Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#81239 - 08/01/10 08:46 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: Shackman]
pghboemike Offline
Veteran

Quote:

For use with BIAB it has been a godsend to be able to manually turn off various MIDI channels at the keyboard, using the little rubber MIDI cannel buttons, in order to isolate particular instrumental channels and learn a part exactly. (I'm ashamed to say I still can't work out how to do that from within BIAB!)

right click each instrument name you want to silence and choose mute

#81240 - 08/03/10 08:22 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: pghboemike]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Does anyone know which models included at minimum a pitch bend wheel? For live performance, I find that is a must for me for synth leads.

I also like mod wheels but can do without if there's a way to switch leslie effects some other way. I'm so used to 'turning the leslie on and off' with a mod wheel that it's like riding a bike. But I think I could switch to a pedal-switched type thing or even a roland d-beam switch.

#81241 - 08/03/10 09:03 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: rockstar_not]
GDaddy Offline
Expert

Loc: Homosassa , Florida
My mouth is watering...if I was younger I'd add this new board to my collection of keyboards/samplers. Just one reason:
Integrated Sampling Sequencer
With the Integrated Sampling Sequencer, you can integrate audio (sampled) data and MIDI data seamlessly. WAV/AIFF loading is also supported. You can use the time slice feature to slice the sampled sounds that you load and control them in the same way that you would control MIDI data. For example, you can synchronize audio data to the same BPM as MIDI sequence data. Also, by presetting the tempo, time signature, necessary number of measures, and number of beats, you can smoothly perform trimming and easily create perfect audio loops. Also, you can use a variety of editing commands to modify your samples. The Motif XF supports features such as time stretching, in which the sample length is changed while the pitch remains the same; pitch shifting, in which the pitch is changed while the length of the sample remains the same; and loop remixing which instantly creates new musical variations of looped grooves. In addition, there is a resampling feature that you can use to record the performance of the Motif XF as a single audio sample.
I have had a Yamaho Motif 88 ES for many years, and it's one tough and heavy keyboard...
bought it as an investment in the future, added a few soundboards, and it's been great, and still used by many performing musicians.

Now we have this new Motif, and if I could, I'd recommend the new XF Motif...probably the "6" would be most useful for your activities...a whole new flash memory ...new sounds, etc., etc. Money well spent, to my mind~~

It will do everything you need, including great recording capabilities.

Check out the Yamaho site, and video....

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Cont...amp;CTID=206400

http://www.thegigbaby.com

#81242 - 08/03/10 09:26 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: GDaddy]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Quote:

Does anyone know which models included at minimum a pitch bend wheel? For live performance, I find that is a must for me for synth leads.

The WK-3500 and the WK-3700 have pitch bend wheels. The WK-3000 and another model I can't think of in the 3000-series only has a toggle switchI think the WK-3800 might also have it, but the MIDI interface on the 3800 is strictly USB (not 5-pin MIDI cables).

By the way, if you get a 3500 or a 3700, let me know as I have all the downloads for additional styles and stuff for both keyboards.

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#81243 - 08/03/10 10:10 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: jford]
Bill Lyons Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Denver
...Yep, you're right. The USB interface looks good on paper (use an old printer cable to hook up your keyboard to your computer in place of two MIDI cables). Unfortunately, Casio does not support all OS's. You're better off with a conventional MIDI port.

The 3800 is a USB only to replace the Midi. A friend of mine has one of those. My home machine, a WK-8000, also has that USB only design. The big problem with that design is that Casio developed drivers for the USB for Windows XP-32, Windows NT and 95. I'm not sure that Mac is even supported but I know that XP-64 and Vista-64 are not. I contacted Casio when I got the 8000 and asked for 64 bit drivers for that USB, and they said that there was no plan to develop them. I'm not sure about using the USB/Midi replacement on Windows 7, you'll have to dig around to find out. This is one of the reasons why I've remained on XP-32 for the time being. You might check again to see if Win 7 is supported for keyboards that have the USB replacement for MIDI like the 8000. Also, Casio has all of their manuals available online. It is possible to pull down all of the documentation to examine which keyboard had which features without buying one.

Bill

#81244 - 08/03/10 10:21 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: Bill Lyons]
Bill Lyons Offline
Enthusiast

PS - Just checked on Casio's website. It looks like there's still no plan to develop 64 bit drivers for any of the OS's. You can run Vista or Win 7 as long as it's 32 bit.

