Page 1 of 2 1 2
#96446 12/10/10 04:29 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
S
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
S
Mine is 83 GB. Is that what everyone else has? (I have not erased +- files).

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

20.8 GB, 15,505 files 510 folders (I have erased +- files) - Does that sound right?? I hould have everything. - but the 15K number of files does seem hugh.

DrDan #96448 12/10/10 04:49 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Sam
It depends on how many realtracks you have. The more realtracks, the larger the folder.

That does sound close for avg size.
I had over 100 gig, but I *think* I had all of them.

Now it's like 30 gig or so..

Last edited by rharv; 12/10/10 04:50 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
rharv #96449 12/10/10 05:31 PM
H
Apprentice
Apprentice
H
I just rcvd the 2011 EverythingPAK on HD. It allegedly has all the Real Tracks. The G:\bb\RealTracks folder has:
30.2 GB
23,748 files
824 folders

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I just rcvd the 2011 EverythingPAK on HD. It allegedly has all the Real Tracks. The G:\bb\RealTracks folder has:
30.2 GB
23,748 files
824 folders

Well we both just installed the same thing, but my numbers are a lot smaller than yours

So I went back to the BIAB external HD and sure enough, I see 30.2 GB, 23,748 files and 824 folders. But this is not what apparently installed to my DAW internal drive. Sounds like I need to do a reinstall??

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

DrDan #96451 12/10/10 06:49 PM
H
Apprentice
Apprentice
H
FYI, I'm running everything off the USB drive. Didn't install to my internal drive.

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

FYI, I'm running everything off the USB drive. Didn't install to my internal drive.

Thanks for clarifying, that may help explain things.

I have now deleted everything and reinitiated a complete fresh reinstall.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

DrDan #96453 12/10/10 07:33 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

20.8 GB, 15,505 files 510 folders (I have erased +- files) - Does that sound right?? I hould have everything. - but the 15K number of files does seem hugh.

Did a complete uninstall\deleted of all prior BIAB 2010 - beginning of time files and reinstalled 2011 from the external HD of the UltraPak. Number of files and size remained identical.

DrDan #96454 12/10/10 09:37 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Dan,

Did you choose the option to install your Realtracks to the internal hard drive? My Realtracks folder is 30.2 GB on my internal drive. Is it possible that some Realtracks have ended up in another folder?

You can also have a look at the option "What Add-ons Do I Have" found under Opt. This will list all the Realtracks that are installed. If that doesn't help, the best solution would then be to use Live Help and ask PG Music.

Regards,
Noel

Last edited by Noel96; 12/10/10 10:50 PM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
I don't think you're missing anything. If you already had some Real Track files then you may have a couple of older files on your computer.

Another thing, it's been proven that you will process faster on your hard drive than the USB drive. Specially if you've installed just BIAB to your hard drive and left the RI's on the external USB drive. How big is your hard drive? How much space do you have on drive C:\? Is your hard drive divided into more than one big drive?

Russ
Anyday above ground is a good day

Computer is Hp Pavillion Vision
6 Ghz quad core AMD processor
8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium
Loose nut behind the keyboard laugh

rharv #96456 12/10/10 10:20 PM
S
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
S
Quote:

Sam
It depends on how many realtracks you have. The more realtracks, the larger the folder.

That does sound close for avg size.
I had over 100 gig, but I *think* I had all of them.

Now it's like 30 gig or so..

I just installed BIAB 2011 which means I have ALL of them. The RT folder is 83GB. I installed BIAB in the same folder as the previous version, without erasing anything, as was instructed by Alyssa at tech support.

Shouldn't everyone who installs 2011 have exactly the same size RT folder?

I don't want to erase +- files if that will slow things down.

DrDan #96457 12/10/10 10:23 PM
S
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Did a complete uninstall\deleted of all prior BIAB 2010 - beginning of time files and reinstalled 2011 from the external HD of the UltraPak. Number of files and size remained identical.

I was told by tech support to install 2011 over the 2010 version, not to uninstall or erase anything first. Was I not given the correct info? Why is your RT folder 20GB and mine 83GB? Did you erase the +- files?

83GB, 62,784 Files, 824 Folders

Last edited by Sam Kanter; 12/10/10 10:26 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Sam,

You've done the right thing. It sounds to me as if you have a mixture of older and new Realtracks.

