Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#73200 - 05/18/10 11:31 AM [RealBand] RealBand TUTORIALS!
RayThigpen Offline
Expert

Loc: Georgia
I am amazed at how many emails I have received and continue to receive regarding the RB Tutorial (and other tutorials) I created and posted back in 2008. Persons contact me and tell me how much the tutorials have helped them to immediately express their learning and knowledge of RB by creating and producing files in RB. Many have written me and told me without the tutorials, they would have "never gotten the understanding" of how to use it. Some have said they have produced several songs by using my Tutorials and now understand how to use RB to its fullest advantage.

I'm not saying anything here to pat myself on the back or put a feather in my cap, I'm simply saying I am SO DELIGHTED that those tutorials have been USEFUL to some of you and that they got you to recording and producing music rather than bundling up the software and sending it back. That tickles me beyond measure. I listen to and look at those tutorials now and I think, "Oh my gosh.... how could anyone have gotten anything from those old thangs." But many of you have and I'm so glad I was able to impart something that made learning and using RB better for you. Thanks to everyone who has written... all of you have been so kind and so complimentary for a set of "primitive tools" that i put out there. But at the end of the day.... I'm so glad I was able to HELP! That's the best part of it. And your kind words sure brighten my day. Thank you all ---- you know who you are.

In case someone hasn't tried them: Tutorials

Dear me.......... I should update those ole tutorials............

And to think ---- i almost deleted those ole tutorials about a year ago. So glad I didn't!

#73201 - 05/18/10 01:14 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: RayThigpen]
dbigers Offline
Enthusiast

Having just upgraded to BIAB UltraPAk from 2008.5, this is my first exposure to RealBand. Part of my thought process for the upgrade was that in addition to the absolute value from getting all those RealTracks as opposed to buying them individually, I would also be getting RealBand.

With 2008.5 I used CubaseLE with my Lexicon Alpha to record over BIAB tracks. Your tutorial was the primer that I needed to get started with RealBand, effectively eliminating my need to use Cubase. I am sure that the veterans here could have easily got up to speed with RealBand, coming from any DAW, but your tutorial was like a quickstart for me.

I want to add also that RealBand could be promoted a little more prominently. PGMusic regulars are well aware of RealBand. A new user coming in though might not immediately realise what all RealBand has to offer.

Especially since BIAB now comes with RealBand. It would be nice to see a page attached to the BIAB page that provides an overview of all the DAW features of RealBand. At present, most of the links for RealBand take you to a page about BIAB. There is a one paragraph blurb about it on the PG front page. You can click to get more information on the new features. But that page just says "and many more at the bottom". It does not contain a feature list. And again, that page mentions that RealBand is included with BIAB--with a link to the BIAB page.

That link takes you to this page. http://www.pgmusic.com/bandbox.htm

Near the bottom of that one is the paragraph about RealBand. Then it says click for full feature list. Which takes you to---http://www.pgmusic.com/rlb_newfeatures.htm

New features. There is a video introduction to RealBand, but a detailed feature list would be nice.

Thanks again for your tutorials, they helped me get up to speed.

#73202 - 05/18/10 07:03 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: RayThigpen]
pghboemike Offline
Veteran

thanks for the tutorials

how's your health these days

#73203 - 11/07/12 12:40 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: RayThigpen]
toucher Offline
Expert

Loc: Arizona
Good to hear from you Ray...

Hopfully your being back on the forum is a sign that your health is improving. Your tutorials helped me a lot, I still have them on file somewhere.

Rob

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

#73204 - 11/07/12 01:07 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: toucher]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Forum members, if I'm not mistaken, Ray passed away October 2011. I recently surfaced some of Ray's recordings that are still on SoundClick and folks were asking about Ray's tutorials. I think that's why these recently surfaced.

#73205 - 11/07/12 06:50 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: rockstar_not]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
One of us should have grabbed that domain, or at least those files ... anybody download them?

#73206 - 11/07/12 07:14 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: rharv]
MountainSide Offline
Expert

Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
Using the internet archive "Wayback Machine", I was able to pull up this work link from February 25, 2009. Here's the working link: http://web.archive.org/web/20090225122315/http://rsthigpen.com/free/

Looks like only the PDF's have survived and not the videos.

Edited by MountainSide (11/07/12 07:16 PM)
Win10x64, Intel i7 7700k, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB 2018v516, RB 2018v5, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express XT, Yamaha DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive Touch, Kontakt 5.7 SampleTank 3.7

#73207 - 11/07/12 09:24 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: MountainSide]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
I've got the video tutorials on my hard drive. I'll upload them and post links (for a little while).

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#73208 - 11/07/12 09:52 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: jford]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Here are Ray's video tutorials. These are called "BIAB to PowerTracks (not RealBand), but the concepts are the same. They are a little dated, being from 2008, but hopefully they can help a few people out.

Below is the text from his website (from the Wayback Machine reference MountainSide posted:

Video Tutorials

Basic: From Band-in-a-Box to PowerTracks Pro

These Tutorials are in ZIP format and will unzip to an EXE file to run. In the zip file for Tutorial #1, I've included a necessary screen codec to properly display the tutorials in Windows Operating System. But it is no longer needed.