FYI:

http://support.casio.com/information.php?rgn=5&cid=008&pid=934

Bill

#81245 - 08/03/10 02:59 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: rockstar_not]
Bill Lyons Offline
Enthusiast

The WK-1630 does have both dedicated organ patches which switches the channel on/off buttons to drawbars. It also has a mod wheel. Here's a vide of one in action off of YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcr6TmQGLQU

#81246 - 08/04/10 02:30 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: Bill Lyons]
Shackman Offline
Apprentice

@pghboemike

Re: right click each instrument name you want to silence and choose mute

Sorry, doesn't work. When I attempt your method the "Combo" and "Melody" choices do mute the whole song without stopping song scroll thru, but I can't deselect individual instruments. The instrument title goes red rather than yellow, but no individual muting happens. I'm using BIAB 2007 on a PC with all the current updates. Ideas?

Cheers,

john

#81247 - 08/04/10 07:41 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: Shackman]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
A part that turns Red when RightClicked *should* be muted.

Try a Return to Factory Settings.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#81248 - 08/05/10 09:05 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: Mac]
Shackman Offline
Apprentice

Cheers, will give it a try.

And report back.

J.

#81249 - 08/05/10 09:17 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: Shackman]
Shackman Offline
Apprentice

No joy. Absoloutely no change, either with a return to Most or All factory settings. Right clicking Melody will go red and mute everything, while scroll thru continues, right clicking Combo will make all go red and do the same thing but there is no change to individual instruments playback when right clicked.

Delete and reinstall BIAB?

J.

#81250 - 08/05/10 09:29 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: Shackman]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Hey, Shackman -

Are you talking about trying to mute you keyboard's instruments from within BIAB? I'm not sure I'm understanding the issue here.

However, the keyboard's parts do not line up with BIAB's parts and if you bring in anything from the keyboard (or from any MIDI source, for that matter), it all gets loaded into the melody track. So unless you have a BIAB style enabled for the song, muting the melody track will mute everything that got sent by the keyboard.

Or is it a different problem?

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#81251 - 08/05/10 10:51 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: Shackman]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Quote:

...Right clicking Melody will go red and mute everything, ....

Hold on there.

Sounds like you are playing back a MIDI file and not a standard BiaB songfile, is that correct?

Since the MIDI SEQ places the entire MIDI file on the Melody track, muting the Melody track would mute everything you hear.

If that is the case, what you really want to do is hit the rond green "SEQ" toolbar button - where you should see the MIDI parts by the MIDi channel and can mute tracks from the imported MIDI sequence there.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#81252 - 08/05/10 06:19 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: Mac]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
To get back to Scott's original question I had a neighbor a few years ago who got the 3800 as a gift and could barely play it. I wound up playing it for about an hour and showing her how the functions worked. I remember thinking this thing was pretty good bang for the buck at $400 and I could gig with it no problem. As with all these consumer arrangers, the feel of the keys is pretty cheap compared to a Korg or Roland but can you still play it and get good sounds out of it? Absolutely, and I particularly paid attention to the organs since I do a lot of that and those patches sounded good. I only played it in her living room using the built in speakers, if I had hooked it up to my big stage rig I think it would have sounded comparable to my other pro keyboards.

Bob

#81253 - 08/06/10 09:21 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Casio WK-3000 or similar - volume mod [Re: jazzmammal]
Shackman Offline
Apprentice

Guys, I'm going to migrate my rude hijacking of this thread to a new thread before straining the friendships too much. Look for a BIAB orientated issue thread, but here in Off-Topic. See you there. J.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Tutorial Video

Our latest video includes a Quick Start tutorial on the installation, locations, and use of the Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAKs in Version 2018 for Windows. Video: Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Tutorial

We have put all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE! Until December 31st, purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

User Blog - How To Record a Cover Song Using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand

Joanne Cooper's final blog post for 2017, How to record a cover song using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand is a must-read!

Joanne summarizes the steps she took to produce her cover of "Old Lang Syne" - her final result was posted to the User Showcase Forum: Listen to Auld Lang Syne

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/how-to-record-a-cover-song-using-band-in-a-box-and-realband

Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

We are excited to announce the release of a new project: The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

Songwriter Floyd Jane shows the songwriting process from inspiration to performance and publication: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=IYMMZVvQdCw

The idea for this project came about when many members on this forum and elsewhere were asking questions about the song writing process. There are many aspects, and many parts of it necessary to create a song, get it arranged, performed, and then published on the internet. So we asked the great songwriter Floyd Jane, who is a regular member on this forum, if he could help. Floyd agreed and was even able to collaborate with other forum members, Janice and Bud. The result is this video we put together that you can see on YouTube or Facebook, called "The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)".

