and I'm exposed, naked, and a target. Scary. As I said before, if the world decides the cannot visit you because you NEED A handgun or your dead, then you are going to be way poorer.

I still say I've way more guns than you. No handguns involved.

Back to the wife and I putting in Civil War music for our next Brass Band Concert. We have to because our brass band does treble clef. So we have finished the last 3 pieces. BTW, never had one of those civil wars here.

Have Fun.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I was researching a route south, and noted that a lot of states don't allow people from other states to carry their guns at all. I think it was WV. They say ok if you are from these 8 states or something, but otherwise what to you do? Then some have the thing locked in a box, the ammo somewhere else?

So you are being 'stuck up' and you ask for time to unlock the gun and load it?

Just today they said Little Wayne (whoever that is) is going to jail for a year for having a loaded handgun on his tour bus.

And those NBA guys who drew on each other both are going to jail? Suspended?

Obviously some of you have more amendments that the others, which I find odd.

It's very straightforward here. You have your handgun in a locked case in your house, the ammo elsewhere, locked. You call the police, say you are going to the range, drive there without stopping, shoot, and go home.

I share the range with those guys when I sight in the rifles once a year.

I was having a beverage with a cop friend of mine who worked in NYC for a few weeks on a work exchange. He said we have 60,000 cops in all of Canada, and NYC has almost 40,000, add in the other police forces and the state troopers, they have more cops in one state than we have in the whole country. Now that's odd.

I just a leery of showing up somewhere looking affluent and with out of state plates and being a Target. Back to the pants with the hidden pockets, the fake wallet? I actually have them on now, Tilley pants, best thing since sliced bread. Inside passport pocket, velcro on the back pockets, extra pockets, and wash them in the sink at the end of day and hang them up, dry in 4 hours and wear them the next day.

John,
It IS a pain because it varies on a state by state basis. It is ludicrous, actually, but since the STATE is the issuing agent, then they get to control who has what.

Then, there's the issue of Reciprocity. If your state issues you a CCW, you may be traveling to a state that will honor that, no issue, but you may also be traveling through a state that will NOT honor it, and if you get stopped for whatever reason, and the cop finds the gun, it could mean a great deal of trouble.

When I lived on the East Coast, New Jersey has one of the toughest set of gun laws in the nation, and it is next to impossible to buy a gun there. Had I traveled across the state border into N.J. and had a gun in my possession, even though I have a CCW for it, I would most likely end up in jail.

We need a National CCW that allows for that, but I feel that it will be a long time coming.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I understand that being able to own and carry guns means a lot to a large number of US citizens (and citizens of other countries where gun ownership is common). Since I don't have the insights in the reasons why these people want to own guns or feel the need to, I cannot be pro or con gun laws. So I remain neutral in this

Having said that: I wondered if one is required to do some kind of exam or skill proof to get a gun permit. Do you have to keep your skills up to standard? Or can you get a permit, buy a gun and that's it?
Here one can get a permit and buy a gun if one is a member of a shooting club for at least one year. Then in order to keep the permit valid one has to visit the firing range and shoot the weapon at least 18 times a year. Guns may be stored at home, but in a locker. Ammo needs to be stored separate from the gun.

My personal view: guns and chainsaws are dang dangerous when handled by people who don't know one end from the other.

Mike,
To answer your question, that is set by the individual states. Some require that you have some formal training before they will issue permits, or even allow you to purchase a gun. In my state, Washington, there is no such requirement. You go to the local constabulary (sheriff's department in our case) and pay a set fee, fill out some paperwork, and have a set of fingerprints taken. The fingerprints, and your information are sent off to the FBI for quick review. If they come back negative, you can walk out with your permit.

Local laws restrict where you can shoot, so many people will go to the local range. Most ranges, any that are NRA affiliated, will have a Range Officer who controls the goings on along the range. People there are friendly. It comes from the person next to you holding a weapon, and you're holding a weapon, and both of you respect and trust each other. You have to. It's bad juju to be an ass around 15 armed people. So, with so many friendly people, it's very easy to go up to someone and say 'Hey, I've just bought this gun, and I don't really feel comfortable with it. Can you recommend someone to help me out with it." Most people will be that 'someone.' You take the time to get them situated and straightened out, and if they are still uncomfortable, then you send them to one of the numerous shooters education seminars/schools/etc. You may do that anyway.

