Now that I am starting to use BIAB regularly now, the StylePicker Window has become a first stop for most of my songs. It really is at the heart of BIAB.

I have several suggestions to make, to improve the SP Window and hope others will add to or comment on this list.

I'll start my list with my suggestion from another BIAB thread.

1. 'Show all' button does not stand out and is easily overlooked. To counter this it would be nice to have a toggled 'Show all' button that, when depressed (pushed down) turns green (ON).
When a filter is subsequently set up, it releases (pops up) and turns to another color that can easily be spotted. Or some other mechanism that essentially has the same visual effect.

2. All Style subheadings on the right side of the screen should be sortable. boydbob recently made a similar suggestion.
Have subheadings at the top of each column and when you click on them they sort by that subheading. Ex. EV, then SW. Click on 8/16 and you get styles sorted by 8ths and then 16ths.
Click on tempo and you get 50, 55, 60...215 etc.

The sorts would be progressive. That is, with first sort by EV/SW, second sort by 8/16 and third sort by tempo, you would end up with something like:

AAA EV 8 50
BBB EV 8 55
CCC EV 8 100
AAB SW 8 50
BBG SW 8 60
etc.

A sort by EV/SW, a second sort by tempo, and a third sort by 8/16 you would end up with something like:
AAA EV 8 50
BBB EV 16 55
CCC EV 8 60
AAB SW 16 50
BBD SW 8 60
CCH SW 16 65
etc.

3. Collapsible Category List, just like you have collapsible folders in Windows Explorer.
A + or - sign to the left of each Main Category. The StylePicker Window is far too busy and this would be a good start at simplifying things. If someone uses Jazz 95% of the time, then Rock, Country and other style subcategories do not need to be displayed on the left side of the screen.
Styles #69, #70, #71, #72 etc. could be grouped together under Styles # and then collapsed to a +.

4. 'Real Drums for this style' box is not showing Real Drums for all styles that have Real Drums.

5. The Show Styles by 'Feel' and 'Tempo' filter might be re-named to Show Styles by 'EV/sw' and 'Tempo', since there is no heading at the top of the EV/sw column that says 'Feel' and people might not immediately think of EV/sw as 'feel'.

BIABguy