Expert
Expert
M
pat.
all i want is a happy world.
a pipe dream mebe.
but mebe one day it will happen.
and there wont be many people living in the world in dire situations
without decent housing and nutrition etc etc.
talking of religion..where i have a problem..
(and i believe in the old brit adage...do unto others as you would want to be treated.)
if there truly is a god overseeing us all...why do many of his (or her)
children have such pain n suffering on this earth ??
ive talked with many great religious minds on this aspect without getting reconciliation.
my mother of 92 says we are here on this looney planet as a "test".
her theory is our path is chosen by us before we come here.
viz you can choose long life or wealth or love or whatever ,
but not everything.

retired puter engr....powertracks on amd......NICE !
"what is the black art of audio engineering ?"
my silly songs...motagator.com/bmanning
see my tips in the tips section.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

(and i believe in the old brit adage...do unto others as you would want to be treated.)

Brits did a lot but I don't think they can claim that one!

/kinda grumpy this morning
//get off my lawn!

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
rharv,
I must agree with you there.
By the way what is it that America exports most?

Chris
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
[quote
/kinda grumpy this morning
//get off my lawn!

funny you should say that, Bob..

I've been noticing something about discussion banter that I had never caught before.

In the morning when I am rested and having my coffee, I tend to post thoughts that are upbeat. But at night when I come home tired after getting beat up at work all day, I re-read what I wrote in the morning and it no longer resonates with me. AND I'M THE SAME PERSON WHO WROTE IT! I can't blame the changed perception on somebody else's different world view, because I have the same world view as myself.

So I have to allow that how we feel when we read posts in a forum has a lot to do with how we respond.

Bear in mind as you read this that I just got up and I'm having my morning coffee. Later tonight when I re-read this I'll be thinking "what a load of nonsense! Who thought up this junk anyway?"

;-)

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

pat.
all i want is a happy world.
a pipe dream mebe.

interestingly, some people claim to be happy in spite of the fact that this life is not perfect. So, whereas it is a pipe dream to have a perfect world, it is totally attainable to have a reasonably happy and fulfilling life

Quote:

but mebe one day it will happen.
and there wont be many people living in the world in dire situations
without decent housing and nutrition etc etc.

I make a distinction between religion and faith. I am a big fan of faith, but I think religion is inherently false... by definition I see "religion" as man's made up way of being acceptable. Interesting to note that the word RELIGION is only mentioned a few times in the bible, and it is almost always in the context of a false belief system.

Quote:

You believe that? Well, I believe it too! (FWIW, that's a paraphrased quote from the bible.)

Maybe we aren't so different after all.

Last edited by Pat Marr; 03/19/10 10:15 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

ive talked with many great religious minds on this aspect without getting reconciliation.
my mother of 92 says we are here on this looney planet as a "test".
her theory is our path is chosen by us before we come here.
viz you can choose long life or wealth or love or whatever ,
but not everything.

I think the reason why this same question gets asked in virtually every forum discussion of faith is this:

mankind has made up a god who is apparently a nice old man wearing a housecoat and flip-flops who either does nice things for those who pray, or smites bad people. They hold this made-up god to an arbitrary set of standards, then get angry and disappointed when he fails to live up to the imagined expectations.

This idea of "putting God to the test" fails because it does not take into consideration who God really claims to be, or what He has really promised. It's like going to court to sue the manufacturer of some product because you didn't get rich from using the product.... but the manufacturer never claimed you would

Imagine somebody who steps off a cliff, then says "How could a loving gravity allow me to fall?"

That would be ridiculous. Anybody can look at the world and see what happens when you step off a cliff. It isn't gravity's fault the person who walked off the cliff fell down. Gravity is good. It keeps us grounded (pardon the pun)

A better question might be to ask why the guy's brother let him walk off the cliff.

Last edited by Pat Marr; 03/19/10 10:12 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Biggest export = food - grain mostly. A lot of it is given away and not figured into the financial repots as such.
Almost half of the world's grain export comes from the US.

Medical items are very high on the list also BTW.

Pat, at least we know when we are out of sorts.. that must count for something (I hope).

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Biggest export = food - grain mostly. A lot of it is given away and not figured into the financial repots as such.
Almost half of the world's grain export comes from the US.

Medical items are very high on the list also BTW.

Pat, at least we know when we are out of sorts.. that must count for something (I hope).

Bob,
if that's the way you respond when you're grouchy, you are a prince of kindness! Your responses on every thread I've seen have been gracious, long-suffering and helpful. In a forum, that's the best possible combination. So, if this is worst-case, Now I want to see how you respond when you're in a good mood!

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Manning, you answered the question yourself in your own post. There is suffering not because God is negligent, but because of man's inhumanity to man. The meanness comes from people, not from God.
If people did what the bible says (your own quote about doing unto others) there would be less of that. So if you want the effect that is derived from the practicing of faith, I don't understand why you would have a problem with the discussion of that mindset.

Interestingly, this is a variation on the same theme of entitlement we have been discussing. Remember, entitlement is the mindset of making somebody else responsible for what we should be doing for ourselves. It's easier to blame God for the condition of the world than it is to change our behavior and walk in love toward one another. (Or are we only concerned about what OTHER people aren't doing? Where does personal accountability fit into the equation?)

But I speak in concrete and limited analogies and terms. Let us move on to a larger possibility that the ultimate plan of an eternal God just might be a lot bigger than we can comprehend, and so it is somewhat pointless to try justifying an infinite truth with a finite mind.

Principles don't need for us to understand them, they stand on their own merit. Long before Newton understood gravity, gravity still worked. Even if you don't believe in gravity, if you step off a cliff, gravity will still do what gravity does. Disbelief in reality does not negate reality.

Last edited by Pat Marr; 03/19/10 10:35 AM.
Off-Topic
M
Expert
Expert
M
pat..
your right of course , meanness comes from people.
frankly ive given up reading the daily newspapers ,
cos every day they are full of news items where
someone has hurt someone else. or hurt even an animal.
and i find so much news upsetting.

rharv..re do unto others..my aplogies mate..
of course its a world saying.
i didnt mean to imply it wasnt.
it was drilled into me by my parents//school from a young age.

retired puter engr....powertracks on amd......NICE !
"what is the black art of audio engineering ?"
my silly songs...motagator.com/bmanning
see my tips in the tips section.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,455
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195