Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RealBand
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
I just spent three freakin weeks working all my songs over trying to convert them from VSC over to sampletank as the synth, song by song track be track carefully choosing patches, panning mixing and finally had the whole list done. I tried to enter them in to a jukebox list and the system forced all of the songs i chose back to VSC. I stopped the juke box and all my settings are gone. Is all my work gone for nothing? Is there a box to uncheck, or a setting to chose that will stop this from happening?

This is the second time i have gone thru something like this last time i did not know what set it off, but it lost all my patches and settings i started over now threy are gone again. If you have any ideas please toss them out. I am so frustrated i want to scream. Three freakin weeks of hard work gone in in one second. Why does the system not warn you that it will force a complete reroute of the synth if you use the juke box?

AAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Robh,
You need to back away for a moment. You're settings are not lost if you saved your songs after all the tweaks. Trust me. If this were BIAB different story. Now a question;
1. are you using Sampletank inserted in each track or is it being used as the default synth?
2. do you by chance have two copies of the songs,ie, before and after fixes and you're loading the wrong ones?
3. uninstall the VSC and go back to PREFS and reset the default synth to Sampletank and see what happens.

If you get this all back do what I do. Render each track to audio when you have it set and tweak the audio tracks. I have over 200 songs like this and they never miss a beat. All straight audio.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Another place to look is use 'File-Open backup".
See what the backed up version does as far as the synth

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
So far no joy i guess i will start over and re do them and forego the jukebox. I just hate having to pick the files from the folder each time.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
I think you just have the VSC selected in Prefs MIDI as the default synth.

Changing that to Sampletank would have -- or should have -- changed all the songs in one step...

--Mac

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Check the setting Mac mentioned, then double check, as it would explain the whole mess.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
Here is the problem. VSC is setup as the default, because Sampletank will not save it's settings if it is the default, i posted this problem last week. So you have to load it up every time if you leave it in the default position. I gues this is another feature/bug in RB. I have to place Sampletank in the synth 1 position, and leave VSC as the default, and then i can load up Sampletank and save that arrangement.

This problem is different, as i had all the songs arranged and saved, then when i entered them in the juke box it changed all the settings back to the default settings. I have fixed three already and will grind it out and fix the others, then not use jukebox I guess.

RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Why would the bug have to be on RB?

Sounds to me like if there's a bug here, it could, at this point, equally point the finger at Sampletank...

--Mac

RealBand
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
Mac I understand that, however as we know RB does not handle VSTi as well and most other host do. The fact that i can save any patch i want in MTS, cakewalk, and reaper, and even N-Tracks and it saves the settings without a hitch, again points back to RB. The fact that RB will not save patches if it is in the default position, and i never had a glitch in sampletank inside Rb and or PTPA until i tried to use the jukebox feature points to RB. For all i know you are right, it is a feature of Sampletank that conflicts with RB and Sampletank is causing the problem, however if RB had better VSTi implimentation I doubt this would happen, so again it points to RB.

This is not a RB bashing, i love RB, i love BiaB i use them every day. I will continue to use them everyday! The big issue here is to bring this out so everyone can be aware, and maybe in time some of these VSTi issues will get handled. I defend PG software all the time, but let's face it it is not as stable as some of the other titles. It is close, but let's also face the fact that it does somethings the others do not, the more features the more opportunity for issues. Some folks here have bemoaned the need of better VSTi handling, fix the timing issues, make it handle a larger variety of VSTi. Look some VSti's just are a pill, but sampletank!?!?!? It has always worked well for me, in almost any host 'cept RB

RealBand
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
Hi Rob,

Jukebox in RealBand seems to be working perfectly for me, using ST in some of the tracks. I don't use RealBand much because I was already hooked on another daw, but I loaded up a couple of songs to see if I could duplicate your problem, and so far I can't.

One difference tho, is I'm not using the VSC at all. Back when I was trying to use the VSC, I had a lot of random problems with both biab and realband. (I was using realband quite a bit then, trying to learn it.) I went to another player and most of my problems went away, so I never use the VSC anymore.

I'm not very good at explaining things so I'll just list what I did, and maybe you can spot some differences.

What I did was open some mgu files in RB. These files are a combination of real tracks and midi. I then save as RB file. (note: I don't have --reroute to vsti-- ticked so if I hit play at this point only the real tracks would sound).

Next, I right click in the left side of a midi track and select SampleTank for vsti, then go to the next midi track and do the same thing. When I get them all assigned I start RB playing and click on the dxi synth button up toward the top right of RB. The channels that are receiving midi data will be flashing, but nothing loaded. Let's say one of them is channel 3, I select it and load whatever sound I want, then on to the next channel that I'm using. When done I hit save and I'm done. I did two songs like that, loaded them in jukebox and started them. There's a little arrow that forwards to the next song, so I would listen to one a little, hit the arrow, listen, hit the arrow. In that way I cycled thru the two songs several times and there was no failures.