My ammo is normally stored in a box, except for the ammo that is with and IN my handguns, which are locked in a safe. The safe is a digital one, so I think someone is going to be coming through the front door, I have enough time to get a gun. Other than that, it's safe from people who should not touch guns.

As to your last statement, and something that in ingrained in me from the very first time I fired my very first rifle (aged 7) is this. 'Treat a gun like it is ALWAYS loaded.' The only time my gun is 'unloaded' is when it's sitting on the counter, in pieces, being cleaned, and I can see through the barrel which I'm holding in my hand.

Finally, I want to say something that may offend a lot of people, but I think it's accurate and on target.

Most anyone who is willing to think logically about guns will realize that it is not the gun that commits the crime, it is not the gun who decides that it's going to go on a shooting streak, and kill civilians on a college campus, or gun down four police officers drinking coffee and getting ready to go to work. Most people also will agree that in most cases, the person using the gun is either a criminal or should have never had the gun in the first place. The VTI shooter, Cho, was diagnosed as mentally ill, and should have never been allowed to buy the guns. Those who saw his videos or his manifesto should have contacted police. Unfortunately, that never happened, and it might have prevented that horrible massacre.
However, ON THE WHOLE, our civilization, over the last 50 years, has become increasingly criminal, and we fail to do anything about it. I can not speak of other countries, but here, when a person sits on 'Death Row' for tens of years, because of all the formalities, second, third and fourth chances, it doesn't say much about our justice system. When we send a person to prison for 15 years, and they're released after 22 months because of 'overcrowding' that also doesn't send a message of horrors and fate worse than death to those who should be detered by it.
Maybe we need to go back to chain gangs, forced labor, and truly 'hard time' to send out the message that prison is not where you want to be, nor is it a fun place. Let's make old men out of those 18 and 20 year olds who are sent to prison, by the time they are released 15 years down the road. Let's tell people 'if you commit a violent crime, you are going to suffer a violent end' in prison, and stand behind that. The comic Ron White talked about Texas putting in an 'Express Lane' for the death penalty when certain requirements were met. Maybe we ought to do this all over.
The biggest question that I have to ask is 'how did these people get to be this way in the first place?' I think we can answer that very simply. They did not have good parents. I see too often parents complain about the school systems because 'they aren't raising their children well.' If you ask the parent why they think it's the school's responsibility to raise the child, and not theirs, often the answer is 'I don't have time!' or 'it's what we pay taxes for!' To me that is one of the most telling of all indicators as to why we are the way we are today.

We can not reduce crime, of any kind, because those who are committing it are past the age of learning differently, from parents who might actually care about them. So, let's put the criminals away, send a very direct and large message to those who would be willing to follow in the footsteps of those who have gone before them that this pathway will lead to destruction and death...YOURS! Of course, we'll have to follow through on it, and there are too many in our country, and around the world, who don't have the stomach for it. That is too bad.

Off my soap box.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Seems stupid, doesn't it, John? We're neighbors, good neighbors at that, and yet fear of things we can not control, things the Canadians can not control, drive us to where we are now.

And, I agree that Canada has the right take on this, let 'em in! However, I don't really want a Passport to get back into my own country, that's just nuts.

If the druggies want to send stuff here, it's going to make it. If the terrorists want to get in from up north, or down south, they're going to get in. Why make it harder?

As for our laws, they are confusing, but we tend to get used to them, and anyone traveling outside of their own country may find laws elsewhere confusing too, but the locals understand them.

So, I dunno.

Gary

Off-Topic
A
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
A
It seems that many people who aren't living in the US or haven't visited here very often get a very false impression of a well armed citizenry. Many people where I work have State issued concealed carry pemits - they make no secret of it. I don't feel at all threatened by this knowldge; in fact, it gives me a feeling of comfort knowing that law-abiding, trained people are out there carrying firearms. Like a lot of Americans, I fear my own government more that it's citizens. States which have concealed carry laws have not seen any increase in firearms violence, and several have decreasing incidents.

The cities with draconian restrictions on firearms ownership have the highest gun crime [Washington, D.C. etc.] because the armed thugs know that the citizens are helpless to defend themselves.

Texas has recently passed a series of laws allowing law abiding citizens the right not to be prosecuted for the lawful use of a firearm in self/family defense virtually anywhere. Essentially, these laws say that when threatened, the citizen does not have an obligation to flee, but can stand their ground and defend themselves and others from serious, life-threatening attacks. This seems very common sense to me, but I am amazed how many people believe that this behavior is somehow flawed.

