Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#90351 - 12/02/10 08:32 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge [Re: bobcflatpicker]
tributeman Offline
Journeyman

Loc: uk
you give up.. your kidding arent you Bob.Frankie
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Samson Resolv NF monitors
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Fender semi accoustic guitar

#90352 - 12/02/10 08:57 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge *DELETED* [Re: tributeman]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA

#90353 - 12/02/10 11:59 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge [Re: bobcflatpicker]
tributeman Offline
Journeyman

Im sure everyone hear would like to hear it Bob even if it means getting out the tissues.Frankie
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard

#90354 - 12/02/10 01:50 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge [Re: Matt Finley]
toucher Offline
Expert

Loc: Arizona
Matt

I love the jazz version........very cool...

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

#90355 - 12/02/10 02:22 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge [Re: toucher]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Thanks, Toucher. It was easy, quick and fun.

I'm performing it on flute this Saturday at the annual church concert, using the BIAB backing track.
BIAB 2018 PC Audiophile; [& 2017 Mac]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

#90356 - 12/02/10 11:36 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge [Re: bobcflatpicker]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

Wow! I'd written my song for the "Christmas Song Challenge" about a week or two after Pat posted it, but I haven't recorded it yet.

I planned on playing all instruments except bass and drums for the recording.

But with the the quality of your song and playing, I don't know if I'll bother.

Great job Rob!

while it seems to be agreed that there are some very nice Christmas songs posted here, I'd hate for you or anyone else to refrain from posting for comparative reasons. You really can't compare two different works of creativity.

It is well known that for many people Christmas is a time of depression, so a sad Christmas song is really not such an odd concept. In fact, I'm surprised there aren't more of them.

This forum has sort of turned into a place where birds of a feather gather to cut up, share stories, philosophy, encouragement and music... much like family. As such, your song has value above its musical value. We want to hear it because you are our friend, and your enjoyment of music is important to this group.

Reading back over what I just wrote, it sounds a bit trite; Yet, I think the words are true, regardless of how clumsily they may have been written.

I hope you decide to post your song, Bob.

#90357 - 12/03/10 03:25 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge [Re: Pat Marr]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Pat,

I was joking about not posting my song because of how good the other one was. I know it isn't a competition.

If I don't post it, it will be because I don't get it recorded. Since it's been so long since I've recorded anything, everything is packed away in storage and it would require me to drive 30 miles, dig through unlabeled boxes in hopes of finding what I need, and then getting it set up. Either that or use my son's cheap desktop mic and have crappy sound, and I hate to fool with it if I know in advance the sound quality will be poor.

I wasn't joking about how sad the song is. LOL. I would like to get it recorded though because I actually do like the song. And I don't like every song I write. That begs the question, "why write a song you don't like?" Simple. I almost always write songs from start to finish in one sitting and go with whatever comes out, and I rarely change them. Consequently, some of them suck.

What's weird is some of the ones I've written that I don't like are occassionally ones that other folks do.

I may surprise you and get it done, and maybe not.

#90358 - 12/03/10 04:08 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge [Re: bobcflatpicker]
tributeman Offline
Journeyman

bob what is your set up.Is it just the computer and your guitar?Frankie
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard

#90359 - 12/03/10 05:27 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge [Re: tributeman]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Frankie,

My setup for recording is a Roland SI-24 24 channel mixer with an RPC-1 PCI card, and Cakewalk Sonar 4 PE. None of these will work on Win 7 64, so I have to boot into XP 32, which isn't a problem since I have a dual boot system.

But since I don't have all my equipment here, my only other option would be my sons Blue Snowball USB desktop mic and using Win 7 and RB, which I've never used before. Since I was planning on playing acoustic guitar, electric guitar, mandolin and vocals, the electric guitar especially poses a problem without the use of my mixer. Add in a DAW I've never used, (RB), and it gets a little complicated.

Even tho the Blue Snowball is a good "cheap" mic, I'm not sure I'd want to put the effort into a recording with it.

It's not insurmountable, just more difficult than picking up my guitar and clicking the "red" record button and laying down the tracks.

