Print Thread
Go To
#83199 08/20/10 01:40 PM
User Showcase
retake Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Here is a new song - For Who You Are. Any comments are appreciated. I hope y'all enjoy it.
http://www.box.net/shared/4tdlfcn0im

Thanks,
Steve

Steve
User Showcase
retake Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I forgot to tell you that the female vocals are done by my daughter Lauren.

Steve

Last edited by retake; 08/20/10 01:45 PM.

Steve
User Showcase
occ Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hey Steve!! This song is great. I like the melody and the lyrics. I don't hear many songs this good. Your daughter is is absolutely great. You really have a nice harmony. My daughter and I also sing together. We're not that far apart. I live near Shreveport,La. occ

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve and Lauren..
Very nice song! Great harmony, and I especially like the message of faith the song embodies.

I see the User Showcase as a way for people to get ideas about how to use this software. Your songs (as well as many others here on the forum) really provide good examples of how it can be used to create praise and worship music! Good job!

I expect this particular use of BIAB/RB to grow dramatically, since there are many churches in every town and they all have a need for music during the service. Thanks for letting your music serve as a testimony and a "joyful noise unto the Lord"

Last edited by Pat Marr; 08/21/10 10:29 AM.
User Showcase
B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
Hi Steve & Lauren
I too enjoyed your song and message, your harmonys are awsome. I also live in your neck of the woods (Jonesboro).
Thanks for sharing and GOD bless
Brian

BIAB 2024 Ultrapack- Studio One Pro 6.5 Windows 10

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Steve and Lauren,

You've got my standing ovation. Your song is outstanding in every way. I can only repeat what others have said. Excellent song, excellent message and beautiful music. Your chorus reminded me of the song Fame in some ways. I think it was probably more the harmony that jogged my memory in this direction.

There's no doubt about it, you are both very talented musicians.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
P
Apprentice
Apprentice
P
Hi Steve and Lauren,

That is certainly one to be proud of. Beautiful song in every way.

Thanks for sharing

The Powderman
Learning something new everyday
User Showcase
retake Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thank you guys for listening and for such great comments. I will pass them along to Lauren. It is amazing how you will see or hear something and God will inspire you to write a song about it. I love the flexibility that PG Music has given us to be able to create a full band to back us up. This song was first created in BIAB and sent to the instrumentalist to learn and then we did it live. However, I have done other songs with no backup other than BIAB instruments. When we sang this song at our church we put the words on the screen to allow the congregation to sing with us. Thanks again for your great comments.

Steve

Steve
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
It has all been said so I'll just add my congrats on a wonderful song with a wonderful message, and what a sweet voice Lauren has. I too enjoyed this very much.

Later,

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

When we sang this song at our church we put the words on the screen to allow the congregation to sing with us.
Steve

another thing you might consider is making backing tracks of your songs freely available wherever you archive your songs. Many churches rely heavily on using such tracks for their special music presentations, and by making them downloadable it would open doors for your music that would not otherwise be available. Consider posting the sheet music too. It will help the music director get copies ready for all the musicians who will be performing your songs during the service.

(Seems to work pretty well for Paul Baloche... check out how he makes resources available to churches who use his songs: http://www.baloche.com/resources/songbook.html )

Last edited by Pat Marr; 08/21/10 10:36 AM.
User Showcase
retake Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thank you. I did not think about making the tracks available. That will be something that I will definatly consider.

Steve

Steve
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
speaking of which... PGMusic, if you aren't already making a specific effort to contact churches with announcements about your products, you should definitely be doing so.

1) Music has always been a big part of worship in most churches

2) every pastor knows which of his members are gifted musically, and they often try to cultivate musical participation among the congregation

3) just as many who don't necessarily want to go on mission trips will give so others can go, there are those in every congregation who would contribute toward instruments and software so that others can exercise their musical gifts

4) open any phone book to the yellow pages where churches are listed. Count the number of churches. Not only could ALL of them use your products, there are probably MANY people from each church who would be potential customers. And if even ONE of them starts developing songs in BIAB/RB, they'll eventually want to collaborate, so they'll all need the same software

5) this is a demographic that tends to evangelize what they love, if you catch my drift

6) it's also a demographic that would be biased toward actually paying for the software rather than trying to pirate it.

7) in the previous post, go to the Paul Baloche site and watch some of the videos. Church music ain't what it used to be. The advent of multi-media projectors and congregation involvement has dramatically changed the way music is integrated into many services. IMHO, the music that many churches are now playing is a perfect fit for BIAB/RB. In fact if you look at the lead sheets for his songs, it looks like he could have made them with BIAB

User Showcase
E
Apprentice
Apprentice
E
Hi Steve and Lauren,
A very nice song - well performed with good harmonies. Well done.

Jim

User Showcase
retake Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Pat, you are so right. I have thought about in the past doing a complete set of hymns and praise songs that flow together one after the other on background tracks and lead the congregation in them. But I have not done that yet. BIAB/RT would fit most any song done in the churches today.

Jim, thanks for listening and for your comments.

Steve

Steve
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You both are very talented. Great song, great lyric & message. Sounded great here !! Way to go.

Trax

User Showcase
retake Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thank you Trax.

I read some the post to my daughter and I think she turned a little red. She really appreciates everyones comments as well as I.

Steve

Steve
User Showcase
T
Journeyman
Journeyman
T
Hi Steve,Nice song.I would have liked the piano playing solo until the hook because for me anyway it would have given much more meaning to the lyric before everything was lifted up with you and your daughter singing harmony (she has a very nice voice by the way) Hope you dont mind my constructive input on this Cheers Frankie

AMD Athlon 7550 dual core
processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Samson Resolv NF monitors
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Fender semi accoustic guitar
User Showcase
retake Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Tributeman,

I agree. I would have liked it as well. However the piano parts seemed to become a little muddy is some areas. Even after adjusting the midi roll. That was one of the reasons that I faded the pianos down like I did after the other instruments started. Thanks for the comment. I have been listening to some of the real piano demos which I like a lot. I am hoping to write something with that someday.

Steve

Steve
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195