Gun crimes in this country are almost all committed by mentially ill people or criminals. This may be an indictment of our pathetic mental health system and of our nearly broken criminal law system, but it's not an indictment of armed citizens, who have prevented countless crimes by appearing with and /or using a firearm. You may not hear about these incidents because they don't get the press coverage, but tens of thousands occur every year.

The US continues to have a vibrant tourist trade despite it's well-armed citizenry. If you fear these citizens, then go ahead and spend your leasure time and money elsewhere, but please be advised that the good folks aren't going to hurt you.

Fire, the wheel, and the I IV V -- foundations of civilization.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Axegrinder01,

Very well stated. If all 50 of the states adopted the Texas approach on a whole host of things, then the US would be better for it.

Hopefully someday all 50 states will honor the C&C permits of other states. The country would be better for it.

It's indesputable that the violent crime rate would go down on law abiding citizens. "Visitors" from other countries and non-carrying people would also be safer.

Thanks for the great post.

Bob

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Quote:

Just to give you a UK perspective on this thread (OK I realise its my own view but my guess is that it represents mainstream opinion).
Totally insane.
Normal, respected and respectable law-abiding citizens discussing gun types and debating the right to bear arms?!
In the UK we look twice when we see a policeman carrying a gun, it's that unusual.
However did you get yourselves into such a situation?

Thank you for a breath of sanity.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sanity, Marv? Read this...

UK Crime Statistics

To tell you the truth, I was shocked by this. I've heard a few people on talk shows talking about this but never bothered to look it up myself. Here's just a short quote:

"Crime in the UK is exploding at an alarming rate. According to recently released statistics, it’s the most violent place in the European Union. And those who parry that “it’s not as bad as the U.S.” — as so many do when talking crime statistics — are correct. The UK is worse."

Read the whole thing and check out the links.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

I really hope some of the folks here take time to read the link you posted. It’s a great article.

This statement jumped out at me regarding the UK:

Quote:

This is a country that has completely disarmed its populace and enacted severe penalties for those engaging in self-defense. Victims who fight back are as likely to end up in court as those that attacked them.

Marv, if there is anything insane, it’s doing what’s described above. Please check out the link from jazzmammal.

Bob

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
There is no more chance of your convincing me of the value of gun ownership than there is of me convincing you of its folly.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Very true Marv. I support your right to not want to own a gun.

The question is, do you support my right to own one? Probably not.

So it all boils down to a group of people wanting to take the rights of another group of people away.

Bob

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I've researched the issue quite a bit over the last few months. The main decision is how to spend our retirement years.

1. Buy and RV and mostly travel in North America, with the side trip to the UK, Scotland, France.

2. Just Travel, live in Central Mexico sometimes with friends.

The statistics on crime and my conclusions are this.

Yes the US is on the whole 10 times more violent than in Canada, however it appears that most of that is in the larger cities, and happens at night or in specific areas.

So I stay out of Downtown areas in NJ, or Dallas etc. That's easy, especially at night, since unless it's band night like tonight I'm snoozin at 10:30.

What alarms non-americans is the issue of I gotta have a gun to protect myself. But you can go to lots of states with it, but it's a right. We don't get that, because that stuff is regulated on the federal level, not the provincial or state level. The state builds bridges, roads, 'manages' health care as the feds dictate, and in some 'states' /provinces they provide policing outside the cities. There is a clear line between who does what. The attitude that if I don't have a gun so I'm gonna be a victim and it's my right, makes a tourist feel inferior.

Honestly perhaps you should pass a law that when you turn 19 you go to gun school for a week and you get some cash towards a gun. If that makes the country safer, then you'd need no cops, just give the citizens the right to shoot all the bad guys. Every American would be a cop. If we examine the cost of policing and jailing people vrs. our Health care costs, you guys could all have free deluxe health care of your choice.

I'd be ok if every american had a gun and was going to protect me.

But to paint the picture that you'd be vulnerable not having a gun leaves outsiders to wonder what the heck is going on. Is that simply enough stated? I have no problem with whatever you want to do. Your country. But it seems a patchwork of stuff.

I voted against long gun registration in this country. However to buy any ammo you need a permit, and have to go to 3 days of school to get it. Then when they pull you over, OR show up at your house the cop computer in the car goes to the database and instead of a nice conversation about your barking dog, you are a 'freak' gun owner and they bring 4 cruisers to say shut the mutt up. The current 'conservative' government has promised to dump that long gun registry and the ability of the police to run that check, but they don't have the numbers to ram it through.