#90360 - 12/04/10 08:30 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge [Re: bobcflatpicker]
tributeman Offline
Journeyman

gotcha.Maybe a good mic for Christmas then Bob.Cheers Frankie
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard

#90361 - 12/04/10 04:53 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge [Re: Pat Marr]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#90362 - 12/05/10 07:24 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge [Re: Mac]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

that was cool! No other song gives me goose bumps like the Halleluiah Chorus!

I wonder how many of those singers were part of the original plan, and how many got caught up in the moment? Thanks for posting, Mac!

#90363 - 12/11/10 11:29 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge [Re: Pat Marr]
retake Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Pine Bluff, Arkansas
If it is not too late I would like to add my Christmas song. I wrote this song using Luke chapter 2:8-16 as the text. I will be singing this song at my church Sunday morning (12-12-2010) dressed up as a shepherd. The song is called Shepherd's Ballad - - - -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e9me0jY-aI

I used the RealTracks
1007 Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment, PopFlowing Ev 120
684 Base, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 120
& RealDrums RockHardEven8 HiHat, Ride

Thank you,
Steve

#90364 - 12/12/10 10:50 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge [Re: retake]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Good job, Steve!

"In the City of David,
a baby child is born," -- would better fit the music IMO, use of the double-noun, invoke the artistic license there as regards the redundancy.

Repeat the last three lines one mo' time in performance to put the musical declarative on it. Last time thru that last line, apply a slight Ritard and hit 'em hard.

I like this song, you are squarely in Rich Mullins territory here, not a bad place to be at all, man.

Merry Christmas!

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#90365 - 12/12/10 10:59 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Christmas song challenge [Re: Mac]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

It's not too late at all, Steve! I hope we get a few more!
Really enjoyed your song... I really like the use of video to present the lyrics in time with the music. let us know how it is received at the service today

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

PG Music News
RealBand 2018 Build 5 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 customers can download the latest free patch update here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_5

Summary of Changes for Build 5
Added: When generating the input file for saving as an MGU/SGU SongMode128= is saved to the input file.
Added: Localization support for 2018.
Added: flyby hints to new dialogs.
Fixed: Save As with a filename greater than 128 chars could cause an error 123 plus access violation.
Fixed: Rebooting RealBand after a filename with 128 chars was saved could cause an access violation.
Fixed: Pressing the Change button in the Event List Window could result in an access violation if an event was not a Note event.
Fixed: When running in Win 10, and using BBW or PT to generate audio harmonies, an error would occur saying that you need BB 2011 or PT 12 to generate audio harmonies.
Fixed: Midi Thru Method was not being saved to the .INI file. It always reverting to Track-Specific when booting up RealBand, even if the user manually changed the setting to Global in the Midi Thru Settings dialog.
Fixed: Delete All Notes on This Peg menu item in notation window right-click menu was missing.
Fixed: Potential crash on exit (having to do with the DLL attempting to free up a dynamic array that was passed to it).

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Build 512 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download the latest free patch update here: www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#512

Summary of changes for Build 512 since 510 (Feb 15 2018):
Fixed: "Load SoundTrack Song" and "Load song with RealDrums Audio" buttons in the Sound Track dialog were not working.
Fixed: After returning Band-in-a-Box to factory settings the File Open dialog would default to the bb\Data\Lib directory.
Fixed: Choosing a custom chord sheet font would ignore any color choice made in the font selection dialog.
Fixed: Drum names were sometimes truncated in the RealDrums MultiDrums and Quicklist dialogs.
Fixed: Exporting a MIDI file might cause the error, "MIDIConv.exe no found".
Fixed: Mixer changes were not undoable, and would not cause user to be prompted to save their song when exiting.
Fixed: Static in RT2438 and other various RealTracks fixes.
Fixed: StylePicker database various updates. Some styles were displaying the wrong feel (swing/even) in notation. A few styles incorrectly showed missing Drums.
Fixed: The audio latency setting would increase every time leaving the Windows Audio Devices dialog.
Fixed: The Download Manager folder name defaulted to 2016 instead of 2018.
Updated: Help file.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is Here!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is here! PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 includes many new features and enhancements:

Windows Audio (WASAPI) driver support. This allows for low latency audio recording/playback without requiring ASIO. Note that this supports 1 stereo input plus 1 stereo output at a time. For multiple inputs/outputs, you should continue to use either MME or ASIO.

