Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#727412 08/12/22 03:37 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

So Many Roads

This is another co-write with my wife, Kathy. Marty Straub (BabuMusic) is on the bass guitar and Christiane (Chris) Spruit did the vocals.

The Band:

RealTracks in song: 2368:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment Bluesy12-8John Sw 060
RealTracks in song: 1924:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockSlow12-8Sol Sw 060
RealTracks in song: 1923:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockSlow12-8Brent Sw 060

Marty Straub from BabuMusic is on the bass, and I'm playing the guitar leads.

I used EZDrummer3 for the drums and percussion.

Mixed in Reaper, mastered with Ozone.

So Many Roads (2022, Dave and Kathy Bell)

So many roads, that you can take
so many choices, that you can make
Move down a new road, is this the way
To make a life, for love to stay

so little time, so much to see
If you're gonna to do it right, you gotta find the key
How far down the road till I suddenly wake
and wonder what I have become for your sake
so little time, so much to see

Mistakes were made, more wrong roads than right
you gotta travel down the road sometimes, to find the light

so many choices, that you can make
At the end of the day, you gotta pay your dues
and that is why , I play the blues

All Comments welcome!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Howdy Blue....

I like this one.

Clean vox, well recorded and cool axe tone and good lead lines.
It has a haunting, appealing vibe.
Harmonies are a bit subtle in the mix but they work fine.

Good job by all.

Have a good one....

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave and team,

It's been a while since I have heard from you, but you came back in a powerful way! This track is awesome in EVERY way! Everything sounds tight and flows beautifully! I love that soft rhythm texture you have going on the guitar and the lead work is some of your best, I think! Marty and Chris's work once again is professional level! Great tune!

Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What can I say? Absolutely great, vocals, guitar, bass, drums and keyboard (and lyrics).
Just a preference thing; I was hoping for another superb guitar solo in the outro. Six minutes of this would not be too long.

Well done everyone.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave,

Once again, this is a great collaboration. Excellent song and the production is stellar.

Loved it! Nothing else to say!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thoroughly enjoyable! Indeed a nice and tight overall sound.

Excellent bass, good vocals (I particularly liked the harmony sections), and then of course the powerful solo!

Rob

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Dave...this was like turning on a soft rock radio station and hearing a great song...it is so tight and professional sounding...first off a great recording begins with a great write...you and Kathy did a stellar job...Chris has such a beautiful clear voice and when the harmonies come in...well...I'm completely hooked at that point...Marty is ...well...Marty! and your lead work is (as usual) some of the best I've heard...this is a killer song and recording...well done all!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2023, Steinberg Cubase Pro 12, Wavelab 11.1, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice song.... it has a Long Road out of Eden Eagles groove to it.

Tasty guitar solo.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Cool sound! Man you've got a good team to work with, from writing to the final mix. Everyone fits together so well, and it really sounds smooth. Loved it all. Your lead guitar fit in with that haunting groove perfectly. I like it the way it is, but I guess I'm greedy, because I too would have loved to hear it go on longer with a guitar outro. Well done!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is one outstanding collaboration.

Everything is tight.

Super chops and vocals.

This pro all the way.

Loved it

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
firesong #727465 08/12/22 09:42 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: firesong
this is a killer song and recording...well done all!

I wish there were a series of "Nomination Buttons" for 2022 PG Music Award For Best . . . " .
This would be nominated by many I'm sure smile

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
firesong #727471 08/12/22 10:03 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: firesong
Dave...this was like turning on a soft rock radio station and hearing a great song...it is so tight and professional sounding...first off a great recording begins with a great write...you and Kathy did a stellar job...Chris has such a beautiful clear voice and when the harmonies come in...well...I'm completely hooked at that point...Marty is ...well...Marty! and your lead work is (as usual) some of the best I've heard...this is a killer song and recording...well done all!

This!
Nothing to add, I really like everything in this song.

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I'm normally not a fan of a clicky kick but it works when playing along with Marty's bass.
Cool song...everything works and the lead tone is fabulous.
Well done bell, bell, spruit & straub.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Dave ...

You guys really hit the nail on the head with this one. Love that distortion on your guitar. terrific write, excellent vocal, and, as always, a super presentation. That was a great listen!

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Chris, Dave and Marty
That sounds absolutely excellent
Can be played on the radio immediately
Extremely good work from all
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Howdy Blue....

I like this one.

Clean vox, well recorded and cool axe tone and good lead lines.
It has a haunting, appealing vibe.
Harmonies are a bit subtle in the mix but they work fine.

Good job by all.

Have a good one....

Thanks for checking out the song and the positive feedback!

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Dave and team,

It's been a while since I have heard from you, but you came back in a powerful way! This track is awesome in EVERY way! Everything sounds tight and flows beautifully! I love that soft rhythm texture you have going on the guitar and the lead work is some of your best, I think! Marty and Chris's work once again is professional level! Great tune!

Thanks, Torrey

Hi Torrey,

That solo was just a one take improv designed to be a placeholder so that Marty and Chris would know where the solo went when I sent them the demo. But they both liked it so I kept it, sometimes best when you don't over think things I guess wink

Thanks for your support over the years, very much appreciated!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ah, thanks, Dave... and Kathy. You guys are writing winners. Please never stop. Thanks to those appreciating my small contribution, and I too would like a 6-minute outro. Oh, wait, that's not what was said exactly. My favorite quote here so far is from Ray: "bell, bell, spruit & straub" has a good ring to it.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Y'all are in top form here.

A good song. Really like the bridge.
Chris does her usual excellent vocal.
The harmonies are exceptional.
Marty does his usual. Buttery AND punchy.
Nice that you and Kathy write together!
Some of your best guitar work ever. Love the tone. Love the solo!

(I thought the drums needed more reverb)

A Great Listen.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I really liked that solo. Wow. I had to "rewind the tape" to go back and have another listen to it. Just cool. That's all the vocabulary I have for it.

Vocal is beautiful.

The song has the road journey quality to it.

Enjoyed it much!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Dave & Kathy,

Boy - this is a beauty!

Good song, good groove, good bass, good lyrics and great mix.

I particularly liked the vocals and lead guitar work - excellent.

Best Regards
Nigel

Last edited by NigelSpiers; 08/13/22 01:33 PM.

Nigel Spiers
Christchurch, New Zealand
info@nzacoustics.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,465
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195