Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Remember, this is a true story that just happened to me tonight !!!!!!!!!!

I ran out of beer, and then I remembered that I liked to play pool at the same time! It just so happens that Jo-Jo’s Bar and Grill is only about a mile and a half down the road! I decide to “hoof” it down to Jo-Jo’s.

Since the hour is late, there’s nobody left but two biker’s and a couple of girls. So I walk up to the first biker and ask him if he would like to play some pool. He’s too drunk to communicate. So I ask the second biker to play, and before he can respond the girl sitting next to him asks me if I’m ready to get my ass kicked! Since she has a pool stick in her hand, I’m willing to take a 50/50 chance that she means playin' pool. LOL.

She wins the first game. I win the second and third. She is winning the fourth, but it isn’t finished, but she asks me if I’ve ever played “tournaments”. I told her the only “tournament” I’d ever played in was ping pong, and that some “Asian” guy had kicked my ass.

She looks me square in the eye. There’s “Dim Lights, Thick Smoke, and Loud Loud Music”! ................ She ask’s me, “Where do you think I’m from”?, ......... in a not too friendly tone. For the first time, …………… I notice she’s Asian. I respond, “Did you catch the part about the Asian guy kickin’ my ass”?

She wins the fourth and fifth game.

The biker that I assumed was her boyfriend, (and the guy I’d been talkin’ to during the games), was just some guy tryin’ to pick her up. Fortunately for me, he was still tryin’ as I made a “graceful” exit at last call.

Now I remember why I stopped going to “Honky Tonks”. LOL.

The one and a half mile walk home was a quick one. I was rooting for the redneck biker to “score”. HEHE.

Just another Wed. night in WV. LOL.

Off-Topic
T
Journeyman
Journeyman
T
Bob Im assuming your a pensioner or at least getting there so cmon man stick to the pipe and slippers you dont need to get "your" ass kicked not by some biker or even by an Asian chick Frankie

AMD Athlon 7550 dual core
processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Samson Resolv NF monitors
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Fender semi accoustic guitar
Off-Topic
T
Journeyman
Journeyman
T
clicked on to the soundcloud site and listened again to the mastered song Sweet Personality I LOVE IT.Not only is the song good you have a cool voice Bob which is distinctly American not like the American drawl us Brits tend to put out on when we sing.Frankie

Last edited by tributeman; 12/09/10 05:00 AM.

processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Off-Topic
B
B
Bob:

If that's the Jo Jo's in Huntington, on Spring Valley, I wouldn't go back there, especially on Wednesday nights.

Beer just isn't worth the risk..
Ben

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Oh God!!! You had to bring this up.
Tomorrow night I play at "Freddy's Bar & Grill" hear in East Tennessee. Same place.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
What a story! What a potential song, Bob.! And you were on foot?

First line: Behind the 8 ball in West Virginia . . .

John? Trim the smart talk and just keep SINGING! LOL

In a small town Ontario on the shores of Lake Ontario along 401, I once had a guy dance on stage in front of my vocal mic in the middle of a five-minute song - long brown shoulder-length hair, missing teeth, jeans and a torn t-shirt, waving his arms out to the sides with an open switchblade at the end of one. For once I said nothing, no facial expressions - nothing - just kept singing - at the end of the song I took a break and got off the stage leaving him dancing there with his buddies hooting.

Went back for the next set (didn't want to) and he watched me the rest of the night, occasionally flashing a toothless grin and waving the knife. It was in a hotel bar called the Green Door and a Saturday night. End of the night I got the hell out of town - threw the equipment in my Toyota and drove the two and half hours back to Ottawa.
Never went back - in fact I got married shortly thereafter - lot to be said for the home-life. LOL

Write the song Bob "Honky Tonk's Pool Hell and Bar". Ha

Cheers - Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
My gene pool needs more chlorine.
Off-Topic
T
Journeyman
Journeyman
T
now this would be a another topic to put up.eg:The most crazy place youve ever sung or played at.Here in Wales in the UK there are some wild places but not quite the gun toting venues as in some parts of the United States.I didnt play at this pub but a good friend of mine did who was never bothered about the look or reputation of a place he just loved to sing and play but even this caused him to rethink ever going back there.It was a pub in the Rhondda in Wales (I think it was called the Black Horse).He noticed that it was lacking female customers just men and all looking mean and with muscles like Arnold Schwarzenegger(yeah I googled his surname).After about a couple of songs they all started to strip off and within a few minutes 20 of them were up on the tables dancing about stark naked.After the night was over he talked to the bar owner and said what a wild night he was then informed that this particular pub was the haunt of all the bouncers (pub doormen)in the area and that Monday night was when they could let their hair down as they all worked on the weekends.I dont think he even went back for a second time.Frankie

processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
I'd rather get shot.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Frankie,

Quote:

clicked on to the soundcloud site and listened again to the mastered song Sweet Personality I LOVE IT.Not only is the song good you have a cool voice Bob which is distinctly American not like the American drawl us Brits tend to put out on when we sing.Frankie

Thanks Frankie. I appreciate the compliment and I'm glad you like it. Mac re-mastered it for me. That's one of my songs I've written that always seems to get a good reception. No "tears in your beer" or broken hearts, just happy and bouncy.

