You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#66713 - 03/22/10 02:14 AM [RealBand] Generating realtrack in RB
critter Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Wisconsin
To all the Master RB personel, a Question from a, I won't say it. I found a good harmonica soloist, for first 8 bars, now I want to use it for the solo in the middle of the song and then again at the last 8 bars, I think I know I will have to regenerate it at the other points on different tracks, I think? When I generated the first 8 bars, how do I erase the rest of the track til the end of song? and then insert on the other two tracks in the same fashion, and erase the tracks when not needed. Thanks, hope that makes sense.

#66714 - 03/22/10 03:25 AM [RealBand] Re: Generating realtrack in RB [Re: critter]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

To all the Master RB personel, a Question from a, I won't say it. I found a good harmonica soloist, for first 8 bars, now I want to use it for the solo in the middle of the song and then again at the last 8 bars, I think I know I will have to regenerate it at the other points on different tracks, I think? When I generated the first 8 bars, how do I erase the rest of the track til the end of song? and then insert on the other two tracks in the same fashion, and erase the tracks when not needed. Thanks, hope that makes sense.

Hi Critter!

You don't need 3 separate tracks for the 3 parts. You can put all 3 parts on the same track, separated by silence. (Or you can use 3 tracks. Your choice. Works either way.)

You can do this a couple of different ways. The easy way is to generate the whole track once, then delete just the sections you don't want.

To delete a section, just hilight it by clicking the mouse where you want to start deleting, then hold the mouse button down and drag the cursor to where you want to stop deleting. Then press the DELETE key (or you can click EDIT/CUT/KEEP GAP)

Note: when DELETING, start by deleting a little bit LESS than you need to... leave a little extra for fade-in and fade-out

The other way is to generate each section separately by hilighting the area you want to generate before you select and generate your realtrack. NOTE: When doing it this way it is a good idea to generate a little MORE on both sides of your stop/start points so you can fade in and fade out. In the mix this generally results in a more natural sounding part rather than an abrupt stop and start. But even if you want abrupt beginnings and endings, its a good idea to generate a little more than you need so you can trim it more precisely.

Hope this helps!

#66715 - 03/22/10 06:55 AM [RealBand] Re: Generating realtrack in RB [Re: Pat Marr]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
If it is a particular lick you have already generated, then you can copy & paste that section to wherever you want by using similar method to what Pat said. You highlite the section and edit-copy, then move cursor where you want it and use edit-paste.

In Pat's post I prefer using 'edit-cut' as opposed to the delete key for a couple reasons. One is the ability to undo further down the line, and the other is the ability to enable the 'smooth audio cuts' box if needed.

#66716 - 03/22/10 07:53 AM [RealBand] Re: Generating realtrack in RB [Re: rharv]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

I'm with RHARV
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.Wintertexaninfo.com/Bands/JohnnyD.php

#66717 - 03/22/10 11:07 AM [RealBand] Re: Generating realtrack in RB [Re: rharv]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

In Pat's post I prefer using 'edit-cut' as opposed to the delete key for a couple reasons. One is the ability to undo further down the line, and the other is the ability to enable the 'smooth audio cuts' box if needed.

Thanks Bob. Good advice. I always do it that way too, but the description was getting kind of long, and I was groping for ways to "keep it simple"

There are problems associated with using CUT too, and I didn't want to lead him into any frustrating situations this early in the learning curve. In some situations, CUT closes the gap, and for a new user who may not understand what happened, that would be a real kicker.

I have also had CUT throw me a curve by removing the whole section of song, chords and all. I Didn't want to set him up for that either. Delete is a one-keypress solution that always seems to work without introducing the other problems. FWIW, I just deleted a section then tried to undo the deletion. Undo worked, even after deleting. So, the main difference then is in the smoothing. If he fades in and out, that accomplishes approximately the same thing.

Bottom line, Critter, you have more options with CUT. When you CUT a passage there is a dialog box that opens giving you control of a lot of things that you just can't control with DELETE. It's a good idea to follow RHARV and SILVERTONES advice and get in the habit of using CUT from the beginning.

#66718 - 03/22/10 11:28 AM [RealBand] Re: Generating realtrack in RB [Re: Pat Marr]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Personal experience, and may have been only in previous versions, is that the 'delete' undo gets lost further down the line, after a couple other undo's are performed. May not be applicable in newer versions. I got into the cut habit right away after noticing this.

Correctly learning the Cut Copy Paste routines takes a *little* time but opens more options, which makes it worth it.

#66719 - 03/22/10 11:32 PM [RealBand] Re: Generating realtrack in RB [Re: rharv]
critter Offline
Journeyman

Thanks for the info, will work on it tommorow.

#66720 - 03/23/10 12:28 AM [RealBand] Re: Generating realtrack in RB [Re: critter]
critter Offline
Journeyman

Forget tomorrow, I did a cut for the three sets of solo, it worked out great, now if I want to regenerate one of the sections, for a fresh start, what is the process. Thanks

#66721 - 03/23/10 12:36 AM [RealBand] Re: Generating realtrack in RB [Re: critter]
critter Offline
Journeyman

Never mind I figured it out, highlighted the area then regenerated highlighted area for the track. Worked great, wow sometimes I surprise myself..................

PG Music News
Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Save Notation Window as a Video with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Did you know... Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac allows you to save the Notation Window as a video? What a great way to share your songs with users, and LEARN from the notation as you listen!

From the program manual:
[Save As] | Save as video
-In the Make Notation Video dialog, select a track at the upper left corner. (Note: The dialog title says “Make Chord Sheet Video” until you select a track.)
-You can also set the dimension (width/height) of the video and select the number of frames per second and a specific codec.
-Press the [OK - Render Video] button to start rendering the video. When the video has been created, press the [Show Video File] button.
-You can then double click on the file to watch the rendered video.

Note: A special use of this feature is to combine a Video RealTracks (new with version 2018) with the corresponding notation in a single video. This creates an educational video, which shows the actual performance with notation/tab, playing over your chord progression! To do this, right-click on the Master button or one of the track buttons at the top of the main screen and select Render Video(s) from the menu.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Resource - Individual New Features Videos

The release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac added 50+ new features and enhancements, Video RealTracks, 202 new RealTracks, and more!

Here is a summary of the videos created to highlight the new additions and features:
(click on the title to play the video)
-Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes!
-Complete New Features Video
-2018 Audio Chord Wizard
-Piano Roll Window
-Vocal Ooh & Aahs
-Audio Harmonies
-Video RealTracks
-202 NEW RealTracks
-40 Bonus RealTracks in the 2018 49-PAK

Summer NAMM 2018 Shout Out!

We were just down in Nashville for the 2018 Summer NAMM show. We were especially excited to attend this trade show as we've had a number or musicians record RealTracks for us in Nashville, and we hoped to meet them in person!

Click here to see everyone who stopped by!

From left to right:

RealTracks Producer Mike Harrison, PG Music's own Tobin Frank, and RealTracks Artist Wanda Vick
RealTracks Artist Eddy Dunlap & Tobin
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Brent Mason
RealTracks Artists Dave Cleveland and Darin Favorite with Mike and Tobin
Tobin with Brent Mason, Mike Harris, and Darin Favorite
Mike & RealTracks Artist Jelly Roll Johnson
Tobin & RealTracks Artist Jason Roller
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Tony King
Band-in-a-Box Endorser Bobby Cochran with Tobin & Mike

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. It was so great to meet everyone!!

Forum Stats
27716 Members
50 Forums
52594 Topics
435912 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jigelaz, gerry logan, jack homburg, perljazz, dreamoutlaw

27715 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 155
Noel96 151