Another thing thats important to remember here is that you do not want a cc map file loaded in ST. The loading info gets stored in the RB (or any other host) file itself. This allows you to load any sound on any channel on a project by project basis. Also, you don't need to remove any program change message from any channel in your midi file, because without a cc map file, ST won't respond to program change messages anyway. (That's a strength of ST in this situation, and the reason it's designed like it is in the first place, as it wasn't designed to be a gm type player.) If you do have a sound change some where in any of your channels, copy that portion out to another track, change the channel number, and manually assign the sound in ST just like you did the others.

Hope this helps and have a great day.
Jim

I'd be completely happy if I had just one more guitar.
RealBand
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
Thanks Jim i appreciate the thoughs, i will try some of that. I do not want to sound like a whinner, for the most part i usually defend the host against VSTi issues as I appreciate that the host does not have the responsibility to make their program run ever different Plug in out there. It is the responsibility of the plug in makeer to make a plug that runs in most host. VSTi is a certain code project and everyone does it a bit different. The reason for my frustration is that ST has always at least worked in BiaB. RB and PTPa to some degree. For me it never worked perfectly, as it always had small issues, that i had to work around, but nothing major. One was that every time i switch from VSC to ST for a tracki have to adjust the volume in the track cause ST comes out of the gate full volume, adjusting the fader in the track allows RB to take control over the knob in ST.

I have VSC as thed efault because RB would not allow me to save the setup using ST as the default. I could open ST and insert the sampels and it played flawlessly until i saved and closed the song then reopened and ST would be empty. So i resetup VSC as the default and ST in the rack as synth 1, this allowed saving and everything was flowing opena dn reopen songs at my leisure and all was right, the sound was great and it was cool. Then the jukebox issue raised it's head. i entered about 7 songs in the juke box by hitting "ADD SONG" and a box popped up saying that i had no midi setup, and i click okay and it erased the st from all the songs in the jukebox as if they never had it inserted.

The problem here was that it acted out of character, in that it allowed me to insert ST in the no. 1 synth slot and open it, and it allowed me to choose the samples and it played them. But why did that cause the elimination of the synth? I would imagine because that pop up box had to do with something in my setup, that i am unaware of. If this was the only thing i ever had to deal with in VSTi use with RB i would just cry for 5 minutes and start over, but there have been other issues that i wish could be fixed. 1. jamstix does not work, we all know that and are waiting, 4front piano, bass, and electric piano does not allow you to control the volume at all. There have been issues with PS fretted , and even other ST issues.

These are all issue with the plugins in part, but the fact remains that everyone of these plugins works flawlessly with Cakewalk MC 3 and 5, Multitrackstudio, Reaper, and AcidPro for me on my system. No matter how much i love PG products, that tells me that there is still some issue with the VST technology inside their code. I remember when i was using Cakewalk MC 2003, it had to use a wrapper to use VST plugins, and some worked great and others were kinda rough at times. When MC 3 came out the wrapper was eliminated and VST became far more stable. I know that PG does not use a wrapper they have native VST implimentation, so the problem must be in the coding. At that same time i had PTPA 10, and it did not use VSTi it was DXi compliant, and that was a limiting factor for me. I used ST in it because it was both VSTi and DXi. I upgraded to version 11 for VSTi and it seems that the progress stopped there.

Anyway i got 5 or 6 of them fixed last night, and will have them all by this evening. No Jukebox for me until i figure out how without a blowout. I will most likely use small folders for short sets, numbered for order. a little more work, but no danger.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
If the VSC is truly the issue, then why not uninstall it, and instead install the Coyote WaveTable (WT) that came with a recent update to BIAB/RealBand (assuming you still need something different from ST to be the default)? That will get VSC out of the mix and you can see if things work then. You can always re-install VSC later if you want it back.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
RealBand
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
John that is a decent idea, i hope the WT has good enough sound to fill in the few tracks i still use VSC on. I am not sure though that VSC is the problem. What i think i will do is to make a copy of a few files and do some testing on them.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Robh,
You got me on ignore? I posted some thoughts and you never replied.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
how do i un-ignore you?

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Rob -

Quote:

John that is a decent idea, i hope the WT has good enough sound to fill in the few tracks i still use VSC on.

I was thinking more in the sense of troubleshooting. The Coyote WT sounds are the same you get from Windows, but packaged as a DXi synth. But if the problem goes away, that would lead you to more fully suspect the VSC is the problem. If not, well, you eliminated another possibility.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
RealBand
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
Good thinking, I will run with that.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Rob,
Don't get it.Sorry.
On second thought I do.

Last edited by silvertones; 06/07/10 12:54 PM.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
I am going to render to straight audio one song at a time now and follow the SilveJohntone's direction .

John i have about four songs i have purchased from one of the Karaoke sites and remixed these dogs load in two seconds.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Rob,
For me I find that once I get the parts I want I'll just highlight the midi track and use the "convert individual midi track to audio track". I save the midi track but muted until the song is 100% complete. I then delete all the MIDI tracks. Left with nothing but audio tracks. There are a lot more tools available for tweaking audio as well.
BTW you left off the r in Silvertones.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195