ABC Notation format support. You can save a track of notation in a popular ASCII text format to import into other programs, or you can paste this format into a user forum as a way of sending the track (usually the melody and chord symbols) to other users without having to attach a file.

The built-in Audio Chord Wizard detection in the Chords window automatically detects the chords of the song, based on the audio data from all non-muted audio tracks. This works similar to the standalone Audio Chord Wizard, except that it uses the current bar lines of the existing song.

Notation Enhancements:
-X/8 time signature support. This is a special method of displaying 6/8, 9/8, or 12/8 time signatures in the Notation window.
-The Duplicate previous chord in notation right-click menu lets you quickly duplicate the previous chord (group of notes on same peg) without having to reenter it.
-Delete highlighted notes in notation right-click menu lets you delete all highlighted notes.
-Delete all notes on this peg in notation right-click menu lets you delete all notes on the nearest peg that was clicked on.
-You can now enter Section Numbers. Previously, you could enter letters (A-Z) only, but now you can also enter numbers (1-9).

...a full list of the new features in PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is available at http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.features.htm

http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.htm

#TBT - The Beginning of Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box®

We released the much-loved Xtra Styles PAKs in August 2016! This release included 164 RealStyles for Jazz, Country, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter and worked with any Band-in-a-Box® 2016 or higher UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

Xtra Styles PAKs were such a hit... we couldn't stop making them! Since their introduction, we've released 3 more PAKs with a total of over 600 Xtra Styles in all!

Want to hear what other program users are doing with their Xtra Styles? Visit our Xtra STyles Contests forum to hear all the songs submitted during previous song contest we've had: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=102&page=1

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and listen to their demos at http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win.

Band-in-a-Box® Customer Feedback - Feel The Love!

Check out some great feedback we've received on our Facebook account from program users:

"I have been using Band-in-a-Box for years. It is the anchor of my music gigs as well as my fun in my studio. I have used other software but Band-in-a-Box is my main go to."
-Jack T.

"Love Band-in-a-Box. As someone who played professionally for 20 years and retired from live performing years ago, I still love music. Band-in-a-Box allows me to create fun arrangements which I can sing over or play over. There are THOUSANDS of different variations plus you can enter any chords you like and create any chart. It's also great for creating background tracks for videos and audio content for websites, training etc. And like everything else in the world . . . it may not be right for everyone. For those who love music and don't have the time to shed five or six instruments it's way cool."
-Vinnie R.

"This program has completely changed my playing for the good. I can experiment with playing chords and leads over various scenarios that I can quickly create and change. Love this program. I use it nearly every day."
-Dave R.

"I bought my first version in 1994 and have progressed to 2018 version. I use it to create backing tracks for live music performance. I currently have over 2,000 songs performance ready. If you can and type, and use mouse it will work for you."
-Roger M.

"The premiere reason for me for buying this program; it has given me the freedom to fully complete the foundation for my songs without the confinement of limited minded musicians. After the song concept is complete, it can then be presented those musicians to play as a cover song. Also writing a song with a band gives them partial ownership of your idea... not cool... especially since they may have fought your idea every step of the way.. Every member of an organized band should own a copy of this program to compose or to even give legitimate composition alternatives to the original songwriter."
-Paul V.

Thanks everyone!

Support for ABC Notation Format in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

ABC notation is the simple text-based notation system used by musicians worldwide to store chords, melody, and lyrics of songs. Now with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows you can open and save songs in ABC notation format!

To save the song in ABC notation format, press the [Save As] toolbar button and choose Save as ABC notation file from the menu. Once opened, select a track that you want to save and choose your other criteria - The [Copy to clipboard] button will copy the file to the clipboard (that you can then paste it into other programs). The [Save as File] button will let you type a name and select the destination in your hard drive.

Band-in-a-Box® Song Title Browser Requests Forum

Have you stumped the Song Title Browser feature in the Band-in-a-Box® StylePicker?

If you tried to search for a popular song and this feature didn't offer you any listings, we'd love it if you'd let us know in our Wishlist forum here.

Posting your requests to this forum really does work - we used it to increase the database with the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 release!

Forum Stats
27108 Members
49 Forums
50254 Topics
412381 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Alex Westner, eschnack, krecords, Tuneslayer, donalcert

27108 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 296
Matt Finley 277