It was recorded on an old Tascam 4 track cassette. I've always wanted to re-record it, but I've never gotten around to it. I played my Martin, Fender Stratocaster and Precision bass, sang lead and backup vocals. It would've been nice to have some drums, but I didn't have a means of doing it.

I no longer have a Strat or bass, so doing a new recording is gonna be out of the question for awhile.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Ian,

Quote:

What a story! What a potential song, Bob.! And you were on foot?

Yea, I was "hoofin" it. I'd already had a few beers and decided to do the responsible thing and walk, although it would have been nice to have had a quicker "getaway" in case the girl was still pissed. LOL.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
BOB, you should write a country comedy song about that tale, it'd be a cracker.
You come up with the lyrics I'll get the tune

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Ben,

Quote:

If that's the Jo Jo's in Huntington, on Spring Valley, I wouldn't go back there, especially on Wednesday nights.

Beer just isn't worth the risk..
Ben

LOL. Obviously you're familiar with the area and the "establishment". It was the pool tables that lured me there, not the beer. It was 26deg F and too long of a walk for beer. Last night was my third visit.

My first visit also took a bad turn from the start. Surprise, surprise!

My girlfriend and I walked in and spotted a pool table that was "free", or open. There were two nice "sticks" leaning against the wall. I asked one of the guys at the adjacent table if they were house sticks. He said yes. We started playing.

About halfway through the first game, this really big red headed tatooed redneck comes up to me and asks why we're using his sticks. I told him I thought they were "house" sticks because another patron had said so. He asked me to identify the patron, and I refused.

He then goes over and picks up two hardshell cases for the sticks and brings them back and starts "explaining" to me that only an idiot would think these were "house" sticks since one was worth about $1500 and the other was worth $2000. Upon closer inspection, I realize that what he's saying is probably true. He then asked if I had used them to "break" with. I truthfully told him no, since I always pick just a decent straight stick that I can knock the crap out of for breaking. He forgave my indescretion.

We ended up buying drinks for each other and playing pool together all night. Another potential bar fight averted.

Jo Jo's is a rough place. Fortunately my second trip there was uneventful. And you've already read about the third.

But what is special about Wed. night?

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Citaat:

But what is special about Wed. night?

Didn't you know? That's the night when all the Asian chicks go out to kick @$$

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Mike,

I didn't know that, but I just finished a rough draft of the lyrics for a song about what happened!

HEHE. Maybe I'll post them !?!?

Off-Topic
B
B
Bob:

"But what is special about Wed. night?"

You must be new to the area. Here is a clip from Jo Jo's website. You walked in on pool tournament night. And I bet you never paid your 5 bucks.

// THURSDAY: Karaoke Contest. FRIDAY: Ladies Night, no cover. SATURDAY: Open Mic Jam Night, no cover. SUNDAY: NASCAR on the Big Screen. WEDNESDAY: Pool Tournament, 7 p.m., $5 entry fee. //

Ben

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I no longer have a Strat or bass, so doing a new recording is gonna be out of the question for awhile.

Have you heard about this thing called Band in a Box?

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Richard,

I don't know if you listened to the song or not, but this song isn't suitable for BIAB. Each instrument has a specific part of the "hook". Even the bass line needs to be played exactly as "written" since it's also part of the hook.

The only thing BIAB could contribute to it to my satisfaction would be drums.

A lot of the songs I've written work out well in BIAB. This ain't one of them.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Citaat:

I don't know if you listened to the song or not, but this song isn't suitable for BIAB. Each instrument has a specific part of the "hook". Even the bass line needs to be played exactly as "written" since it's also part of the hook.

The only thing BIAB could contribute to it to my satisfaction would be drums.

A lot of the songs I've written work out well in BIAB. This ain't one of them.

Have you considered asking some of the forum members? I know for a fact that we've got bass=players and guitar players. Some of them with brilliant Fender tone!

Ask and you will....

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well I made it back without incident.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,487
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195