We hope this video helps other songwriters with their songwriting process, and also shows them tools that are available to them along the way. Also, we mention this User Showcase Forum, and hope to see many new aspiring or accomplished songwriters join this community :blush:

A big Thank You to Floyd for sharing your knowledge with the community and making this possible. And to Janice and Bud for your great collaboration!

Here is Floyd's original forum post for his song "A Little Bit Of Me": http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=433190

Check out Floyd / Janice & Bud’s music here:
http://floydjane.com/
https://www.janiceandbud.com/

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - 49 Requests Fulfilled!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows boasts more than 50 new features... and a lot of the new features fill the requests posted by program users!

Some of these include:

Q. I am learning guitar. The RealTracks are very helpful in that I can hear great guitar players, and most of the tracks have tab and notation as well. But there is much more to guitar, could you include some videos of some of the RealTracks Artists? Because I would learn much more from seeing a guitarist than just hearing them.

A. We have a major new feature called "Video RealTracks." These work and sound like RealTracks, but you get to see a video of the Guitarist (or whatever instrument) playing as well. The amazing thing is that this works with any chord progression you type in. So, if you want to learn to play like the great guitarist Brent Mason, for example, you can type in chords to any progression you are interested in, and then hear and see a video of Brent soloing over your progression. Now you can learn much quicker, as it helps to see how a musician is performing, as well as to hear.

Q. I love the Audio Chord Wizard, as it figures out chords from mp3 and other audio files. But it is a separate program from Band-in-a-Box, and I can’t go back and forth to change things easily.

A. We've solved that, as BiaB 2018 has integrated the Audio Chord Wizard directly into Band-in-a-Box. Now load an audio file into BiaB, open the Audio Edit Window – Audio Chord Wizard mode, and let it automatically figure out the bar lines and chords for the song.

Q. I like to save songs as MP3 files, and can't do this with BiaB, except a very low quality one, 64kbps.

A. We've improved this, by adding support for Windows Media Foundation. This allows you to save MP3 in your choice of resolutions, up to very high 320mpbs. Better still, it works on current versions of Windows (Windows 7,8,10) and also on older versions too (Vista, XP).

We've answered 49 questions - review all of these answers on our forum post "49 of your Problems solved? List of 49 Requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box 2018" here.

All of the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows can be reviewed at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 3 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can update their version with the latest patch, Build 3. Download this patch here

Summary of Changes since 2018 Build 3:

Added: Section Numbers supported. All section letter menus now include numbers 1 through 9 in addition to letters A through Z.
Fixed: Section letters in Notation Window were not being resized if the notation was zoomed in/out
Fixed: RealBand might freeze when generating audio harmonies
Fixed: Loading in a BB song (MGU/SGU) or generating realtracks could freeze up the program.
Fixed: Chords in Notation/LeadSheet on 1st beat of a bar were being drawn too close to bar lines.
Fixed: Support for XP and Vista.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_3

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Build 505 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can update their version with the latest patch - Build 505.

This patch can be downloaded here.

Summary of changes for Build 505:

Added: You can now put Section Numbers in your song. Previously you could only use letters A-Z, but now you can use 1-9 as well.
Added:You can now filter styles in the StylePicker for styles that contain Video RealTracks.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error "Procedure entry point MFTEnumEx could not be found in the Dynamic Link Library Mfplat.DLL" while starting up if using Windows Vista.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error message "dwmapi.dll cannot be found" while starting up if using Windows XP.
Fixed: The Transcribe feature in the Audio Edit window was not always working.
Fixed: The Windows Audio Devices dialog might show garbage text for names of devices if not running Band-in-a-Box in English.
Fixed: There was no Quality selector in the Render to Audio File dialog if rendering MP3 on Windows 7 or earlier.
Fixed: There were visual artifacts in the leadsheet & notation windows when moving the cursor.
Fixed: Using the Transpose or stretching features in the Audio Edit window might cause an access violation if the audio track is mono.
Improved: Band-in-a-Box will start up faster.
Improved: Importing ABC Notation files has been improved.
Updated: Help file and manuals.
Updated: RealTracks Artist bio's.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#505

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows... Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.
TIP: If you load one of the video RealTracks bands, you will have video RealTracks on 5 tracks, and you can make a video of 1-5 musicians!

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows packages during our December special.
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Holiday Special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: Video link - "Video RealTracks Sets 1-6 for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows"

Forum Stats
26712 Members
50 Forums
48871 Topics
399580 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
kaushalmalkan11, JonasJ, SuprNatral, Brince, Complefro

26711 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 398
VideoTrack 364