You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#96753 - 12/12/10 03:10 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window
Art Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Northeast U.S.
The Waltz Category seems to be missing in my BB 2011 build 312 Style Selector Window... Has it been relocated?

I’ve restarted the program, rebuilt the styles a couple of times, rebooted the computer...

Is anyone else having the same experience?

2011 BB screen shot without waltz
http://img843.imageshack.us/i/2011styleselectorsanswa.jpg/

2010 BB screen shot with waltz
http://img80.imageshack.us/i/2010styleselectorwithwa.jpg/

Thanks

#96754 - 12/12/10 03:55 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window [Re: Art]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Art,

I noticed that too and wondered where the Waltz category had gone!

Noel

#96755 - 12/12/10 04:16 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window [Re: Noel96]
Art Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Noel96,

With your reply, I guess I can confirm it's not an event that happens on my computer only!

Art

Edited by Art (12/12/10 04:18 AM)

#96756 - 12/12/10 09:03 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window [Re: Art]
Bob Roetker Offline
Expert

Loc: Cincinnati, OH, USA
And I definitely want the waltz category back!!!!
www.cdbaby.com/Artist/BobRoetker
www.youtube.com/broetker

#96757 - 12/12/10 11:31 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window [Re: Bob Roetker]
HogTime Offline
Apprentice

Loc: California
Glad to know I'm not losing my mind. I thought there used to be a Waltz category, but was starting to wonder if there really was. Yes, bring it back please!

#96758 - 12/15/10 06:11 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window [Re: HogTime]
Art Offline
Enthusiast

Hey Box Heads! (Smile)

I've been a Box Head since version one in the 3.5 inch floppy-disk days! How many of us go back that far? C'mon people, fess up! This has to be a considerable number!

Well, I hope that waltzes and songs in 3/4 haven't gone out of style but until the PG tech team addresses the missing Waltz Category in the Style Selector Window, here's a temporary workaround for anyone who needs to work with the missing Waltz Category.

Again, I just noticed that the Waltz Category was M.I.A. after I updated my program to the BB 2011 Build 312 release.

1. Close BB then find the following two files in the BB root directory.

BBW_Cat.LSW
BBW_Sty.LSW

2. MAKE BACKUPS of these two files and I suggest you place the backup files in a completely different directory for later retrieval.

3. Find the same two files in a previous BB folder (I went to my BB 2010 folder and copied the two files from there.)

4. Copy/paste, drag/copy, or whatever's your preference, these two older/previous files into the current BB 2011 Build 312 folder. Overwrite/replace the current two files… You have copies that you’ve just placed elsewhere.

5. Start BB and you should see that the Waltz Category has been returned to the Style Selector Window from which you can now continue your work in searching for that special 3/4 or waltz style that fits your current song requirement.

This is only a temporary aid because this workaround uses the previous data files which are not able to see the new styles you may have added in BB 2011. Another
concern is that perhaps some of the newer features of the 2011 Style Selector might be disabled or unavailable. So be careful with this workaround.

The bottom line here is that this workaround causes some temporary set-backs but the full functionality of the 2011 Build 312 S.S. Window can be easily restored by either of the following two methods:

A. Simply hit the Rebuild Styles button, (The Waltz Category will be M.I.A. again!)

B. Copy/paste or drag/copy the backup files from Item #2 back into the BB 2011 Build 312 BB folder. (The Waltz Category will be M.I.A. again!)

It is a bit of a pain to go back and forth with this workaround but I use that Waltz Category quite a lot. I hope this category is returned soon! Waltzing Is Hip!

#96759 - 12/15/10 03:24 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window [Re: HogTime]
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Hi,

Ok - we'll bring it back

#96760 - 12/15/10 03:31 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Thank you!
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac Pro]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

#96761 - 12/15/10 03:47 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window [Re: Matt Finley]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
And as I requested previously, it would be nice to have a filter selection for only displaying Waltz styles in each category, as well.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#96762 - 12/15/10 04:13 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window [Re: jford]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
I'm all for anything that helps tracking down all waltz styles.

#96763 - 12/15/10 05:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Bob Roetker Offline
Expert

Loc: Cincinnati, OH, USA
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
www.cdbaby.com/Artist/BobRoetker
www.youtube.com/broetker

#96764 - 12/15/10 07:12 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window [Re: Bob Roetker]
Art Offline
Enthusiast

Hip, Hip, Hurray! Waltzing is hip!

Thanks Andrew

#96765 - 12/15/10 07:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window [Re: Noel96]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
And a vun two tree, vun two tree...Lawrence Velk, ja.