Have a look at Opt >> Preferences >> Realtracks and make sure that the "Use +/- Realtracks for Generation" is not active (i.e. not checked). Now, run BIAB for a few days and see how it performs. (Having the "+/-" option unchecked means that BIAB is not using the +/- files.) If you are happy with the speed after a couple of days, then you can use the Opt >> Preferences >> Realtracks button "Erase un-needed +/- files". This will reduce the size of your Realtrack folder.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. You can also have a look at the option "What Add-ons Do I Have" found under Opt. This will list all the Realtracks that are installed.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
S
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
S
Quote:

Hi Sam,

You've done the right thing. It sounds to me as if you have a mixture of older and new Realtracks.

Have a look at Opt >> Preferences >> Realtracks and make sure that the "Use +/- Realtracks for Generation" is not active (i.e. not checked). Now, run BIAB for a few days and see how it performs. (Having the "+/-" option unchecked means that BIAB is not using the +/- files.) If you are happy with the speed after a couple of days, then you can use the Opt >> Preferences >> Realtracks button "Erase un-needed +/- files". This will reduce the size of your Realtrack folder.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. You can also have a look at the option "What Add-ons Do I Have" found under Opt. This will list all the Realtracks that are installed.

Noel, all the Realtracks are installed, but I don't see anyone here with 83GB RT folder. I'm wondering if they've been duplicated somehow. The +- issue is another issue altogether. I've heard that erasing +- files will slow down generation, and I'm not sure I want to do that.

Can anyone from PG music verify that 83GB is correct size of RT folder? (I'll call them).

B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
That 83gb is about what I had before I erased the +/- files. Now at about 31gb with all of them (UltraPlus Pak). There was an earlier post about the Holds/Shots files, and that seems to be a different size for some folks as well. Maybe such things as formating of the hard drives and file system specs could account for some size differences. And with the old way, you could expand all of the RT's, some of them, etc. so I wouldn't worry so much about file size - as was suggested here look at the What Options Do I Have menu and see if any are listed as not installed.

I ran a couple of test on my system regarding generation time before I erased the +/- files. Basically generation took about 30% longer with them deleted, but for my songs the longest was about 10 seconds so I can live with that and reclaim a bunch of hard drive space. If space isn't an issue I don't see any reason to delete them unless you just want to.

Good luck.

One other thought - if you don't erase the +/- files, you might want to check the box to instruct BIAB to use them, otherwise it won't even though they are still there on your system.

Last edited by BarryKJ; 12/11/10 12:59 PM.
Expert
Expert
2010.5 Everything Pak:

My RealTracks folder has a size of 92.2 GB; it contains 70432 files and 676 folders.

Guido Haas

Desktop; i7-2600k, 8 GB mem., Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Laptop: i5-2410M, 4 GB mem, Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Veteran
Veteran
Note that each of us has various realtrack updates installed, various upgrade packages, various test realtracks (for those in beta) and other things that may affect the reported size. 'When' you updated each version could even matter a little. Many things will affect this size a bit.

The sizes mentioned here don't seem out of line to me, considering possible variances.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
S
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
S
Quote:

2010.5 Everything Pak:

My RealTracks folder has a size of 92.2 GB; it contains 70432 files and 676 folders.

Guido Haas

Good! Larger than mine!

I was just concerned that there were duplicate files resulting in too large a folder.

I don't think I'll keep using +- files if erasing them (or not using them) results in slower generation.
Has anyone else tested difference in using and disabling +- and time difference in generating RT?

Journeyman
Journeyman
Wasn't there an older option, maybe still is, for having pre-expanded realtracks. In other words, realtracks were uncompressed and left on your drive. Then it was slightly quicker for BIAB to load them. My understanding is that now the program is more efficient, and our PCs more powerful.

Point is, you may have older expanded .wav versions of some of your realtracks on your drive.

Finally, I have found a cool signature with sufficiently dry humor.
S
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
S
Quote:

Wasn't there an older option, maybe still is, for having pre-expanded realtracks. In other words, realtracks were uncompressed and left on your drive. Then it was slightly quicker for BIAB to load them. My understanding is that now the program is more efficient, and our PCs more powerful.

Point is, you may have older expanded .wav versions of some of your realtracks on your drive.

No, I believe 83GB is the correct size of the 2011 realtracks folder if +- files have not been erased. If erased, it should be about 30GB. Does everyone agree?

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,632
Posts735,245
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 180