Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#758015 03/15/23 11:54 AM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Title: A World is Waiting for Me

Link: A World is Waiting for Me

After one depressing, two socially critical, one tribute song and one about madness, I thought it was time to write something uplifting.
Some people were already worried about how I'm doing, including my wife...

This is unpretentious, meaningless, banal rock. No deeper message!
Just 4 chords. The opposite of jazz.

As always, comments and feedback are very welcome and appreciated.

Some background information:
  • I had planned a video of me driving my car into the sunset (see lyrics below), but every time I had time to make it, it rained or snowed or both.
    Since I want to move on, there's just a simple lyrics video.
    I'm going to do this more often because the videos take up way too much time that I could spend writing music.
  • It's my second take on the Dublin sound I like so much. It will not be my last!
  • The very first version featured a male singer, but no matter what I tried, I liked my girls better.
  • Synthetic singers make beautiful synth pads.
  • My wife said that even in this song without a deeper message, there is a deeper message, about freedom, escape from old chains and whatnot.
    Of course she's wrong smile

Special thanks (again) to Marty for proofreading the lyrics and helping me choose a suitable title.

Some technical information:
Style: _ACUSHLA.STY

The band:
Drums: PraiseWorshipUptempo16 + SkaSlow70sWesPerc
Bass: 1268 PopUplift (re-amped)
Guitars: (some re-amped)
2x 3642
2x 3307
2x 4165
FX: BDT's V8 audio plugin down in the garage smile
Vocals: Natalie with BG vocals from Solaria and Cong.

You can find the lyrics in the next post.

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Title: A world is waiting for me

Verse 1:
I'm driving in my car and the radio plays
some good old songs, the windows are down.
With the air in my hair and a smile on my face
I drive away, far away, to a better place

Chorus 1:
I, I feel alive
I follow my dreams
straight into the setting sun
I feel alive
there's so much to see
in a world that is waiting for me
waiting for me

Verse 2:
No rush to be there I've got time to spare.
I sing along with every song I know.
Just me and my car, we drive into the night
and follow the road straight into the morning light

Chorus 2:
I, I feel alive
I follow my dreams
straight into the rising sun
I feel alive
there's so much to see
in a world that is waiting for me
waiting for me
waiting for me

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
3 points:

1. I disagree, I don't find this banal, but an uplifting song about a girl who wants to be free.

2. I like this a lot. To my ears it's the baby that U2 and ABBA would have smile

3. I agree with the simpler videos

Good job man!

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
User Showcase
H
Journeyman
Journeyman
H
Love it. So refreshing to hear something different. Just a nice groove. Reminds me of Europe in the 80's :-)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I was just thinking the other day that it's been a while since you posted a new song, and here it is!

You really nailed that U2 vibe again with this one, really well done!

Nothing banal about this whatsoever, just a fun, great sounding track.

And very different than what anyone else posts here.

Excellent, listened a few times.

Keep them coming, I'm a fan.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Pleasant and harmless pop song, definitely uplifting, although bit too short, I missed a driving guitar solo smile

I like those percussions and the bagpipe sound of the guitar laugh Natalie sings again like an angel and the backing vocals are working very well, good work!

I certainly would have liked to see a woman in a car in the video, hair flowing in the sunshine, but I don't complain if more nice pop songs are on the way, I'm sure a world is eagerly waiting for more of your songs smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Hey B.D.,

Sounds good to me. Cheerful engaging pop as always!!

smile

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
3 points:

1. I disagree, I don't find this banal, but an uplifting song about a girl who wants to be free.

2. I like this a lot. To my ears it's the baby that U2 and ABBA would have smile

3. I agree with the simpler videos

Good job man!

Thanks BT for listening and the positive feedback.
Your second point means a lot to me because both bands were a big influence for me, U2 because of their style and ABBA because of their beautiful vocal harmonies.
You made my day smile

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Henry Clarke
Love it. So refreshing to hear something different. Just a nice groove. Reminds me of Europe in the 80's :-)

Different is good. Thanks Henry!