#96766 - 12/15/10 10:01 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window [Re: John Conley]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
As Stan Freberg said, "Ah, wunnerful, ah, wunnerful. Turn off-a the bubble machine."

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#96767 - 12/16/10 04:02 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: The Waltz Category Does Not Display Itself In My BB 2011 Build 312 Style Selector Window [Re: jford]
Art Offline
Enthusiast

Did somebody mention Lawrence Welk and the bubble machine?

Doesn’t the bubble machine pre-date the fog/smoke machine and all of the pyrotechnics and optical stage craft used by many of today’s musical artists and concert producers? (Smile)

Mr. Welk was also well known for inviting many pretty young ladies from his audience up to the stage to dance the fox trot or a waltz with him. Getting the gals up on stage with him coupled with his use of the bubble machine made him a man that was way ahead of his time! (LOL)

Well er-umm, for our younger viewers who may not have seen the bubble machine in action, click the link just below to view a video of here’s a waltz where the bubble machine is activated at about the 1:15 second time counter mark.

vun two tree...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-KVzv3EI0w

Here’s another link where you can see Lawrence in action! He’s getting a pretty lady to come up on stage to dance the waltz with him while Myron Floren plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC7EKKtFcJs&feature=related

Seriously though Myron Floren was a really great musician among many of the great musicians that played regularly or appeared as guests on the show!

Edited by Art (12/16/10 04:04 PM)

PG Music News
Video - Making A Song in Band-in-a-Box® 2018

Ever wonder how to create a song in Band-in-a-Box®? We start off with the basics in our latest video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

Windows users: click here | Mac users: click here

RealTracks Patch Update for Windows Users

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest RealTracks update patch (519) here.

This patch includes some RealTracks audio updates we have made since the release of Band-in-a-Box 2018. 2018 users should be sure to download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2018 update patch (519), as that patch includes the bulk of the fixes for RealTracks released with 2018. This is a larger download than typical because it updates the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks audio files. There is more information and Audiophile patches available here.

Summary of RealTracks Audio updates:
Improved: There were small issues with the tuning of several Bass styles. This has been fixed for both the original mix and the direct input mix. This affects the following RealTracks:
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow128Byron Sw 040
- Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySwingByron Sw 190
- Bass, Acoustic, BluesyPopByron Ev 100
Improved: Audio glitches have been removed from the ends of phrases in the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Patch Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest (free) update patch (519) here.

Summary of changes:
Added: Additional dialog available for detailed information in the StyleMaker (fields for memo, examples, and other parameters). These are set in the StyleMaker (more dialog, a button called "Style Memos etc").
Added: Help Video button Added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
Improved: ABC opening improvements with some accidentals, and leadin bars that occur in middle of song.
Improved: Audio harmonies now used Improved algorithms, and can be easily set using N voices above, M voices below (and have additional functions like duplicate melody, and dup. melody octave below).
Improved: Lyrics will be now read from .mid files that used to be karaoke files (.kar) and got renamed somewhere along the line.
Improved: Support for RealTracks that should be transposed only lower (ie heavy metal guitars) and for future Improved metal guitar comping.
Improved: The Audio Harmony Dialog has been rearranged to be more intuitive when using Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: Audio harmonies might be missing some notes.
Fixed: Audio harmonies would be generated with the wrong notes if selecting a range of audio in the middle of the track.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash on bootup with error "Read Beyond end of file".
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box should show message if the latest VJT application is not installed when the user tries to render videos.
Fixed: File > Open Special > Open Audio was importing audio instead of opening it in a new song.
Fixed: In the Bar Settings window, "Chordsheet and Notation - Start a New Line" should say "Notation - Start a New Line".
Fixed: It was not possible to record audio using WAS audio drivers if "Output always on" was disabled.
Fixed: Misc. RealTracks updates.
Fixed: Quicklist drums picker sometimes showing too many drums in the list.
Fixed: Redundant flash messages were showing.
Fixed: Removing a custom drums from a track would still display Drums as the name of the loop in the track.
Fixed: Rendering audio while there is a region of bars highlighted in the chord sheet might cause a crash.
Fixed: Saving a MIDI file would fail unless saving as type 1.
Fixed: Some 12-key RealTracks were incorrectly set to allow transposition.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog needed some hints.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog was missing the new Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: The VJT application should print out its version number in log files.

Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

Forum Stats
27633 Members
50 Forums
52265 Topics
432683 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
War Eagle, reaper19, Waaree, Eridanus, Flower

27633 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 182
Noel96 165