The real problem with guns and downtown is the crime of the moment. If you have one, and someone pushes you to the point you see the red rage, the irrational can happen.

In reality we are way more violent. I've been in about 500 fights at least. Usually I got the other guys hockey sweater over his head and gave him a black eye or maybe knocked out a tooth. But after the game we go to the same bar, laugh and drink beers. The guy with the black eye usually will make you buy him one. If you counted hockey fights as crime we'd all be in jail.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well said, John. Regarding your point about it being awfully patchwork here in the US, of course you're right because we're lucky enough to live in democracies. Somebody once said democracy is the worst form of government ever invented except for everything else. Someone else said 95% of everything is crap including people and the only thing that makes the world go around is everybody has a different idea about that remaining 5%...
I liked General McChrystal's comment on the news yesterday about a meeting he had with some tribal elders in Afghanistan where they were all basically screaming at each other and he said with a little shrug "Yelling is ok, they're not shooting".

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Quote:

To tell you the truth, I was shocked by this.

Well at least we agree on that, Bob.
I was shocked by this article too!

With respect, Bob (and Bob). That blog article appears to be a waste of good server space.

“This is a country that has completely disarmed its populace”
No it hasn’t. The populace was never armed in the first place

“Crime in the UK is exploding at an alarming rate.”
No it isn’t. It’s declining.

“All police recorded crime down 5% to 4.7 million crimes” (Crime in England and Wales 2008-2009 compared to 2007-2008)

Source UK Government

The Daily Mail table comparing crime rates across 10 different countries uses 3 different data sources.
Is each survey measuring the same thing? Highly unlikely.

It’s difficult for us to get the message across to you, but the Daily Mail is simply not a reliable source of information on anything. It is sensationalist, anecdotal and reader hungry.

Your source:
A private blog written – as it happens – by an American:

My source: one of the world's most respected and fiercelyindependent news magazines quoting government provided statistics.

For further reading, this is a summary of the latest Home Office crime report

So having more guns makes the people safer?
Not according to the intentional homicide rate figures, prepared (not I’m sorry to say by the Daily Mail!) but by the Global Burden of Armed Violence Report undertaken as part of the Geneva Declaration on Armed Violence and Development.

The comparative figures which interest us are as follows (homicides per 100,000 population)
USA: 5.4
Northern Ireland: 2.5
Scotland: 2.1
England and Wales: 1.4
and, specially for John,
Canada: 1.8

Last edited by mglinert; 03/11/10 06:58 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Until the Daily Mail trashed Canada during the Olympics I knew little about the rag. The CBC claimed that the paper was about 3 notches below the National Enquirer, and just a likely to announce aliens have infiltrated the government of Ireland and are plotting the overthrow of the world.

In the end, our population breathed a sigh of relief, because the reaction was for us to believe that we must have been very off track, and we were appalled that people thought that about 'us'.

The are credible sources of of data. I used the Center for Justice in Canada. I see we have a bigger problem with car theft. That's due to a bunch of odd factors, and I'd rather not get into it because about 30 percent of the thefts are easily explained, and the bulk of them in Toronto and Montreal are organized crime. On the other hand we get US tv and that show about the car jacking squad in NJ is funny because it exposes most criminals as idiots. But as a footnote, at 2 a.m. in this city of 400,000 people there are less than 10 cops in cars on the street with the exception of Friday and Saturday when it bumps up depending on weather, and what hockey games is running.

The perception problem of guns in the US is made much worse by Hollywood. You'd think the wild west included hourly shootings, hangings, and burials. And that Tony Soprano and his pals all had a gun everywhere. Then someone here said that NJ has very strict laws.

A friend works at customs, takes tours at Port Huron and Detroit. Remember this stat, 1 billion dollars of goods a day, usually tilted in our favour due to the natural resources going south and finished goods coming north. She said that if a family, who sees the sign NO HANDGUNS admit to having one, they give them a list of 3 places in Port Huron with gun lockers, and ask them to go back and stash it. Have a nice day.

Now they are in the process of arming our border guards. A 5 year project. Before that they were just polite. It saddens me to see the Fortress America thing. The wrong side is winning.

The Chicago Tribune admitted in a recent article about Canada/Mexico that there is a drug trade problem at the northern border. Americans visiting Canada and returning with cheap arthritis medication. Dastardly that.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195