After unzipping, run each EXE file by double-clicking on the EXE filename.

There will be a vid-player at the top of your screen, which can be minimized during the running of the video tutorial. In addition, there are controls for pause, resume and stop.

Tutorial #1 - (13MB)
Preparing a BIAB file for PowerTracks Pro (midi)

Tutorial #2 - (26MB)
Mixing in PowerTracks Pro - Part 1

Tutorial #3 - (43MB)
Mixing in PowerTracks Pro - Part 2

Tutorial #4 - (49MB)
Mastering in PowerTracks Pro

Note: These tutorials were made with a software product Screen Recorder by ZDsoft.com

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#73209 - 11/08/12 06:41 AM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: jford]
MountainSide Offline
Expert

Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
Thanks John, appreciate you posting these.
Win10x64, Intel i7 7700k, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB 2018v516, RB 2018v5, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express XT, Yamaha DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive Touch, Kontakt 5.7 SampleTank 3.7

#73210 - 11/18/12 02:23 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: MountainSide]
Neatlick Offline

Loc: Sweden
Thanks for bring this file up, it's what I have looking for. Now I can have MOORE FUN!!

Regards

Neatlick

#73211 - 11/23/12 11:41 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: jford]
Curmudgeon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Henderson, NV
Thanks John,

I was trying to find these a while back.

Good stuff to review. I've got them saved now.

Don S.

#73212 - 12/06/12 10:29 AM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: Curmudgeon]
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

Loc: New Mexico
Also thank you John

I thought I had these squirreled away somewhere until I went to look for them - when reading this thread

Larry
Win7&10 Pro 64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBs HDD,RX480 8GB,FW-410,MIDIplus4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt 5,Amptube4,way too many other VSTi's - but I'm really a guitar player

#73213 - 12/15/12 01:05 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: Larry Kehl]
Rachael Offline
Expert

I didn't see this one posted. Click HERE

#73214 - 12/15/12 04:11 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: Rachael]
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Hi Rachael
The link doesn't come up.
(I'm on a Gig break and using an Android if that makes a difference.)
Ian

Edited by sixchannel (12/15/12 04:12 PM)

BB2018Plus,512,RB5,Cakewalk GTPro2(2003),Adobe Audition1.5(2003),WindowsXPPro and Win7

http://app.box.com/s/p7lirbbuvjae03dsd4v5

for tracks that use BIAB specifically-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#73215 - 12/15/12 05:53 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: sixchannel]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Works here
W7

#73216 - 12/15/12 10:13 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: rharv]
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

Loc: New Mexico
ditto (works here)
Win7&10 Pro 64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBs HDD,RX480 8GB,FW-410,MIDIplus4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt 5,Amptube4,way too many other VSTi's - but I'm really a guitar player

#73217 - 12/16/12 07:59 AM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: sixchannel]
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Quote:

Hi Rachael
The link doesn't come up.
(I'm on a Gig break and using an Android if that makes a difference.)
Ian

It must be an Android thing!! It just wouldnt have anything to do with the Nexus7.
Its come up fine on the PC.
Wonderful work.
God Bless, Ray and many thanks.
Ian

BB2018Plus,512,RB5,Cakewalk GTPro2(2003),Adobe Audition1.5(2003),WindowsXPPro and Win7

http://app.box.com/s/p7lirbbuvjae03dsd4v5

for tracks that use BIAB specifically-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#73218 - 03/18/13 12:42 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: sixchannel]
Sonny Ray Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks for posting this information. As a beginning user of BIAB and RB it's very helpful to see how pro-users approach using these programs.

Regards and best wishes,
SonnyRay

#73219 - 04/03/13 09:33 PM [RealBand] Re: RealBand TUTORIALS! [Re: Sonny Ray]
Sonny Ray Offline
Enthusiast

Ray, Thanks again for making these tutorials. Now if I could just find somewhere to download the classic-master-limiter. Is it still available?
SonnyRay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 is a HIT!

Since the release Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we've received some great feedback!

"The added Piano Roll Window is... WONDERFUL!"
"Adding the Piano Roll Window is a BIG DEAL - thanks PG Music!"
"This significantly changes how I will use Band-in-a-Box in the future."
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely must have!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid! "
"Such a comprehensive source for music making!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"Oh wow. This has got to be the coolest enhancement in Band-in-a-Box 2018. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"
"A brilliant piece of software!"
"What a release!!!"
"THEY DO NO PAY ME BUT if you don't own this you are crazy."
"Been using Band in a Box for years!! Great product for composing. I absolutely love the background vocals in Band-in-a-Box 2018."
"My compliments to the PG Music team who have once again have delivered an incredible collection of new styles and RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box this year!"
"There is still so much to explore and work with!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic... any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone... gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"I bought this Band-in-a-Box 2018 and I love it , it is amazing to work with!!!!!"
"...it's educational utility and the potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me chomping at the bit!"
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"This is amazing software!"
"Thank you for a wonderful tool for both musicians and singers - I can never say enough about this amazingly versatile product!"

Forum Stats
27613 Members
50 Forums
52207 Topics
432070 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dolph, annzpdas01, drummingsteve, MichLeon, dave1990

27613 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 190
Noel96 166