(even though I'm from Europe, I'm not exactly a fan of the band with the same name. But as long as you don't mean "The final countdown", it's fine with me smile ).

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
BD.

you shouldnt underestimate this song imho.

its wonderfull...seriously. includeing the fx.

remember the old adage..sometimes KISS concept just works.

amazeing song...loved it. potential big hit imho.

happiness.

om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice one - the backing is tidy and that high line guitar works a treat.
There were a few instances where I'd have liked the voice to hold a note here & there but that's a creative choice you've made.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi,

Yes - I agree with Dave this is really different to the styles of music posted on this forum and I like it also.

I am simply amazed at how well the synthesized vocals fit this style of music - it even sounds how Annie Lennox would have sung this song.

I also agree with others - with some extra work on an intro, lead break, and variations this could easily be a hit record.

Keep up the good work.

Best Regards
Nigel

Nigel Spiers
Christchurch, New Zealand
info@nzacoustics.com
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice. Had a chance to listen first thing this mornings. What a breakfast treat, BD. You are so good with synth voices. Natalie's creator couldn't've imagined her to be THIS good. The video was perfect. The song has a good feel and moves along nicely like a pleasant drive.

You're too kind to even give me a nod on this gem, BD. TRUTH is, everyone, I was only able to find a spelling error when BD sent me this. He writes in English better than most people who admit it's their only language. Still, BD, what I enjoy most about "helping" you is that I get a preview of your songs. Makes me feel like a big shot with a backstage pass.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi B.D. Thomas,

Very nice composition with a well-made video that fits well with the very soft theme. I appreciated. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
The Dublin sound is a good one if this song is any indication! Great job

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Brian...I always enjoy your posts and this is no exception...you certainly have mastered the AI production of many genres of music...not sure how to comment except to say that I like it and it's very cool!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2023, Steinberg Cubase Pro 12, Wavelab 11.1, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice song!

I agree with Nigel - synthetic voices excel at this sort of song. And the female vocalists are all better than the males at this point. They're just more expressive. Even female vocals with the Gender switched to male sound better than the male version...

More "opposite of jazz", please! wink

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
B.D.T,
If I've heard it on a radio, I would never thought it was done by a single man with digital buddies (excluding human Marty non-performing help).
Amazing job putting this together. Perhaps not exactly music of my taste, but I can fully appreciate workmanship and effort. It was an interesting experience. Clear mix and listens very well. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I was just thinking the other day that it's been a while since you posted a new song, and here it is!

You really nailed that U2 vibe again with this one, really well done!

Nothing banal about this whatsoever, just a fun, great sounding track.

And very different than what anyone else posts here.

Excellent, listened a few times.

Keep them coming, I'm a fan.

Thank you a lot for your kind feedback, Dave. I'm honored that you think of me when I'm away for a while (vacationing with my family) smile

And I'm very glad that you and the other guys and gals like my "different" stuff. When I joined the forum, I wasn't sure I would fit in here because most of the songs I listened to here were country, blues and jazz or something in between, genres I don't feel at home in.
But it was also a good experience for me to listen to songs from those genres and comment on them. I learned a lot!

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Pleasant and harmless pop song, definitely uplifting, although bit too short, I missed a driving guitar solo smile

I like those percussions and the bagpipe sound of the guitar laugh Natalie sings again like an angel and the backing vocals are working very well, good work!

I certainly would have liked to see a woman in a car in the video, hair flowing in the sunshine, but I don't complain if more nice pop songs are on the way, I'm sure a world is eagerly waiting for more of your songs smile

Janne

Thank you Janne for listening to my song, I really appreciate it!
But, it is NOT a bagpipe sound! Bagpipes are a weapon, not a musical instrument! Really!

grin

Oh, and my plan was actually to have a beautiful woman in a car in the video, but there are only so many hours in the day to make that happen, and I have to prioritize.

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,351
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213